Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Toolbar Pushback and the FBW A32N...

Yesterday I pushed the latest FBW installer, and with it not only the A32N but also the Salty 748i.

After watching some videos I became aware of Ambitous Pilot's Toolbar Pushback, and also installed it.

Tried the Toolbar Pushback with the Salty 748i, and t worked ( well, although during the pushback planning I tend to lose the aircraft icon and get lost and have to initiate Manual Pushback instead ) but it had no impact on performance.

Strangely with the "Experimental" version of the NEO during the pushback the FPS started to decay severely, the simulator acted strangely, with everything I did taking several seconds to take place in the sim ?

Do you know of any incompatibility ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

48 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yesterday I pushed the latest FBW installer, and with it not only the A32N but also the Salty 748i.

After watching some videos I became aware of Ambitous Pilot's Toolbar Pushback, and also installed it.

Tried the Toolbar Pushback with the Salty 748i, and t worked ( well, although during the pushback planning I tend to lose the aircraft icon and get lost and have to initiate Manual Pushback instead ) but it had no impact on performance.

Strangely with the "Experimental" version of the NEO during the pushback the FPS started to decay severely, the simulator acted strangely, with everything I did taking several seconds to take place in the sim ?

They are working on their own pushback and do multple updates a day to the exp version, so it's to be expected that those things happen. It's probably already fixed.

EDIT: Actually it does happen to others since yesterday, not yet fixed (according to Discord).

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yes. There was some sort of problem yesterday afternoon. I have not installed the Salty 748i, but I do have the FBW A320 experimental build installed.

I did an early morning flight that worked great. After that, I updated to a newer FBW build, and also updated to the latest Nvidia driver. After doing that, my next 3 attempts at flying blew up at exactly the same point. As soon as the tug lifted the nose, the sim froze, started having long delays between flicking a switch and seeing the results, slow panning with major stutters, and the sim just completely losing it's mind. I reverted back to the previous Nvidia driver and then updated to a newer version of the exp build and everything was fine again.

If you didn't mess with your video drivers, then I guess I can go upgrade that again since it apparently was not a factor.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Thank you guys !

Confirmed. Just removed the Toolbar Pushback from my Community folder and completed a flawless flight ( LPPT - LPMA ) in the latest Experimental build I downloaded this morning.

Used the built-in FBW pushback which works great too.

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Sorry for using this thread but i have a different issue using the PB Tool and FBW 320. When using a preplanned PB i have so voice simulation and the aircraft doesnt get lifted. The PB itself works.

Not sure where the problem is actually.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

To be clear: the reason for the issues was not the pushback add-on, it was related to FMGC flight phase code being adapted. There was an issue that caused the flight phases to flip very fast in case the nose wheel being lifted. That caused performance issues and often also led to a stack overflow. Strange enough the nose wheel lift didn’t trigger it on my end.

I reworked that yesterday evening and now it should be good again.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, AGuther said:

To be clear: the reason for the issues was not the pushback add-on, it was related to FMGC flight phase code being adapted. There was an issue that caused the flight phases to flip very fast in case the nose wheel being lifted. That caused performance issues and often also led to a stack overflow. Strange enough the nose wheel lift didn’t trigger it on my end.

Great !  

Guther, are you part of teh FBW team then ?  So, it had to do with the FMGC logic assuming from the lifting of the nose wheel that the aircraft was transitioning between ground / flight phases, is that it ?

Interesting ! 

Thank you for making it clear. That means I can use again the TB Pushback. I was actually beginning to like it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

22 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Guther, are you part of teh FBW team then ?

Yes he is, he is the brain behind the accurate autopilot and the accurate fly-by-wire systems 🙂

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

When using TB Pushback with Experimental version, my joystick rudder control for ground steering does not work.

Dave Hinson

1 hour ago, AGuther said:

The FbW A320 sounds like a half-decent mod. Maybe I should try it.

Tried the 787 Heavy Division mod and the Salty 787 mod. Both are rubbish. 

Hope yours is a bit better. 

Edited by Ricardo41

I'll buy you a beer if you don't think it's better. 🍺

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Tried the 787 Heavy Division mod and the Salty 787 mod. Both are rubbish. 

Hope yours is a bit better. 

The FBW is the best aircraft mod in flight sim's history. It's better than the Aerosoft A320 by now (in most areas).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AGuther said:

Thank you very much for your excellent work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Actually, it is not a mod as they rightly like to point out.  It is a completely standalone freeware/donationware aircraft.  Be like calling the PMDG 737 a 'mod'.

• Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K