Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

It's really getting crazy with all these updates, I feel, it really stops u from playing the sim., and enjoy just flying.  What is the purpose of having a beta team before the release of an update, such as #9.  I never saw any game or simulator with so many updates.

I have been flying since the mid 90's and never had this issue.  I can  understand once in a while u need an update, but this is just getting out of control, every update itseems needs a patch, then why do u have a beta team ?

Sorry, folks, I am just venting out, and want to enjoy this fabulous, gorgeous sim.  Shortly willl \have PMDG in town, and now we have the Maddog, the BAE 146, the Fenix coming shortly  Please stop with all the updates! or try to cut them down a bit.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I remember a time when we craved a fully updated sim with all the bells and whistles.  You have to crack an egg to make an omelette.  Would you rather the sim didn't evolve?

• Like 36
  • Upvote 3

Thomas Derbyshire

I thought that ASOBO made a decision to update a little less?

I'm not going to complain because they are giving us a World Update with sceneries and airports every other month.

• Like 10

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

It's really getting crazy with all these updates, I feel, it really stops u from playing the sim., and enjoy just flying.  What is the purpose of having a beta team before the release of an update, such as #9.  I never saw any game or simulator with so many updates.

I have been flying since the mid 90's and never had this issue.  I can  understand once in a while u need an update, but this is just getting out of control, every update itseems needs a patch, then why do u have a beta team ?

Sorry, folks, I am just venting out, and want to enjoy this fabulous, gorgeous sim.  Shortly willl \have PMDG in town, and now we have the Maddog, the BAE 146, the Fenix coming shortly  Please stop with all the updates! or try to cut them down a bit.

What is your solution/alternative?

• Like 6

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

26 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

Do you want keep all bugs withnout fix and you don't want add a new functions and improvement? 😉

• Like 6

I've had virtually zero problems w/ any updates, but I am a staunch believer in the KISS method for something that is undergoing frequent updates.  So avoid bloating your Community Folder with too much stuff you're trying to make MSFS be something it isn't quite yet.  Where to draw the line is the hard part but be sure you really need the functionality before taking on something like google map data and I'm sure lots of other goodies because the higher the number of goodies the greater the risk of a conflict w/ an update, in general.  I think there is a connection between 'update-anxiety' and installation complexity so for now until MSFS matures more and updates start to slow down maybe keep your addons restrained a little until it's time to test its resilience.  

• Like 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

41 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

You're not alone, to me sometimes this thing looks like it's out of hand. This has been mentioned several times. From 2023 on, I would like to expect three to four updates per year and that would be Ok for me.

Edited by edpatino
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

24 minutes ago, espent said:

What is your solution/alternative?

Release stuff when it's ready. MSFS was released like 3 years before it should.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

1000's of hours of incredible enjoyment would have been missed to accommodate your recommendation.  No thanks!

• Like 28
  • Upvote 4

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Not sure I agree with this one.

Give me all the updates you have.  This shows that someone is working on it based on feedback. My 2 cents...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Noel said:

1000's of hours of incredible enjoyment would have been missed to accommodate your recommendation.  No thanks!

This will obviously depend on how you use it. Right now it's good for sightseeing, that's not what i'm here for.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

16 minutes ago, edpatino said:

You're not alone, to me sometimes this thing looks like it's out of hand. This has been mentioned several times. From 2023 on, I would like to expect three to four updates per year and that would be Ok for me.

We effectively have about 4 “coding” updates a year in the Sim Updates.

The World Updates are not coding updates. They are just scenery updates. And the World Updates should not break your add-ons, except for any scenery add-ons that happen to be targeted by that World Update (ie. the World Update for Germany may have broken some German scenery add-ons but it shouldn’t have affected many scenery add-ons outside of Germany).

So you already got your wish of 4 “coding” updates a year.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

So you already got your wish of 4 “coding” updates a year.

I'm talking of a total of 4 updates, either sim updates or world updates (2 and 2, 3 and 1, 4 and 0, doesn't matter). Currently there are sim updates and world updates every two months for each type, averaging one per month, a total mess, and you can see the results.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I know simmers tend to play sims mostly, but anyone who plays other games such as shooters, MMORPGs, or other forms of computer games will be VERY familiar with regular updates and lifecycle game advancement... its normal. 'finished' games that just... exist are a thing of the disk era...

With digital delivery, new content, new features and new stuff are constant now and flow out over a games lifespan. This is literally any other game now 😄 Welcome to modern AAA title land 😄

• Like 2

Just now, edpatino said:

I'm talking of a total of 4 updates, either sim updates or world updates (2 and 2, 3 and 1, 4 and 0, doesn't matter). Currently there are sim updates and world updates every two months for each type, averaging one per month, a total mess, and you can see the results.

Wait, you want less stuff?

ah... erm, uh... no thanks?

• Like 10