Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Panning stutters

I'd like to add that for me deinstalling the PG Cities as suggested in a thread earlier completely cured my stuttering issues. The Sim has never been so smooth even with 100% AIG traffic.

Might give it a try!

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks but isnt the penalty rather huge in terms of quality? I meen will i be back of P3D5.3 with MCE and ORBX TrueEarth?

Will give it a try

Michael Moe

Well yea but there is no other way right now until Asobo improves all these stutters...

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Like everybody else ,  the delete of photogrammetry Cities was a keeper here . 

Took the PMDG737 for a SWA1550 - KDEN-KMDW with a blast in performance not seen before.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Interesting, will give it a try just for the heck of it.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Just wondering how this is achieved? 

Regards 

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I know this has been asked already before but I don't remember the answwer:

Is the effect of uninstalling PG cities the same as turning PG off?

Or does uninstalling cure the stutters and PG off doesn't?

Edited by David_CSA

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks but isnt the penalty rather huge in terms of quality? I meen will i be back of P3D5.3 with MCE and ORBX TrueEarth?

Will give it a try

Michael Moe

Only really if the PG is good for the areas you fly.  Most of the PG I see in US cities just makes the buildings look like a nuclear wasteland.  The good thing is you can check the difference in quality in different areas because it only takes 30 seconds or so of loading time to turn on and off.

Ryan

On 5/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, CarlosF said:

Try deleting the DirectX Shader Cache by using the Disk Cleanup util.

Thank you for the tip, Carlos. Finally I had some time to give it a try.

Just reporting it didn't help in my case, I am afraid.

The stutters are nothing major as mentioned above. But since SU9 they are there and the latest patch didn't have any positive effect.

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

On 5/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, David_CSA said:

Just reporting it didn't help in my case, I am afraid.

It is a hit and miss in my case David, I did a few flights during the weekend, don't ask me how or why, but the stutters weren't there anymore, every single flight was quite fluid. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 5/9/2022 at 10:09 PM, somiller said:

Don't  know about the rest of you, but I was experiencing stuttering when panning with TrackiR, with scenery loading in the distance. Went into settings and noticed Offscreen Terrain Precaching had been reset to Medium...changed it to Ultra and all the panning issues were eliminated. I assume this setting was changed by SU9, along with all my Assistance settings, because I certainly never changed them.

THIS^^^ x 1,000,000

I've had really bad stutters when panning, the Fenix really started showing it up

I noticed offscreen precaching was "high" and I figured maybe setting to Ultra to make sure nothing/very little is being loaded when I panned might help, and the problem went away

possibly one of the few cases where going UP to ultra has a positive effect on performance if you have an adequate spec PC?

my specs;

Ryzen9 5950x, 64gb, RTX 3080ti, nvme/m2 for msfs

5 hours ago, EGLD said:

THIS^^^ x 1,000,000

I've had really bad stutters when panning, the Fenix really started showing it up

I noticed offscreen precaching was "high" and I figured maybe setting to Ultra to make sure nothing/very little is being loaded when I panned might help, and the problem went away

possibly one of the few cases where going UP to ultra has a positive effect on performance if you have an adequate spec PC?

my specs;

Ryzen9 5950x, 64gb, RTX 3080ti, nvme/m2 for msfs

Hi, I have similar specs (but 32gb and rtx 3090). Can you tell me your FPS at KLAX and KATL? I have issues when panning on those two.

Edited by ca_metal

the only way I can achieve a mostly stutter free experience is to keep terrain LOD and object LOD at 100 (the default for the "high-end" preset) and use one of the fractional vsync options to lock my sim to 40 fps. pre-caching, vector detail, buildings, trees/grass can be all ultra, but everything else high.

AI traffic (aircraft, airport ground traffic) and worker density can have a surprisingly big impact on frames/stuttering. i keep ground vehicles and worker density to 20 and let AIG Traffic Controller handle AI @ 50%. every other traffic setting is 0.

with these settings, it's a pretty much stutter-free experience, EXCEPT at one of the hand-crafted major airports like Atlanta or LAX with heavy AI traffic, in which case there was pretty much no setting i could change that was able to smooth it out.

9900k, 3080 Ti and 32gb ram btw.

Edited by molleh
  • Like 1