Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Heathrow recommendation please

Can you access the serial number from your SimMarket account orders page, or through the SimMarket app?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, spilok said:

I bought it from SimShack!   Sorry.  

Stan

Okay. Your contract is with them. Contact them and explain the problem. If they try to fob you off don’t accept it. They have a contractual obligation to supply you with a registration/ serial number.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Stan, if you purchased it from Simshack, as Ray suggest its them you will need to deal with.

FWIW - Simshack's web page indicates that if there are serial numbers of products (which is usually the case for Simwings -developed products) , you should be able to retrieve them from your Orders page - I assume each customer has their own Simshack account/profile.

Did you look there in the Orders page within your Account to see if the license key was listed?

Maybe this helps???

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, 787flyer said:

Stan, if you purchased it from Simshack, as Ray suggest its them you will need to deal with.

FWIW - Simshack's web page indicates that if there are serial numbers of products (which is usually the case for Simwings -developed products) , you should be able to retrieve them from your Orders page - I assume each customer has their own Simshack account/profile.

Did you look there in the Orders page within your Account to see if the license key was listed?

Maybe this helps???

It IS Simshack's page where the message appears regarding the PIN number.  There is no serial number on that page.  Yes. I do have an account there.  My download before Heathrow was Brandenberg Airport.  The serial number for that airport is still on the Simshack page.  So, it is only this download where the serial number is not listed.  It also says on this page the following:  SimShack is unable to provide technical support or assistance for using this product or any problems you may encounter after download. Please contact the developer directly using the following contact details (either email or web address).

Stan

21 minutes ago, spilok said:

It IS Simshack's page where the message appears regarding the PIN number.  There is no serial number on that page.  Yes. I do have an account there.  My download before Heathrow was Brandenberg Airport.  The serial number for that airport is still on the Simshack page.  So, it is only this download where the serial number is not listed.  It also says on this page the following:  SimShack is unable to provide technical support or assistance for using this product or any problems you may encounter after download. Please contact the developer directly using the following contact details (either email or web address).

Stan

Have you filed a support ticket with Simshack?

https://www.simshack.net/contact

2 hours ago, spilok said:

SimShack is unable to provide technical support or assistance for using this product or any problems you may encounter after download.

That does not include them providing you with the means to install the product. For that you need a serial number. They are responsible for providing that so don't be fobbed off by them Stan.

I'd recommend you use SimMarket or Aerosoft for any future purchases. These people have not covered themselves in glory with their handling of your problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, spilok said:

SimShack is unable to provide technical support or assistance for using this product or any problems you may encounter after download. Please contact the developer directly using the following contact details (either email or web address).

As @Ray Proudfoot says, don't let them fob you off.

Request a charge back from your credit card company or PayPal (if you used either of those purchase methods) if they continue to give you the run around.

In no jurisdiction (that I'm aware of) can a vendor sell you a faulty product and not give you recourse.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If you already have the UK2000 version of EGLL that apparently works in P3D5 is it worth investing in one of the others?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 5/10/2022 at 9:14 PM, Shomron said:

Yep I'm on the fence with MSFS, I wonder now with the complex airliners released if it's getting any better.

Sorry a bit off topic

Getting better, yes. The photogrammetry makes for much nicer visuals than landclass from lower altitudes.

It still lacks a lot though. The weather system is awful! AI are very buggy and require lots of workarounds. ATC is useless (much worse than default p3d).

Both PMDG and maddog are a thinned down version of their p3d counterpart (especially the former). In fact, the 737 is very much a port over of the 2014 NGX.

the brighter side of things is that both ASOBO and 3d party Devs are constantly working on improvements but in most aspects it still has a very long way to go. 

On 5/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, F737NG said:

As @Ray Proudfoot says, don't let them fob you off.

Request a charge back from your credit card company or PayPal (if you used either of those purchase methods) if they continue to give you the run around.

In no jurisdiction (that I'm aware of) can a vendor sell you a faulty product and not give you recourse.

OK.  Today, I filed a dispute regarding the charge for this product from Simshack.  My money will be credited.  Now, I'll buy Heathrow and all future products from SimMarket (with whom I've done most of my business in the past) or any other company than Simshack.

Stan

• Upvote 2

I bought and installed Heathrow (from Simmarket). I got a "beautiful Serial number too!  However, Heathrow is filled with big RED X's on every jetway and most planes.

I've never seen this before.  Anyone else have this?

Stan

27 minutes ago, spilok said:

However, Heathrow is filled with big RED X's on every jetway and most planes.

I've never seen this before.  Anyone else have this?

That’s a SODE issue. Each X represents a SODE object such as a jetway or windsock. Check your installation options. There’s an Options.exe file if I remember correctly in the EGLL\Scenery folder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s a SODE issue. Each X represents a SODE object such as a jetway or windsock. Check your installation options. There’s an Options.exe file if I remember correctly in the EGLL\Scenery folder.

The config exe in EGLL does allow for runways and lighting, etc. but nothing regarding SODE.  I'll keep looking.

Stan

58 minutes ago, spilok said:

The config exe in EGLL does allow for runways and lighting, etc. but nothing regarding SODE.  I'll keep looking.

Stan

My PC is off but I’ll check tomorrow unless someone else has the solution. Make sure SODE is installed and active.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather