Sign in to follow this  
markmco

Milviz 310: What am I missing with no checklists?

My checklist window is completely blank for all aircraft, so I suspect it will be the same with the 310.  Nobody else seems to have this problem or a way to fix it short of re-installing Windows (already tried deleting, re-installing FS) and then the sim.

- Question is, are the checklists interactive?  Would this mean I couldn't properly use the loading features of the aircraft?

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Have you checked they are on in the sim? Load the sim, once on the main menu go Options-Assistance Options-Piloting- Assisted Checklist

Once in the aircraft make sure it's also on in the overhead menu.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, markmco said:

Question is, are the checklists interactive?  Would this mean I couldn't properly use the loading features of the aircraft?

The ingame checklists aren't needed for anything, you can perfectly fly the plane (any plane!) without ever looking at them. They are there just for assistance and your convenience. They aren't needed to load or do anything. 

I found them in the manual. I printed it out. I prefer physical checklist rather than the e-checklist in sim.

Ciao!

38 minutes ago, briansommers said:

I found them in the manual. I printed it out. I prefer physical checklist rather than the e-checklist in sim.

I plan on doing that too. I wonder though which checklist is better: the ingame one or the manual one. There are quite a few differences between them.

I didn't even notice that.

I just took my first flight with it and didn't even use a checklist and was able to easily start it up and fly it around the pattern three times. I was surprised it went as well as it did. I really like it and will be using it to haul cargo in OnAir

Ciao!

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

I plan on doing that too. I wonder though which checklist is better: the ingame one or the manual one. There are quite a few differences between them.

The in-game checklists are slightly simplified compared to the more comprehensive official manufacturer printed checklists to save space...but nothing essential is missing from the in-game ones.  You won't go wrong with them, and they will show you where components are until you get used to the layout.

Edited by Dutch727
  • Like 2

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

50 minutes ago, Dutch727 said:

The in-game checklists are slightly simplified compared to the more comprehensive official manufacturer printed checklists to save space...but nothing essential is missing from the in-game ones.  You won't go wrong with them, and they will show you where components are until you get used to the layout.

Well, actually... the official checklist (nice to know it the official one!) was missing something which made me wonder what was the better list, haha! ;) The ingame list tells you to lean the mixture during taxi and the official list doesn't. Afaik (and as I saw in a video you linked to earlier today) leaning after engine start is a good thing to do in this plane. If I would only follow the printed list I wouldn't have known this. 

So... I am actually copying the ingame checklist (by manually typing every line...!) so I can print it LOL I like this slightly simplified list! ;) 

14 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Well, actually... the official checklist (nice to know it the official one!) was missing something which made me wonder what was the better list, haha! 😉 The ingame list tells you to lean the mixture during taxi and the official list doesn't. Afaik (and as I saw in a video you linked to earlier today) leaning after engine start is a good thing to do in this plane. If I would only follow the printed list I wouldn't have known this. 

So... I am actually copying the ingame checklist (by manually typing every line...!) so I can print it LOL I like this slightly simplified list! 😉

Leaning in many aircraft on 100LL is advisable to keep the plugs from fouling. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Leaning in many aircraft on 100LL is advisable to keep the plugs from fouling. 

I had to google 100LL but I know now that's avgas. ;) But anyway, good to know: it's odd this isn't in the official checklist then...

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

I had to google 100LL but I know now that's avgas. 😉 But anyway, good to know: it's odd this isn't in the official checklist then...

In the aircraft I flew in real life, I never saw that in any of the checklists. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Here is a typical checklist I was given several years ago by a friend I used to ride along with.  It was not his actual checklist but one he provided for my familiarization.  Unfortunately I can no longer go up with him as he had medical issues develop and sold his 310.

CHECKLIST FOR C-310B    
Walk Around   Engine-Start (left engine first)
1. remove control lock   1. mixture — FULL RICH
2. master on - check fuel gauges   2. prop — HIGH RPM
3. master off   3. open throttle 1/2 inch
4. remove rudder lock   4. ignition switches — ON
5. inspect elevator, rudder, trim, actuating bolts   5. clear prop
6. static source (baggage on right)   6. boost pumps — ON
7. aileron, tab, hinges   7. depress starter button
8. main fuel tank cap   8. if cold, use primer 1/2 sec at a time
9. auxiliary tank cap (battery on right)   9. + oil pressure (30 sec nml, 60 sec cold)
10. oil (min 9 qts)   10. disconnect external power source
11. landing gear tire & strut   11. radios — 6 ON
12. drain 2 oz from strainer, if + for water    
      drain tank sumps   Warm-up & Ground Test (while taxiing)
13. prop & spinner   1. both engine to 800-1000 RPM
14. oil filler cap   2. set fuel to cross-feed
15. cowl access doors secure   3. carb heat — ON (when extremely cold)
16. nose gear door, tire, strut   4. boost pumps — OFF to check engine
17. pitot tube open       pumps, then — ON
18. repeat 6 - 15 on left   5. RPM — 1700
    6. check engine instruments
Pre-Start   7. check generators — OFF, then ON noting voltage
1. adjust seat, fasten belts   8. set flight instruments
2. lock doors   9. check vacuum pumps
3. gear switch down        (thru vacuum source selector valve)
4. radios — 6 OFF   10. check magnetos (max 200 RPM drop)
5. generators — ON   11. check carb heat (note MP and RPM drop)
6. battery — ON   12. cycle prop till RPM drops to 1000
7. circuit breakers — IN   13. check oil pressure between 30-60 PSI
8. fuel quantity   14. set fuel to correct position
9. left selector — LEFT MAIN TANK    
10. right selector — RIGHT MAIN TANK   Before Take-Off or During Taxi
11. elevator trim — TAKE OFF   1. flight controls — free & correct
12. rudder trim — NEUTRAL   2. elevator trim — TAKE-OFF
13. aileron trim - NEUTRAL - confirm visually   3. rudder trim — NEUTRAL
14. altimeter & clock   4. aileron trim — NEUTRAL (visual check)
15. release parking brake, check brakes   5. carb heat — COLD
16. flight controls — FREE & CORRECT   6. props — HIGH RPM
17. Beacon — ON   7. boost pump — ON
18. night flight — check lights & flashlight   8. cabin door & window — closed & locked

Note: All Speed are Indicated (mph)   After Landing
Normal Take-Off (Vmc = 74 mph)   1. retract flaps
1. Flaps 0° - 15°   2. if gusty winds, nose wheel to extreme
3. rotate at 89 mph (Vsse)   left or right (when parking)
4. apply brakes   3. boost pumps — OFF
5. gear — UP   4. mixture — IDLE CUT OFF
6. accelerate to 114 mph (Vy)   5. ignition switches — OFF
7. retract flaps   6. other switches — OFF
8. boost pumps — OFF   7. control lock — INSTALL

Climb   Go-Around (Twin engine)
1. normal climb — speed 123-133 mph,   1. full throttle, RPM 2600
    MP 24, RPM 2450   2. landing gear — UP
2. maximum rate climb — throttle full,   3. flaps — retract to 15°
    RPM 2600, 112 mph (113 at 10,000 ft)   4. trim for climb
3. mixture — full RICH (if MP > 24)   5. flaps — retract when safe

Cruise   Important Speeds (True mph)
1. normal cruise — MP 23, RPM 2300   Vne 248                              never exceed
max cruise — MP 24, RPM 2450   Vno 200                              maximum cruise
2. trim after speed stable   Va 164                                 max maneuvering
3. lean each engine separately   Vfe 160                                max flaps 15°
4. adjust friction knob   Vfe 140                                max flaps >15°
    Vle 140                                max gear extension
Let Down   Vmc 80                                min control speed 
1. mixture — full RICH   Vsse 95                                min safe -  engine out 
2. reduce power to maintain cruising   Vyse 109                  best one engine angle of climb
speed   Vx 85 (15°)                          best angle of climb
3. steep let down, speed < 153 mph, flaps   Vy 121 (sea level)               best rate of climb
15°, or speed <133 mph & gear —   Vy 109 (15,000 ft)              best rate of climb
DOWN for steepest let down   Vs 84                                     clean stall
    Vso 74                                   dirty stall
Before Landing    
1. Right fuel selector — RIGHT MAIN   Indicated (IAS)  vs True (TAS) - mph
    Left fuel selector — LEFT MAIN   30            40
2. mixture — FULL RICH   54            60
3. <153 mph, flaps to 15° in 5° increments   74            80
4. carb heat — COLD   93          100
5. boost pumps — ON   113        120
6. <133 mph, gear — DOWN - check light   133        140
7. props — FORWARD   153        160
8. <133 mph, flaps as need to 45°   172        180
9. approach speed — 89 mph   191        200
    240        250
Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere