Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

not for many other people.

what you kindly tell me, is like in the story:

- a man says: "im ill, im ill, im ill"....and another man comes and says: "dont exxagerate, im healthy".

I think you're very wrong on the 'not for many other people' piece.   My sense is this is the majority of PC users will match my experience in large part.   We get a skewed view of this because people w/ troubles broadcast them here looking for solutions, yet when we do a user poll about issues w/ for example post-SU9 troubles this is what it actually looks like:  spacer.png

And of that ~20% you can be sure some have already solved the particular issue in large part.  

I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your meaning.  20% is indeed many other people I can appreciate, they're still in a very large minority amongst all users.   I remember when MSFS first appeared the number of comments and threads that immediately appeared about loading up this that and the other addon and I immediately sensed they were asking for trouble w/ such a virgin product under aggressive development.  I have been ultra selective on addons and installation routines, never trying to move MSFS to another drive, not making continuous changes w/ new GPU drivers, alternate map sources, etc.  So for me, it's easy to assume some troubles are brought on by not considering the downside potential of some of this.   

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

It's quite simple... MSFS is cloud-based software, what's called "Software as a Service" (SaaS) in the industry... it was made clear from the very beginning this is what it was, and it comes with all the SaaS traits such as frequent updates, and client machines needing to be always sync'd and updated at the same level as the server software, a moving base/platform under you, etc etc... Many of us love the frequent innovation coming out from MS/Asobo for MSFS and have gladly accepted this model of running sim software. Could they do better with quality control?, especially by not introducing regression bugs? Absolutely, but for a sim that's been out only for just under two years, the pace of enhancements/fixes have been phenomenal and quite frankly necessary. And with such complex software and technology stacks (again first of a kind and innovative for the sim industry), bugs/regressions come with the territory... at least it's something that MS/Asobo addresses quickly in the form of hotfixes, and they continue to actually regularly engage with their customer base, track our wishes/bugs in prioritized backlogs etc etc.  All the hallmarks of agile software development which quite frankly is refreshing and increasingly commonplace in modern software houses.

If this is not a software model you're comfortable with, legacy sims are still out there.

On a side note, I find avsim's forum moderation to be curiously inconsistent, where it seems like voicing of opinions is tolerated (and encouraged even) on the one hand... but that's only when it comes to MSFS. I've seen many instances when folks voice similar (negative) opinions about other sims, especially in other sims' forums but even here on the MSFS forum, then out comes the heavy-handedness and policing. I'm pretty sure I know why this is, but I'll keep that opinion to myself :)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

And all the improvements in P3D since it started don't add up to a one update in MSFS. 

That is a double-edged remark! To me it means that LM got it mostly right first off and MSFS are the amateurs. 

But I'm sure that's not what you intended. 😁

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, ctdlg said:

(2 Gb down, 600 Mb up at  home).

Am I dreaming? 2 GB down!!!! And I thought my LTE was quite good at 30Mbps.😪

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

- a man says: "im ill, im ill, im ill"....and another man comes and says: "dont exxagerate, im healthy".

I don't think you have the context right. your example can be written in two ways.

1.  Doctor, I'm ill.  Clearly if the doctor says 'Well, I'm healthy', the doctor is not helping and could help diagnose the problem .

However, if it is like this;

2.  Husband says to wife 'my tummy hurts' and the reply is 'we ate the same thing and I'm fine' - clearly this is a helpful response because its probably not what he ate.

In a simulator environment, it is actually helpful to know someone else hasn't got the issue - the problem may lie with the users PC, configuration, drivers or contents of the community folder.  I'm sure if somebody has an idea what the problem is, they may add to 'mine is fine' with 'have you checked....?'.

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

33 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

In a simulator environment, it is actually helpful to know someone else hasn't got the issue - the problem may lie with the users PC, configuration, drivers or contents of the community folder.  I'm sure if somebody has an idea what the problem is, they may add to 'mine is fine' with 'have you checked....?'.

Exactly right (boldface added by me). It is amazing how many people resent posts from simmers who report that they are not experiencing a problem that some others are having, as if the only reason anyone would do this is to stick it to those who are having the problem! The fact is, both positive and negative reports provide useful information, and should be read that way. Issues arising with MSFS need to be addressed analytically, not emotionally.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I don't think you have the context right. your example can be written in two ways.

1.  Doctor, I'm ill.  Clearly if the doctor says 'Well, I'm healthy', the doctor is not helping and could help diagnose the problem .

However, if it is like this;

2.  Husband says to wife 'my tummy hurts' and the reply is 'we ate the same thing and I'm fine' - clearly this is a helpful response because its probably not what he ate.

It is almost fascinating to see how in the forums the comments are turned around so that they are in favor of those who have read them.
The reality is that the man says:

- I'm sick!
  and the doctor answers him: come on! I do not!

• Upvote 1

It's not even that many updates IMO.

If I were to complain about something, it should be the download speed. It doesn't max out my connection. It is fine, though.

• Like 1

its really crazy all the comments mentioned about updates, and the product is almost 2 yeas old!!  Why can't we just enjoy flying.

It seems when we have an  update there is so much CONFUSION and CHAOS.  

Why can't we get the bugs fixed such as TRAFFIC and WEATHER.????

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Just now, Sunshine13 said:

Why can't we get the bugs fixed such as TRAFFIC and WEATHER.????

They are trying. They recently updated some weather features and even tried to improve the ATC. Live Weather depiction is better, the ATC, not so much.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, abranpuko said:

It is almost fascinating to see how in the forums the comments are turned around so that they are in favor of those who have read them.
The reality is that the man says:

- I'm sick!
  and the doctor answers him: come on! I do not!

Well, you carry on thinking others are gloating and I'll carry on thankful  others don't have the problem and say so on the forum, which means it's solvable.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

16 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Well, you carry on thinking others are gloating and I'll carry on thankful  others don't have the problem and say so on the forum, which means it's solvable.

the truth is that I have never thought that others are gloating.
I did think that some of "the rest" are bothered that some of us have problems with MSFS.

😎

maybe this should be for another topic......Should updates be MANDATORY ?  It seems many of the updates cause more errors and problems than fixing them.  So far I have had no problems with updates, just looking at this whole issue objectively.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

10 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

maybe this should be for another topic......Should updates be MANDATORY ?  It seems many of the updates cause more errors and problems than fixing them.  So far I have had no problems with updates, just looking at this whole issue objectively.

Yes they should. It would be a nightmare for ASOBO and third-party developers to offer support for users running dozens of different versions.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Are folks actually paying close attention to the progress of the sim?

The performance, visuals, and aerodynamics/physics have improved a ton since release now standing here at SU9.

We certainly have to be using different sims here if you can't notice....🤔

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2