Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Hi Greg, but so many frequent updates makes up the need for hotfixes or patches too. Less frequent updates makes the sim more robust and the need of hotfixes disminishes.

So true... Working in software development I see things broken by updates and the need fixes on top of fixes all the time.

Often the pressure to release comes from marketing, who tend to be of "release no matter", as they don't understand the interconnected nature of software.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Wrong! You have no idea of what you are missing. I'll save you some time. P3D & XP11 are dead to me, so please don't preach.

Fine. Do your thing! Your feelings are your feelings.

Personally with all the intermittent connection issues for MSFS yesterday and today I have spent about 3 hours of benefit-valued flight time in FSX SE, refreshing my familiarization with my two latest MSFS aircraft additions, the Carenado 337 Skymaster, and the Milviz Cessna C310R, and add to that the Garmin GTN 750.  Both are closely modeled in FSX SE to the recent MSFS releases. 

So FSX SE has significant value to me.  Didn't have to sit around the hanger or pilots lounge complaining.  Just flew!  Yep! Just flew!

Just get these connectivity issues resolved before the release of the Hjet!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If someone come here and says that MSFS is a sight seeing sim. Are we supposed to take him for his word? I'm sorry. He's not correct. If he feels that way, then he should say I as I did, that to the person is a sight seeing sim. Once again, all in fun!

If he says “in my opinion MSFS is a sight seeing sim” then yes, you have to accept that is his opinion and that is how he perceives it. Those three words are the difference between stating a fact and stating an opinion.

It’s very important that people make it clear they’re expressing their opinion and not stating a fact. There’s a world of difference as I’m sure you know. 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yea the days of FSX and constant OOMs on short final were so fun... Or building a $5000 rig to struggle to get 30FPS consistently or or,the constant CFG tweeking... Yea let's go back to the days of a dead and abandoned platform  🙄 

• Like 3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Fine. Do your thing! Your feelings are your feelings.

Personally with all the intermittent connection issues for MSFS yesterday and today I have spent about 3 hours of benefit-valued flight time in FSX SE, refreshing my familiarization with my two latest MSFS aircraft additions, the Carenado 337 Skymaster, and the Milviz Cessna C310R, and add to that the Garmin GTN 750.  Both are closely modeled in FSX SE to the recent MSFS releases. 

So FSX SE has significant value to me.  Didn't have to sit around the hanger or pilots lounge complaining.  Just flew!  Yep! Just flew!

Just get these connectivity issues resolved before the release of the Hjet!

But with potato graphics what's the point....

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Just now, z06z33 said:

Yea the days of FSX and constant OOMs on short final were so fun... Or building a $5000 rig to struggle to get 30FPS consistently or or,the constant CFG tweeking... Yea let's go back to the days of a dead and abandoned platform  🙄 

I did a fresh install of FSX SE when I constructed this current system, and could not find a newer GPU.  Not had an OOM or CTD with it since then.  With all the growing pains of MSFS, which have now reappeared, I continued to log more hours in FSX SE than MSFS until after SU5, around July 1 last year.  Since then my MSFS hours have been 9:1.  But it was refreshing  today to get in some flying, and I am not about to uninstall FSX SE as long as it can win a day or two.  Much like learning to fly in a T41 (Cessna 150), continuing to a T42 for multi and instrument ratings, but having the T41 to fall back to when the T42 was not available.

Every day is a different day.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Yea the days of FSX and constant OOMs on short final were so fun.

FSX was replaced by P3D now in its fifth generation and the second as a 64-bit sim. OOMs are unheard of although very high video settings for a few airports can generate VRAM errors.

P3Dv5 is light years ahead of FSX and 30fps is easily achievable with quite modest setups.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wow, this topic does seem pretty hot.  Let me say one thing, less updates would be appreciated.  So far with all the world updates,and fixes, I have not had too many problems.  My Community folder has about 30 addons and I always make sure they are up to date.

But I look at this product, lets fix some of the problems that most of us have, traffic, weather, stutering(luckily I don't have} replay etc.  I look at this sim and  its been out almost 2 years and people are still complaining.  I started simming when FS 98 came out, and bought every simulator from microsoft up to FSX.  It's nice that we get these World Updates, but if you not going to fly there, then u know what, I will pass.

Concluding, I bought this computer specifically for FS 2020, like most of us, we have invested lots of dollars, to enjoy this SPECIAL PRODUCT.  Hopefully, we have less updates, can enjoy this wonderful hobby, flying.  It's time for me now to fly the Maddog

Please don't take it wrong, this is a fantastic progrram, and is only going to get better.  Like, I said before, now the big boys ae coming to the party, PMDG, BAE146, the Maddog, Fenix

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

It’s got little to do with how frequent the updates are. No one would be complaining if there was an update every month that installed seamlessly and without fanfare, improved the sim and did not introduce new bugs left, right and centre.

The issue is not the frequency of updates, it is the QUALITY of updates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Since this update I'm getting "due to an unexpected error your game license cannot be authenticated", can continue but I lost all my settings and control bindings. Does anybody now a fix, or it's their server that are out? and that's why I lost all my settings?. Thanks in advance.

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Release stuff when it's ready. MSFS was released like 3 years before it should.

Seems like it is ready enough to keep using it. You are even using it so much it tires you out. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I fly exclusively GA, as I did when active. At the 6,000 to 24,000 altitudes I flew, and occasionally still fly with FSX SE, in the USA, 50 states worth of Megascenery Earth v3 and v4 and a significant number of addon airports were/are almost equal to MSFS at 1080 or 1280 at the same altitudes, especially with legitimate real weather and still-superior cloud textures (AS16 and REX).  And from August '20 to July '21 I also had fantastic GPS models to fall back on (RXP).  Nothing still is equal to the RealAir Duke v2 and Turbine Duke v2.  

Again, my hours are 90:10 ior higher n MSFS vs FSX SE, but to trash talk it is only to start a fight!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

New addons and updates would appear quicker if the designers would only focus on me alone. And not waste time making things all the other people want.

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:
1 hour ago, Noel said:

1000's of hours of incredible enjoyment would have been missed to accommodate your recommendation.  No thanks!

This will obviously depend on how you use it. Right now it's good for sightseeing, that's not what i'm here for.

To suggest MSFS is only good for sightseeing is just plain odd - no, it is mind curdling weird right at the point of release of the PMDG B737, the Maddog, Just Flight BAe 146 and others shortly to be released.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

36 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Such an incredibly funny thing to say. Granted, previous sims looked better with addons, but with all the previous excellent aircraft for those sims make them still valued software today.  I 100% love MSFS, but XP-11 on my system still looks and flies great.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home