Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

PMDG 737 pricing

That seems very fair pricing to me, I don’t have the ngxu credit but I’ll still be picking up the 700 and 800. In my flight sim history, I by far get most use out of the 737 so I know I’ll get my money’s worth out of it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I was looking at my PMDG purchases,$1,114.67,not including the Fly! products,can't remember how much those were. Will be buying the 700,as I have the $99 credit. Thanks Rob, I will send you some Swisher Sweets.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

So I picked up the fs9 version on 11/09/2006 $69.99 for the base pack and the 800/900 expansion.

16 years later and here I am about to buy the the plane again for the third time lol.

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 hours ago, Gate99 said:

$100 CND. Think I'll wait for the Fenix A320

What makes you think the Fenix will be any cheaper? It likely wont. 

• Like 1

Personally from my point of view, I moved from X-Plane 11 to MSFS2020 once it released. I remember my final flight in the Zibo -800 was a aerial farewell show in Farnborough Airport, knowing I wouldn't have the 737 again for some time. (Yes I could have just kept both sims, but I couldn't move back for the visuals). 

After 2 years of GA fun, charter flights, exploring areas i'd never explore before because I was so busy doing Zibo 737 flights. It will be great to now get back into the saddle of commercial airliner flying. I was waiting solely for the 737 as it's the aircraft I am very familiar with. I don't wish to tick off Airbus fans but I have never been able to get on with Airbus systems, I am a "if it ain't Boeing I ain't going" guy. So the price that was announced today with all that in mind is very justifiable for MY situation, I appreciate everyone is different. 

Happy flying y'all...  as I posted earlier, myself and the flight crew will be walking to the PMDG 737 next weekend on the jetway like: https://youtu.be/1mog_mSii64?t=41

• Like 2

Captain NightBeauty. 

"I didn't find the passion, the passion found me"

Flying flight sims since MS FS2002. 

IR-FNk0gWTeyi0EVdymjJ-Ti20Wm8UeKtT5Nikrt

3 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

It may not be. But Fenix now knowing the price may decide to under cut their price. Even a five dollar difference will likely improve their sales.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I don’t see this pricing scheme as fair… it costs significantly more for all 4 in MSFS than it did for P3D. Which they said the reason for the high price in P3D was the professional license that came with it and not the entertainment one that was FSX (and now MSFS). So, was that a lie?… 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I paid 69.99 USD way back when for the FSX 737-800 series.  I'm happy paying the same for just the -700 model 10+ years later here in MSFS.  I'm mostly a BBJ bizjet guy anyway.

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The MSFS 737 is cheaper than the FSX 737 you bought 10+ years ago because of inflation.  So we are getting a better deal than the FSX days.

Yep I was just thinking the same thing.  It's also going to perform a lot better while having more visual and systems refinement (newer features that the FSX one didn't have like the VNAV profile display).  I was incredibly disappointed to have modern hardware (3700X, 2080 Super) in a new PC I built in 2019 and reinstalled Steam FSX and the PMDG -800/900 package and still struggled to maintain usable FPS.  Realized FSX was just dead and gave up on it.  Then a year later MSFS hit and gave me new hope 🙂  I never got around to trying Prepar3d got sidetracked with other games for a few years.  Was debating XP11 vs P3D then a month later MSFS drops and I went that route instead.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

A lot of us simmers spend almost an entire flight inside the cockpit. I'll speak for myself, I do. So, for me, I don't mind the price tag because I'll only purchasing the -700, because there is very little difference in flying different variants. Sure, fuel and loads and real world ops are slightly different between say, the -600 vs the -900, but the experience I'll get in the flight deck is almost identical. I might go for the -900, because its the largest 737 built, but I don't understand people looking at the total price tags for all variants when the experience between all of those is almost the exact same per flight. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

It may not be. But Fenix now knowing the price may decide to under cut their price. Even a five dollar difference will likely improve their sales.

Mark

$5 really? I’m sorry, but the price of a Starbucks coffee has no influence on a flightsim addon purchase for me. If you can’t afford a $5 price difference between addons, you’re in the wrong hobby. How much was your GPU?

edit: I will get the 737-700 and 737-800, thanks to my NGXU credit. But I’m definitely considering the Fenix 320 as well. Regardless of how they price their airplane. It’s their right to price it as they wish to get fair compensation for the work they put in.

Edited by flytrumpet767

12 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I've been puzzled by all the comparisons between the PMDG 737 and this Fenix 320 that I've seen over the last weeks.  I just don't understand why they're seen as "competitors"?  They're entirely different aircraft. It's like considering the Kodiak, the 310, the 146, and the -80 to be competitors... they're all completely different airplanes. 

If I want a sim version of a 737, why would I consider a Bus, or vice versa?  I'm sure they're both great products... I just don't see how they compete? 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

3 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

A lot of us simmers spend almost an entire flight inside the cockpit. I'll speak for myself, I do. So, for me, I don't mind the price tag because I'll only purchasing the -700, because there is very little difference in flying different variants. Sure, fuel and loads and real world ops are slightly different between say, the -600 vs the -900, but the experience I'll get in the flight deck is almost identical. I might go for the -900, because its the largest 737 built, but I don't understand people looking at the total price tags for all variants when the experience between all of those is almost the exact same per flight. 

Fully agree with this. 

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

7 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

I don’t see this pricing scheme as fair… it costs significantly more for all 4 in MSFS than it did for P3D. Which they said the reason for the high price in P3D was the professional license that came with it and not the entertainment one that was FSX (and now MSFS). So, was that a lie?… 

Yes.

But we knew that at the time.  especially when the p3d version of the PMDG plane came out, and it still said "Not For Use in Training" on the tin.  And to my mind, that situation was worse, because at least with this version, they actually had to do some work to get this into the sim.  When the P3D version first came out all they did was remove the installer code that kept the FSX plane from installing to P3D (v3 at the time) tested the cockpit shadows a bit, and released it at 140% of the price of the fsx plane...

To try to present this in a balanced manner, PMDG (according to themselves) did have issues in convincing Boeing to go along with having this available in a Lockheed Martin product, which is a competitor.  but that adds no value to us on the user end, and shouldn't be our deal to fund...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flytrumpet767 said:

$5 really? I’m sorry, but the price of a Starbucks coffee has no influence on a flightsim addon purchase for me. If you can’t afford a $5 price difference between addons, you’re in the wrong hobby. How much was your GPU?

If you were undecided about which of the two planes to buy and one was $69.99 and the other was $64.99 I don't think it's unreasonable to think that some, if not many, would go for the cheaper one.

Mark

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

8 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

It's like considering the Kodiak, the 310, the 146, and the -80 to be competitors... they're all completely different airplanes.

Yeah, but nobody ever made these comparisons. The Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 are as comparable as it gets! Both are narrow body airliners, servicing the same routes with nearly the same operating procedures, fuel loads, cargo, etc. The two planes honestly don't get any closer in comparison. 

Edited by Bdub22