Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

10 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This will obviously depend on how you use it. Right now it's good for sightseeing, that's not what i'm here for.

Sounds like don't now how to use it.  I do everything I ever did in P3D in the Maj Dash 8, PMDG birds, now in the AS CRJ and soon in the PMDG 737.  It all works quite well--though it's nowhere near mature but it's amply effective.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This will obviously depend on how you use it. Right now it's good for sightseeing, that's not what i'm here for.

Wrong! You have no idea of what you are missing. I'll save you some time. P3D & XP11 are dead to me, so please don't preach.

• Like 12

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

What really bothers me is that it still feels very fragile and unpolished and not thought out properly. It's laid out as a game and thought out to work in a console, etc,

When i'm flying online and it decides to lose internet connection, there is a very annoying popup window that PAUSES the simulator. If i'm not aware, my ACARS program will penalize me for pausing the simulator and if i'm under control by an ATC... well, don't need to explain more. Then there's this "no internet, no flying" thing that has never been addressed. Then there's the ridiculous usage of then GPU while in the menus (i've seen 1600fps in some cases and my graphics card goes nuts with the fans - 200 watts consumption in a simple menu). I guess this is all because of its hideous game-like menus, but i bet those can be done without so much GPU use, or at least limit the word not allowed things to 30fps, it's STATIC stuff for God's sake.

So, unpolished, unfinished, buggy... You name it. Out way ahead of its time.

I'm glad it works for some, it STILL doesn't work for me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Wrong! You have no idea of what you are missing. I'll save you some time. P3D & XP11 are dead to me, so please don't preach.

Errr... i DO use it (when it allows me). Far from trying to preach anything, if you like it, by all means, use it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

What really bothers me is that it still feels very fragile and unpolished and not thought out properly. It's laid out as a game and thought out to work in a console, etc,

When i'm flying online and it decides to lose internet connection, there is a very annoying popup window that PAUSES the simulator. If i'm not aware, my ACARS program will penalize me for pausing the simulator and if i'm under control by an ATC... well, don't need to explain more. Then there's this "no internet, no flying" thing that has never been addressed. Then there's the ridiculous usage of then GPU while in the menus (i've seen 1600fps in some cases and my graphics card goes nuts with the fans - 200 watts consumption in a simple menu). I guess this is all because of its hideous game-like menus, but i bet those can be done without so much GPU use, or at least limit the word not allowed things to 30fps, it's STATIC stuff for God's sake.

That's unfortunate for you.  Sounds like you don't have the ability to put it in perspective, enjoy the heck out of what works exceedingly well and appreciate it takes time and a lot of effort to bring about maturity in a project of this scope.  Take a break and go play in P3D that's rock solid stagnant.  

• Like 9

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

That's an aberration. I have a decent internet connection and very rarely do I have a drop in connection. The updates have not always been smooth and I agree that there's still work to be done, but it's still the best sim I've ever had when it works and that's 99% of the time. This could change when it's updated again next week. 😀

• Like 10

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I keep waiting for REPLAY!  Where is that Update!

• Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's an aberration. I have a decent internet connection and very rarely do I have a drop in connection. The updates have not always been smooth and I agree that there's still work to be done, but it's still the best sim I've ever had when it works and that's 99% of the time. This could change when it's updated again next week. 😀

I have a great internet connection which is useless when the other side doesn't work which is what i was referring to.

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's unfortunate for you.  Sounds like you don't have the ability to put it in perspective, enjoy the heck out of what works exceedingly well and appreciate it takes time and a lot of effort to bring about maturity in a project of this scope.  Take a break and go play in P3D that's rock solid stagnant.  

You don't know me and seems like you're just way too into MSFS to be able to see anything else. So that's my cue indeed, have fun, i will have too maybe someday when it's decent.

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Don’t tell a fellow user he’s wrong to use the simulator as he wishes. Just because YOU think P3D and XP are “dead” that is not an opinion shared by others.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Don’t tell a fellow user he’s wrong to use the simulator as he wishes. Just because YOU think P3D and XP are “dead” that is not an opinion shared by others.

But it is an opinion shared by many. 

• Like 17

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'd much rather the frequent updates from a sim developer who is very engaged and constantly putting out enhancements and fixes than the glacial pace forward-movements of other sims... even with the regressions and new bugs introduced at times (and this only happens for the sim-updates four times a year nowadays, not the world/scenery updates).

And for those with the laughable claims that MSFS is only for sightseeing and that it's unfinished bla bla, well, other sims are there to be enjoyed instead I guess... personally I find them to be about as compelling as watching paint dry, but hey that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. In its current form, MSFS with all the improvements made so far to the core sim and everything else in the pipeline for 2022 and beyond, and all the high fidelity/realism aircrafts being released from GA to retro to modern jetliner... ya no other experience comes even remotely close for me, so I'll take the occasional bugs/regressions and hotfixes as that's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 8

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

50 minutes ago, edpatino said:

You're not alone, to me sometimes this thing looks like it's out of hand. This has been mentioned several times. From 2023 on, I would like to expect three to four updates per year and that would be Ok for me.

If an update doesn’t work out completely like it should and no Hotfix is being released then another updated after 1-2 months would be better than after 3-4 months …

Just my 2 cents ….

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

products that are not finished are still being sold.
the urgency of money produces errors. but companies know that users are ALWAYS in the forums, connected, waiting. They know that we have infinite patience.

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

I never saw any game or simulator with so many updates.

World of Tanks 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1