Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

PMDG 737 pricing

I am having a hard time digesting the idea that pricing is “more than fair.” What would simply be just fair? An entire package of variants would cost more than $200. Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

Perhaps not, time will tell. But even if they came in at $5 cheaper that may well be enough to sway some folks over to it.

Mark

I'm guessing people will buy both - at least the airliner guys.  I'm a 90% GA guy.  However I love the BBJ and I like the way the 737 works - I like the HUD and the FMS etc.  It's intuitive and familiar to me.  So yeah I'll get the -700 and fly less busy airports but fly more of a bizjet style.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was right! $69

Do I get a cookie?

• Like 7

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

I was right! $69

Do I get a cookie?

I say you get a whole box of Nutter Butter cookies, the world greatest cookie!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I was right! $69

Do I get a cookie?

You will get a credit on your next cookie purchase.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am having a hard time digesting the idea that pricing is “more than fair.” What would simply be just fair? An entire package of variants would cost more than $200. Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

Cheers, Pete

Only if you must have every variant.

In that case it does get kind of expensive. Perhaps the structure is set because of the way they have to sell it in the store.

At least with the 700 we get Cargo, PAX & Private......

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I don't think it's necessarily overpriced, but it doesn't make me want to jump right on it either, especially since they didn't exactly raise the bar here.  I can't believe I'm saying this stuff about a PMDG product.  😵

• Like 6

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

8 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Only if you must have every variant.

In that case it does get kind of expensive. Perhaps the structure is set because of the way they have to sell it in the store.

At least with the 700 we get Cargo, PAX & Private......

G

Well I’ll be okay just picking up the 700, but I certainly would like the 800 as well. I do see your point though. I haven’t picked up the Maddog yet since I have it for P3D but I may be better off buying the Maddog instead of a second 737 variant. Bottom line is I am a flight sim addict and I think I need to register for a 12-Step program.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm guessing people will buy both - at least the airliner guys.  I'm a 90% GA guy.  However I love the BBJ and I like the way the 737 works - I like the HUD and the FMS etc.  It's intuitive and familiar to me.  So yeah I'll get the -700 and fly less busy airports but fly more of a bizjet style.

Totally agree.  I'm getting this for the BBJ.💯

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Well I have just check my PMDG account and I have a $99 credit that I can use on anything. Is the Maddog going to be sold on the PMDG website? 😋

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fair price. I'll get it (probably just the -700 only)

• Like 1

• i7-11700k @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB RAM | 4 1TB SSD's (2 NVME, 2 SATA) | 43" 4k screen | Win 11 Pro | 
  • Simming since SubLogic Flight Sim II

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I won't be buying the 737, not into that type of aircraft anymore, but that is a great price. 

I'll second that.  The SWS Kodiak, FlightSimWare C414 and the Milviz C310 have satisfied me.  Good luck for those that enjoy the bigger airplanes, have fun!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

Here's the low down.

[07MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Release: Pricing. Where and How to Purchase

Today, 16:10

Captains-

As we move into the release phase, there are a couple of questions related to purchasing that keep coming up in various threads, so I thought I would address them in a single location.

Where to Purchase: www.PMDG.com:
It is estimated that the product will become available between the hours of 1700Z and 2359Z/09MAY.
In the event of a delay, we will alert you here in the PMDG forum.

Where to Purchase: Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace
The PMDG 737-700 will become available through Marketplace at some date in the future.
The product has not yet been submitted to MS Marketplace, as our goal is to ensure that the product is stable before putting it into the MS intake system.
It took a few months for DC-6 to complete the intake process and become live. MS had made continued improvements to the intake process and we anticipate it will take less time for 737, but we must reach consensus on stability before we will submit it to them because it is harder to push updates to MS Marketplace users quickly if they are needed.

Pricing:
Release Promotional Pricing for the 737-700 is $69.99.
Upon release of the 737-600, Promotional Pricing will end and the price will rise to $74.99.

Prepar3D 737NGXu Move-Up Program (Nov-Dec2019):
For those customers who purchased the PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D during November/December 2019, you automatically qualified for the PMDG 737 for MSFS Move-Up program.
This program was a limited time offer giving you $99.99 in credit at www.pmdg.com to use toward the purchase of the PMDG 737 for MSFS.
This promotion requires that you use your credits only at www.pmdg.com. You cannot use them in MS Marketplace.
If you qualified for this unique program, PMDG has automatically added $99.99 in credit to your account at PMDG.com. You may use this credit toward the purchase of any PMDG product that you like.
Unused credits will remain in your account and can be used on multiple purchases.
Credits will remain available through 31DEC24.
Individuals who received promotional copies of the 737NGXu do not qualify for this program.
Individuals who received refunds on the qualifying NGXu purchase, or who have otherwise had their account access removed do not qualify for this program.
If you feel that you qualify but do not see credit in your account, please contact technical support.
The PMDG 737NGX for FSX or Prepar3D does not qualify for this program.

Pricing on 737-600/800/900:
Pricing for the 737-700 and 737-800 are anticipated to be equal.*
Pricing for the 737-600 is TBA but will be approximately $50.*
Pricing for the 737-900 is TBA.*

* Subject to change.

Estimated Timeline for PMDG 737 for MSFS:
PMDG 737-700 for MSFS: 09MAY22
PMDG 737-600 for MSFS: ~20JUN22**
PMDG 737-800 for MSFS: ~01AUG22**
PMDG 737-900 for MSFS: ~12SEP22**

** Dates are estimates, subject to change and highly likely to do so. This is software after all. confused.png

Pricing Bundles:
We do not anticipate pricing bundles or collection discounting until later in the product's service life. Any bundling or combination discounting would likely not be enacted until mid-late 2023.

Robert S. Randazzo fetch?filedataid=324&sigpic=1
PMDG Simulations
http://www.pmdg.com

Plus VAT or not ??

• Like 1

Quite surprised, and i think a very fair price, looking forwards to the release now.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,