Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

PMDG 737 pricing

3 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

And if your undecided which of the the two planes would give you more enjoyment? I think many would go for the cheaper one.

Mark

I would still go for the one that brings me more enjoyment, which is worth a Starbucks latte 😃

5 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

They made it very clear in November 2019 that your purchase of the NGXU would 100% go towards the MSFS version. Some of us will benefit (me) some of us won’t. That’s how life works. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I understand that. I had purchased the original NGX not too much earlier and I didn’t want pull the trigger that quickly on another 737. It was bad timing to me unfortunately, but boy would it be refreshing to see some sort of benefit for the $1,000 + I’ve spent on PMDG products. Maybe a lesser discount for those that purchased the NGXu after the promo period, like $50 would have been nice. Oh well, it is what it is.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 minutes ago, flytrumpet767 said:

I would still go for the one that brings me more enjoyment, which is worth a Starbucks latte 😃

Did you read what you quoted me as saying?

Okay, I give up!  ...lol

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

8 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I’d go for the half-price shake from 3pm to 5pm at Steak n’ Shake, but then I’d be putting on too many extra pounds. This is already a problem due to sitting on my word not allowed, simming, and drinking beer!

Cheers, Pete

They are 1/2 price from 2PM to 4PM in my area. They are addictive!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I see what you are saying, and it makes sense. The angle I’m coming from is that I paid $140 for the 800-900 in P3D and I’d be paying $145 for the 700-800 in MSFS. Those are only two I really want, but I will not get the 800 for this reason. I, like others, have purchase the 737 three times already, so I guess I am a bit frustrated.

Cheers, Pete

I hear ya. I just would like to add though that what you're getting for these prices is not exactly the same.

For the MFS versions you get the 700, 700F, 700BBJ, 800, 800F, 800BBJ

For the P3D versions you get the 700, 800.

Hence there could be some reasoning behind the price disparity.

• Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

They are 1/2 price from 2PM to 4PM in my area. They are addictive!

It’s ridiculous! I got one about a mile away. Without any discipline I’d weigh 400 lbs. easy!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

7 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

Did you read what you quoted me as saying?

Okay, I give up!  ...lol

Mark

How the word not allowed can you be undecided? You either want a 737 or a A320 or something else.And if you don’t know, you do your research. But you sure as hell don’t go into a purchase like this undecided. Come on. This is getting ridiculous.

58 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

The Fenix also has to compete with a really good competitor whose product costs zero dollars and zero cents.

Yep. Looks like a really great product but I won't be getting it because I already have a pretty great A320n in my hangar. I wish Fenix had developed something that no one else was working on, like a 727 or an L1011. By going head to head with a well-executed-and-constantly-improving free product, I think they're gonna lose out, which is too bad because they seem like a developer that would otherwise have very high potential.

I'm pretty OK with the pricing on the 737, though I think it might make good business sense to do a "if you've already bought a variant, you get an X% discount on the others" pricing strategy. As it is, PMDG will make less from me on this one than they have in any other sim, because as was pointed out above, the cockpit experience is very similar across the 737 line, so I only need one. 

The exception will be with the 747, where I'll happily buy the -400 and the 8 separately because there are significant differences to experience in the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

Ill take whatever you guys are having. I cant believe you all think this is a fair price. Its more expensive that the NGXu. What a joke.

Even if the NGXu was priced liked Robert said it would have originally would have been, the NG3 is only 50 bucks cheaper. 

The argument of inflation is the weakest justification ive ever heard for word not allowed like this.

I cant fathom that people will pay anything to just maybe, possibly, hopefully get the opportunity to pretend what its like to fly one of these airplanes. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Sounds like a great product, and the price is very, very good for what you get. Exceptional, even.

I’m talking about the half-priced shake, by the way. As this thread now seems to be mainly about shakes and lattes, and other tasty treats like that.

As for the price…well, now we know what it is. Some people will buy it, some people won’t, and some people will say they’re not going to buy it here, but will end up doing so anyway.

I’m not really sure what else needs to be said on this topic.

• Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Too much. And I have enough money but they are still living with their pricing in the P3D era. With that price they will sell much less copies than with a 49€ price which would be suitable 

700 first, promotional prices..lol they really want desperately to get the impatient to flex buy their early access version. I will check back in October and see where we are at with the 800 and early access 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Ill take whatever you guys are having. I cant believe you all think this is a fair price. Its more expensive that the NGXu. What a joke.

Seems a very fair price to me, considering the complexity of the product, development time and the amount of pleasure the 737 will bring.

5 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I cant fathom that people will pay anything to just maybe, possibly, hopefully get the opportunity to pretend what its like to fly one of these airplanes. 

Maybe, possibly, hopefully?  I don't need to spend long on YouTube to see the PMDG 737 WILL  allow us to experience what its like to operate a 737 realistically.

You sure you're posting in the right place? With the amount of excitement your showing for such an eagerly anticipated addon, maybe you would be better off in a fishing, stamp collecting or model railway forum?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

Plus VAT or not ??

That will be including VAT - or rather, there is no VAT to charge; they’re in the US.

I’m in the UK.  I bought the DC6 from PMDG website and the price I paid was the same as published.

The DC6 was £46 to me. The -700 will be £56 on Monday evening.

Considering I sit in front of around £2500 worth of PC and peripherals when I fly, the price is right as far as I’m concerned 😃.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Too much. And I have enough money but they are still living with their pricing in the P3D era. With that price they will sell much less copies than with a 49€ price which would be suitable

Same thought here. And VAT isn't included in their pricing I guess. I can still hear Robert talk about the market change for MSFS but then the price doesn't really reflect that.

• Upvote 3