Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Remove static aircraft models from (payware) airport scenery

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Are you successfully using this one yourself with SU9?

I am, indeed. I just checked and it still works for me.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Will try to see if I can find some tutorial on how this can be done using the tool you suggest. I might spend some time on it if it's not too complicated and time-consuming. 

Will do the tutorial about exclusions within a handful of days and report you back once ready

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

I am, indeed. I just checked and it still works for me.

Wow, then I guess you should consider yourself lucky because below is what I see over at flightsim.to

spacer.png

When giving it another go myself despite this, below is the result. Please let me know if you spot any obvious mistakes on my part.

First, I placed the folder for the fix in the Community folder

spacer.png

Next, I launched MSFS and then exited out again to make sure I had the entry written to Content.xml and to make sure it was below the entry for FlyTampa EKCH as seen here...

spacer.png

...based on this instructions found on the fix page over at flightsim.to seen below

spacer.png

Yet, this is what I see when launching MSFS. As seen, static aircraft still very much visible I'm sorry to say

spacer.png

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, mamu82 said:

Will do the tutorial about exclusions within a handful of days and report you back once ready

Wow, that is very kind of you!!

I haven't had time to look into it yet. Just thinking it would be sad if you invest time and effort into putting a tutorial together if there already is one out there.

Richard Åsberg

35 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Yet, this is what I see when launching MSFS. As seen, static aircraft still very much visible I'm sorry to say

Richard,

The only obvious difference is that I have the Marketplace version of FT EKCH, whereas you seem to have bought it elsewhere since it resides in your Community folder? Now, as to why on earth that should make any difference - I haven't got a clue, sorry.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Richard,

The only obvious difference is that I have the Marketplace version of FT EKCH, whereas you seem to have bought it elsewhere since it resides in your Community folder? Now, as to why on earth that should make any difference - I haven't got a clue, sorry.

You're right, I bought it directly from FlyTampa and funny enough, the reason being I've seen people saying chances are bigger for quick fixes etc.

Guess I'll have to live with the static models for now.

Richard Åsberg