Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Don’t tell a fellow user he’s wrong to use the simulator as he wishes. Just because YOU think P3D and XP are “dead” that is not an opinion shared by others.

He's wrong about MSFS being a VFR sim and those two sims are dead to ME. All in fun. I did not mean any disrespect.

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

42 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm talking of a total of 4 updates, either sim updates or world updates (2 and 2, 3 and 1, 4 and 0, doesn't matter). Currently there are sim updates and world updates every two months for each type, averaging one per month, a total mess, and you can see the results.

The World Updates don’t cause a mess though.  And they are also trying to move to an architecture where the World Update is just downloaded from the content manager, requiring no update at all.

i don’t see what the problem is with World Updates.  They don’t genuinely break add-ons.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

23 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I have a great internet connection which is useless when the other side doesn't work which is what i was referring to.

Got it! It's the one I fear most.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm talking of a total of 4 updates, either sim updates or world updates (2 and 2, 3 and 1, 4 and 0, doesn't matter). Currently there are sim updates and world updates every two months for each type, averaging one per month, a total mess, and you can see the results.

I am so happy you're not in charge. A total mess? Really, dude? Keep that hyperbole to yourself. I can't wait for them to give the Caribbean the WU treatment and if they listened to you, I'd be waiting forever.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

He's wrong about MSFS being a VFR sim

No he’s not. Can’t you understand that’s his opinion and he’s perfectly entitled to it. If he wishes to use it for VFR flying that’s his prerogative. Opinions cannot be wrong. Only facts can be.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

All in fun. I did not mean any disrespect.

Fair enough but please respect others have a different opinion to you.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

No he’s not. Can’t you understand that’s his opinion and he’s perfectly entitled to it. If he wishes to use it for VFR flying that’s his prerogative. Opinions cannot be wrong. Only facts can be.

Fair enough but please respect others have a different opinion to you.

Absolutely.

Edited by DJJose

43 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Errr... i DO use it (when it allows me). Far from trying to preach anything, if you like it, by all means, use it.

Bruh it sounds like you need a better ISP

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But it is an opinion shared by many. 

Also many people drive too fast on the highway…That doesn’t mean that their opinion is the only opinion…

My opinion is that P3D still is better in support for cockpitbuilders (more support for hardware and multi monitor support + NVSURROUND fisheye fix ) but because of the more realistic PR scenery I prefer MSFS…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Also many people drive too fast on the highway…That doesn’t mean that their opinion is the only opinion…

My opinion is that P3D still is better in support for cockpitbuilders (more support for hardware and multi monitor support + NVSURROUND fisheye fix ) but because of the more realistic PR scenery I prefer MSFS…

But that is really a niche of a niche market. 

\

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If someone come here and says that MSFS is a sight seeing sim. Are we supposed to take him for his word? I'm sorry. He's not correct. If he feels that way, then he should say I as I did, that to the person is a sight seeing sim. Once again, all in fun!

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I have a great internet connection which is useless when the other side doesn't work which is what i was referring to.

You don't know me and seems like you're just way too into MSFS to be able to see anything else. So that's my cue indeed, have fun, i will have too maybe someday when it's decent.

I'm sorry you're of course correct I don't know you and would happily buy you a beer in your home country if I ever get there!  I really would like to go there some day!  It's just your perspective that is so diametrically opposite to mine so cannot relate to it in the slightest which is why I say it's unfortunate for you.   My problem is staying away from MSFS, versus waiting until it's 'decent'.  I've been fortunate to have few technical or performance problems with it so I see it as quite far advanced in many ways, even ATC is showing some promise now.  It's a slow move towards maturation so this is why we need to cope w/ relatively frequent updates.  At least that is my perspective.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

He made a blanketed statement that MSFS is a sight seeing sim. That's not the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But that is really a niche of a niche market.

It's niche in a consumer market, however there is commercial and military to consider, certainly a growth area of many hundreds of millions of $$.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

29 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If an update doesn’t work out completely like it should and no Hotfix is being released then another updated after 1-2 months would be better than after 3-4 months …

Just my 2 cents ….

Hi Greg, but so many frequent updates makes up the need for hotfixes or patches too. Less frequent updates makes the sim more robust and the need of hotfixes disminishes.

Hope you're doing great!.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers