Sign in to follow this  
Bdub22

MSFS First time connection issue

For the very first time in years, I tried to start MSFS and got this message:

"Due to an unexpected error, your game license cannot be authenticated."

It then goes on to tell me to sign into the MS store and Xbox Live account. Im logged into both and the simulator continues - but there's not live weather, even with it checked on. I have full internet connection. Operating everything as I usually do. Anyone having these issues? Or know how to fix? Thanks in advance! 

Me too. 

Xbox is down too so its probably something to do with that. 

I just bought the 310 too. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

6 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

For the very first time in years, I tried to start MSFS and got this message:

"Due to an unexpected error, your game license cannot be authenticated."

It then goes on to tell me to sign into the MS store and Xbox Live account. Im logged into both and the simulator continues - but there's not live weather, even with it checked on. I have full internet connection. Operating everything as I usually do. Anyone having these issues? Or know how to fix? Thanks in advance! 

There have been numerous connectivity issues this weekend.  It is by no means something happening just to you.  Just have to be patient for it to be resolved at Asobo/Microsoft's end.  In the meantime there are numerous topics raging on this here on Avsim.  If you choose you can entertain yourself reading through all of them.  Quite bit of personality studying available....

And by all means do not mention if you flew a previous sim today to pass the time.....

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had the same thing happen about 10 hours ago, so it has been going on for a while.

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

Xbox services are currently having issues.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Same as yesterday. What are these people in X box doing?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hardly actually mentioned here is that the solution is to reload the program from desktop again and then maybe again again. There is about a 50% chance of success each time for those of us having problems with connecting to the correct server authentication . Simple as that.

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video