Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Heathrow recommendation please

2 hours ago, spilok said:

I bought and installed Heathrow (from Simmarket). I got a "beautiful Serial number too!  However, Heathrow is filled with big RED X's on every jetway and most planes.

I've never seen this before.  Anyone else have this?

IIRC, if you choose SODE jetways during installation, you have to download them from Aerosoft's download section here.

If that doesn't fix it, like Ray says:

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Make sure SODE is installed and active.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 hours ago, brucewtb said:

If you already have the UK2000 version of EGLL that apparently works in P3D5 is it worth investing in one of the others?

Depends on a multiple of factors and personal choice, Bruce. Personally, I find the Aerosoft version to have better quality texturing and, in general, feel a more modern product than the UK2000 version.

That said, you may encounter performance problems with Aerosoft/Sim-wings' EGLL if your PC setup is average. Additionally, I don't feel that the full price is in any way justified in 2022. There are no PBR textures, the dynamic lighting from iniBuilds is infinitely better and there are no extra little details to make the scenery 'pop' that you receive from developers like Flightbeam or FlyTampa at a similar price point.

In all, Aerosoft/Sim-wings' EGLL feels like a 2017 scenery and UK2000's feels like one from 2014—which is exactly when they were originally created.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

IIRC, if you choose SODE jetways during installation, you have to download them from Aerosoft's download section here.

If that doesn't fix it, like Ray says:

I don't believe you get an option to CHOOSE SODE jetways during installation.

Stan

PROBLEM SOLVED.  No more Big Red X's!

I decided that it was indeed a SODE issue as Ray and others have said.  So, I went into C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml.  There was an xml file in there that belonged to an older Heathrow version (UK2000) I had purchased a few years back, but wasn't using.  I had actually deleted it from my system.  I still use UK2000 products like Manchester, Liverpool, Luton and London City, but I no longer wanted Heathrow...but something better.  When I purchased the Simwings version, I was impressed with it except for the red X's.  The UK2000 Heathrow xml was STILL in there.  I deleted it, and now everything looks beautiful without the X's.

Thanks for all your direction.

Stan

• Like 1