Sign in to follow this  
trainnut

ATC voices

Recently the ATC & aircraft voices have become partially garbled.Instead of a straight command I get additional information.eg.

Instead of XX clear for take off etc. I get.

XXX microsoft, clear & other vocal artifacts and eventually the take off clearance. Hard to explain. 

It also happens ocasionally to the aircraft replies but mainlt the ATC voices.

Any ideas

4 hours ago, trainnut said:

Any ideas

perhaps invest in a mature sim ..............

for now, cheers

john martin

It’s an ongoing issue where if the ATC voices switch from Azure to offline sometimes they pronounce a bunch of stuff that wasn’t meant to be said out loud (I could tell exactly what you meant when you typed it out).  No known fix at present, I’d suggest submitting bug reports to keep the issue on Asobo’s radar and have a look for official forum posts on the subject to vote them up for attention.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

perhaps invest in a mature sim ..............

You mean like the 15+ year old FSX that has lipstick on it and is now called P3D?😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think i have fixed it. I was offline in the GENERAL, DATA area so could not select ASURE in the sound manu. Back on line & ASSURE selects OK.

Tnks for the suggestions

Before SU9 ATC would come up with garbled messages including things like ### every time the azure server went offline.  Since SU9, I am still getting garbled messages even when the azure server is online.  Surprising that this wasn't picked up during the beta as it is quite significant.  TBH, ATC in general was much better before SU9.  One of the most annoying things is ATC saying "good day" in a very slow and droning way.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Before SU9 ATC would come up with garbled messages including things like ### every time the azure server went offline.  Since SU9, I am still getting garbled messages even when the azure server is online.  Surprising that this wasn't picked up during the beta as it is quite significant.  TBH, ATC in general was much better before SU9.  One of the most annoying things is ATC saying "good day" in a very slow and droning way.

ATC seems to say "good day" like she is very angry!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

This probably should be another topic but the problem I have with ATC is I'm on final approach at 3700 feet and ATC says, "please expedite your climb to 10,000 feet.  Over and over again.

Roy

On 5/8/2022 at 6:42 AM, regis9 said:

It’s an ongoing issue where if the ATC voices switch from Azure to offline sometimes they pronounce a bunch of stuff that wasn’t meant to be said out loud (I could tell exactly what you meant when you typed it out).  No known fix at present, I’d suggest submitting bug reports to keep the issue on Asobo’s radar and have a look for official forum posts on the subject to vote them up for attention.

They hosed it in SU5 and never fixed it. Drives me absolutely insane that they keep sweeping this under the rug. Ugh. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |