Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

6 minutes ago, cobalt said:

It all sounds very impressive, but the scenery in P3D is still artificial and not real-world. To me that trumps everything else.

I went from MSFS back to P3D for a few days. It looked absolutely awful after being used to MSFS. I could not get used to that look anymore. 

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I am really starting to get hooked on MSFS now that the PMDG 737 has been released. However, I don't plan on buying nearly as many aircraft for MSFS since I fly the 737 90% of the time. I will keep P3Dv5 so that I can use all of the other aircraft and airports I have acquired over the years. There are also several airports I have for P3D (way too many) that I don't fly to often, so I likely will not get those same airports again for MSFS. Even though MSFS scenery is much prettier, it is less of an issue for folks like me that are almost entirely high altitude jet flyers. That said, my P3D flights are still pretty cool for the most part.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Everyone buying the latest and greatest addon like the PMDG 737 is part of the problem. As long as we keep on giving Microsoft money, directly or indirectly, there will be no incentive for them to polish this sim. All they need is hype for the initial purchase, updates be damned.

Edited by SubtotalGuide
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Everyone buying the latest and greatest addon like the PMDG 737 is part of the problem. As long as we keep on giving Microsoft money, directly or indirectly, there will be no incentive for them to polish this sim. All they need is hype for the initial purchase, updates be damned.

Or the more planes we buy, the more we demand fidelity, more the 3rd party developers demand from Asobo.

Can't see the staff at Asobo looking to be laid off anytime soon, when there is so much left to develop and refine.

Lets not buy any addons and watch the program get shut down ...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Or the more planes we buy, the more we demand fidelity, more the 3rd party developers demand from Asobo.

Can't see the staff at Asobo looking to be laid off anytime soon, when there is so much left to develop and refine.

Lets not buy any addons and watch the program get shut down ...

Not only that, but as of right now, technically, Microsoft/Asobo gets zero dollars from all those PMDG 737 sales.  And when the Fenix A320 releases, Microsoft/Asobo will get zero dollars from the Fenix A320 sales as well.  Neither add-on is being sold in the MSFS marketplace, so Microsoft/Asobo don't make a single penny from the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 sales.

Now when the PMDG 737 arrives in the MSFS marketplace, then Microsoft/Asobo will benefit from the PMDG 737 sales.  As for the Fenix A320, my understanding is that it will never be released in the MSFS marketplace (because the Fenix A320 runs an external process, as Chewwy showed in his Task Manager on his stream).  So Fenix A320 sales will never benefit Microsoft/Asobo directly.

Where PMDG 737 sales and Fenix A320 sales can benefit Microsoft/Asobo directly is to convince people who don't have MSFS, to buy MSFS.  I don't think the percentage of  people who bought the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 and didn't buy MSFS before, is that high.  The other way Microsoft/Asobo benefit from the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 indirectly is people that buy the PMDG 737 and Fenix A320, then spend money in the MSFS marketplace.

TLDR: Microsoft/Asobo currently gets zero dollars, directly, from the PMDG 737 sales and Fenix A320 sales.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

29 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

LOL !!!

You clearly have not paid attention to the relationship dynamics between third party developers and the platform developer. Or you would not have made such an uninformed comment.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 8

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Yeah, I’m part of the problem for buying an addon for the best sim I’ve ever installed on my pc.  Whatever bro.  (Notice, I didn’t say “perfect”)

also the OP was about not wanting updates…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MySound said:

@abrams_tank you can be 1000% sure that Fenix / PMDG pay license fees to MS. In one way or the other. 

No they don't.  Where is your source that license fees are required to be paid to Microsoft outside the MSFS marketplace?  I have never heard of a 3rd party developer mentioning they have to pay license fees to Microsoft.  The only thing I have heard of is that Microsoft gets a cut on products sold in the MSFS marketplace. Do you have a source on license fees needed to be paid to Microsoft outside the MSFS marketplace?  

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

19 minutes ago, MySound said:

@abrams_tank you can be 1000% sure that Fenix / PMDG pay license fees to MS. In one way or the other. 

Fake News, 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

21 minutes ago, MySound said:

Source, please?

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

😁

Edited by IanHarrison
Posted in the one-eyed forum by mistake.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

The sim is too good to follow your miserable “Boycott MS/Asobo Movement”

Your self projecting guilt trip tactics are delusional.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I don't know about MS /Asobo not gaining much from these new aircraft, but i have noticed quite a few that have done just that, given up on their old sim and bought Msfs, over a number of forums and streams.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 5/8/2022 at 3:07 AM, Rockliffe said:

My biggest gripe is the updates being mandatory

My biggest gripe or should I say concern is MSFS' very raison d'etre:  its cloud basis.  I think having everything installed locally as has been the case until now gives one a sense of control and security that is not matched by cloud-based architecture.  But the more I think about it the more I realize that control and security is an illusion in large part.  Mandatory updates are a part of cloud-based architecture it would seem.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X