Sign in to follow this  
jackaustin

FSX Keyboard Problems

On 5/10/2010 at 4:52 AM, Guest jrosstx said:

Hello everyone,I have been flying in FSX for several months. PC hardware is excellent, and I'm suing the Saitek X-52. My keyboard is the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 (v2.0).Yesterday, during my descent into HPN after a very regular flight, I noticed some problems in the simulator. I have summarized them below:- F5-F8 no longer control the flaps (no function whatsoever)- F10 now lowers the flaps, mysteriously- F9, F11, and F12 no longer have any function, and I can't change the view- G key will not lower the landing gearThere are probably other problems that I have not specifically noticed. I have no idea what caused this to suddenly occur. There are no problems controlling the airplane, though I'm now stuck in "Locked Spot" mode.I spent some time in the "Control" settings, and everything appears to be correct. I reset to defaults to be safe, but nothing changed. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall FSX, but I'm still having the same issue.There must be something I've done wrong. Can anyone point out what it is? I can't wait to get back to flying.Thanks,jrosstx

Hi all!

It's been long since the last time I played FSX, however after refitting my computer with a brand new SSD and fresh install, I thought I could also upgrade from the boxed to the Steam version of FSX. I had already made a lot of research about the advantages (and disadvantages) of the latest version published by Dovetail, and bought it a few weeks ago. As obvious as it may sound, I had to have all my addon aircraft and scenery from nearly 7 years of simming into FSX:SE.

For the most addons, all runs fine, however, I've experienced a few issues with some of them, particularly Tom Ruth's aircraft (DC-10, L-1011, PA 320 series, etc). These aircraft form the backbone of the fleet I regularly fly with, and I really want to fly with no problems at all, but:

- When I press the SPACE+MOUSE binding, the mouse starts flickering between the crosshair and the pointer;
- When pressing CTRL+Y, SHIFT+(number), Y, O, ALT, the binding not always work, as if windows switched between FSX and another program, or desktop.

I've searched through the web and found out that disabling the Steam in-game overlay would solve the problem, which it did in most part, however I sporadically find myself in this problem again and again, particularly when switching from desktop to FSX. Maybe I am missing something here, and I know this can be solved, but I already posted this on Steam and got no response for almost a week... I've also heard that it may be something related to random keyboard language switching, but since the CTRL and SHIFT keys don't work I don't think so.

I have split you off into your own topic with the same title!  Necro-posting is frowned upon.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, charliearon said:

I have split you off into your own topic with the same title x8spedersapk! Necro-posting is frowned upon.

thank you 

Edited by jackaustin