Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Panning stutters

I've been one of the few lucky ones who hasn't had mayor issues updating, in general my experience with updates has been quite satisfactory. With SU9 however, for some unknown reason panning has been an issue with micro stutters, only panning, otherwise the sim is solid and smooth, keeping 40fps in 99% of the time no matter how long I fly.

Anybody with the same issue?

I read somewhere that Asobo is working on quick fixes on some of the issues brought in with SU9, hopefully panning stutters will be addressed too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Same here, but I don’t know if it’s post SU9 or just how it’s always been for me honesty…

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

4 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I've been one of the few lucky ones who hasn't had mayor issues updating, in general my experience with updates has been quite satisfactory. With SU9 however, for some unknown reason panning has been an issue with micro stutters, only panning, otherwise the sim is solid and smooth, keeping 40fps in 99% of the time no matter how long I fly.

Anybody with the same issue?

I read somewhere that Asobo is working on quick fixes on some of the issues brought in with SU9, hopefully panning stutters will be addressed too.

You're not the only one with this issue.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

2 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

Same here, but I don’t know if it’s post SU9 or just how it’s always been for me honesty…

Did not have this issue before SU9, panning with TrackIr was very smooth, in my particular case SU9 changed that.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

May just need to dial back on a few settings.  I find LOD and render scale to be the biggest causes of stutters if they are set to high along with some addon sceneries.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

9 minutes ago, cianpars said:

ind LOD and render scale to be the biggest causes of stutters if they are set to high along with some addon sceneries.

LOD is at 100 both options, and its only when panning, otherwise cero stutters. 

Edited by CarlosF

TLOD, traffic of all types and glass refresh rate will hit the FPS if you're main thread limited. There are several others. I have skimmed over several forums and finally have it dialed in.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

The only thing that helped me with this was to set Vsync in the Nvidia settings to "Fast", cap the FPS to 30 (or whatever you prefer) and switch vsync ingame off.

No more stutters since then but this tends to hammer your GPU since fast vsync allows it to render unlimited FPS per second.

Maybe its worth a try.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

7 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

TLOD, traffic of all types and glass refresh rate will hit the FPS if you're main thread limited

This has not been an issue with my setup prior to SU9, same settings, including traffic 75% and glass refresh rate at High. Its something with SU9. Anyway, I Will play with settings just to see if makes a difference.

11 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

The only thing that helped me with this was to set Vsync in the Nvidia settings to "Fast", cap the FPS to 30 (or whatever you prefer) and switch vsync ingame off.

No more stutters since then but this tends to hammer your GPU since fast vsync allows it to render unlimited FPS per second.

Maybe its worth a try.

Thanks, but I've always use in-game vsync set to 20 with my monitor set to 120Hz, these two give me 40fps which in turn yields very smooth and fluid sim experience. Once you experience it, you just cant go back to 30pfs. Besides, the problem is not my settings as I did not have this issue prior to SU9. I remember having this same problem with past sim update but was fixed with SU8 I think, now with SU9 its back. 

Oh well, I guess I have to put up with it until Asobo comes out with a fix....hopefully!

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

LOD is at 100 both options, and its only when panning, otherwise cero stutters. 

hello.
In theory you should not change any setting because in the previous update, everything was fine for you.
How are you going to reduce the settings and the quality if the update is something that is done to make the simulator go better?
in my case, the same thing happens to me: stutters.
There is no other choice but to wait for them to realize that they have made a setback in softness or to put a candle to a saint.

33 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Thanks, but I've always use in-game vsync set to 20 with my monitor set to 120Hz, these two give me 40fps which in turn yields very smooth and fluid sim experience. Once you experience it, you just cant go back to 30pfs. Besides, the problem is not my settings as I did not have this issue prior to SU9. I remember having this same problem with past sim update but was fixed with SU8 I think, now with SU9 its back. 

Oh well, I guess I have to put up with it until Asobo comes out with a fix....hopefully!

I'll try your variant since i too have a TV capable of running 120Hz. But i am very happy with my setting aswell.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I also think that panning isn’t as smooth as it was prior to SU9.  Not horrible, but definitely not as buttery smooth as it was in most situations before. At least that’s my recollection. 

Just now, NismoRR said:

I also think that panning isn’t as smooth as it was prior to SU9.  Not horrible, but definitely not as buttery smooth as it was in most situations before. At least that’s my recollection. 

I totally agree.

39 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Likewise. I agree.