Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Heathrow recommendation please

Is there a particular version of Heathrow scenery that is recommended by P3v5 simmers?  I googled it and the one that comes up most frequently is the following:

Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional Scenery for P3D. It's by Simmarket. It costs around  $33 or so and if it's good, I will buy it.  I see that UK2000 has Heathrow that was developed in 2014 but supposedly is good for all versions of P3d.  Looking for a recommendation.

Stan

Edited by spilok

29 minutes ago, spilok said:

Is there a particular version of Heathrow scenery that is recommended by P3v5 simmers?  I googled it and the one that comes up most frequently is the following:

Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional Scenery for P3D. It's by Simmarket. It costs around  $33 or so and if it's good, I will buy it.  I see that UK2000 has Heathrow that was developed in 2014 but supposedly is good for all versions of P3d.  Looking for a recommendation.

Stan

Aerosoft no longer support P3D and in any case I would wait for a sale since it's on the high end price-wise.

I think ini builds are creating a new P3D version I would probably wait for that one.

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

iniBuilds is MSFS only. Aerosoft from SimMarket is the only P3D one that's even remotely up-to-date, as UK2000 is showing its age now.

Edited by jonesrob
  • Upvote 1

Rob Jones.

I own the Aerosoft/ Simwings version and it holds up very well. It supports v5. It's got my recommendation as the highest fidelity version available at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

What happened to the iniBuilds version for P3D?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, SimeonWilbury said:

I own the Aerosoft/ Simwings version and it holds up very well. It supports v5. It's got my recommendation as the highest fidelity version available at the moment.

Yes.  I assumed that this was the only one that was a viable option at this time.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Stan

Another vote for the Simwings EGLL. v5 compatible and good fps.

The only change I made was to the AFCAD to make the northern runway landing only and the southern one departure only. Just to assist with AIG Ai movements.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Typo corrected
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use the Aerosoft/SimWings Heathrow Professional version of the airport in P3Dv4.5HF2. It is more detailed than the UK2000 version, and it runs very well on my modest PC. Like Ray, I have the runways split for arrivals and departures.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

+1 For Simwings version available from Aerosoft based on what is available today.

In case you want to wait due to price of the Simwings version: I would also mention that there is apparently a P3D version of Iniscene's EGLL being developed, but no updates or information of when this scenery is likely to be released.This developer released a new version of EGLL for MSFS in Feb and has released 3 updates so far. Performance in MSFS was reportedly not spectacular and some textures reported being under par.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I have the UK2000 version but it seems to be so old...

Reading your comments made me want to commit sacrilege and buy the Aerosoft version (even if it won't be supported anymore because they want to force me to switch to MSFS but I DON'T WANT TO AND I'M NOT INTERESTED!!!!).

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

8 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I have the UK2000 version but it seems to be so old...

Reading your comments made me want to commit sacrilege and buy the Aerosoft version (even if it won't be supported anymore because they want to force me to switch to MSFS but I DON'T WANT TO AND I'M NOT INTERESTED!!!!).

Yep I'm on the fence with MSFS, I wonder now with the complex airliners released if it's getting any better.

Sorry a bit off topic

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I ordered, paid for, and downloaded EGLL from Simwings. I cannot install it because the SERIAL NUMBER was not sent.  I have received all the post purchase emails from Simwings but when I click on the link that supposedly has my serial number it just says...

PIN_NOT_AVAILABLE

My email indicates a successful purchase.  I have emailed Aerosoft because it indicated that they handled support problems. They emailed me back and said I should email Simviation...which I did.  They indicated I have to contact Simwings directly.  I cannot find any email address for Simwings support.

Very unusual.  I hope to get this solved, but it really is weird.  If you know how to contact Simwings support, I'd love to know.

Stan

@spilok, you cannot buy direct from SimWings. Only from their approved outlets - Aerosoft or SimMarket.

Which was it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@spilok, you cannot buy direct from SimWings. Only from their approved outlets - Aerosoft or SimMarket.

Which was it?

I bought it from SimShack!   Sorry.  

Stan

Edited by spilok