Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I have no idea what the frame rates are and I do not care.

No kidding! I remember back in the day when I was a kid and did not have the money for a proper setup, I had 8fps in the Simflyers KORD and I was happy! 🤣 I absolutely hate looking at fps, always did.

I also just had another amazing flight SEA-SFO, still shaky on final, but I'm getting there. At least this time I was able to start her up from cold and dark, I struggled yesterday. heh

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, solito said:

My first flight ended with a wonderful autolanding which I thought wasnt posible with any aircraft at MSFS for now

Should’ve tried the FBW 320 then. Perfect auto landings 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

My first flight was a stunning success! I departed from DD gate A9. The PMDG flags behind my airplane sitting on the ramp were flapping in the breeze, there were all kinds of vehicle and personnel traffic all over the place. Everything was silky smooth. I didn't preplan my taxi route and just took what ATC gave me. Big mistake. I'm pretty sure I left a scimitar and some wing paint on a hanger roof off the right side of taxiway B. Surely, there was a better route for a 737. Oh well.  After back taxiing the last couple hundred feet and making the U turn on rwy 16, I was up, up, and away. A beautiful and stutter free takeoff. The mountains below looked wonderful on the ascent. My destination was Denver. A perfectly normal, controlled VNAV descent from TOD via the FLATI3 STAR to a nearly perfect landing and rollout on 34L. Pulled her into gate B54 and shut her down.

That $21 I spent for KRNT was well worth it. I felt like the delivery captain for SWA picking her up at the plant. It was a very cool "delivery day" experience. Tomorrow, I'll relocate her to her new hub in Baltimore.

Is it just me, or are the joystick sensitivities that were just fine in the FBW way too sensitive for the PMDG 737? It feels too responsive and snappy for a piece of big iron.  

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

I assume that MSFS PMDG 737 pilots are not restricting their use of the amazingly detailed Drzewiecki Design KRNT Renton Municipal airport package to a single (delivery) flight? If I had that airport scenery, I would be flying there on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is it just me, or are the joystick sensitivities that were just fine in the FBW way too sensitive for the PMDG 737? It feels too responsive and snappy for a piece of big iron.

So funny! I bought the plane today along with the amazing KRNT from DD as well. I saw they were having a sale and I kind of wanted to mimic what you did with the idea of it being a "delivery flight". I also flew to KDEN lol! What a flight. The performance on this plane is unparalleled.  I haven't flown a PMDG 737 since FSX, so this was extra impressive for me. Lots of flying ahead on this bird, for sure!

It is a -700... the hot rod of the series after all ;).

It feels good to me through most of the envelopes, except for fishing around a bit on final... but I attribute that to the MSFS overdone wind and turb effects, and got pretty used to it after a few practice approaches.  It doesn't feel wrong exactly, just like you're flying in stronger winds and thermals than you should be! 

Andrew Crowley

14 hours ago, Mace said:

I need some 737 refresher training.  I haven't flown one of these in 20 years (POSKY or something even older than that maybe, and that was only about ten percent as systems-intensive) so last night was a real experience for me.

My initial impressions are that it hand-flies pretty well.  It feels decently heavy.  I did not set up my tiller control yet, need to do that.  I did get the landing gear working with my HC Bravo.  My flaps lever mapping wasn't working, so I had to click in the VC instead (ugh) -- will need to investigate that one too.

I use MSFS "headphone simulation" option, and the sounds seemed to not be working all that well.  I may need to check the docs about that...it could be that PMDG have set this airplane up to not use that.

Indeed - Please turn off Headphone simulation - the difference is night and day!

See here for all recommended sound settings!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/180056-no-sound-with-new-737

Edited by chiswick72
  • Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

4 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I've noticed this as well. First thing I noted was the rudder sensitivity. This persisted even after I increased dead zone and decreased sensitivity. Very quick to oversteer when taxiing. 

But also in flight it seems more "twitchy". During takeoff roll it's very easy to over-rotate. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

While not humorous, I find this funny.

The PMDG User to User Forum hasn't had a single new post since April 29th this year.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The HUD in VR is not correctly aligned. Could be titled forward a bit more. Hopefully PMDG will update it so we can move it further or closer instead of a fixed position.

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that MSFS PMDG 737 pilots are not restricting their use of the amazingly detailed Drzewiecki Design KRNT Renton Municipal airport package to a single (delivery) flight? If I had that airport scenery, I would be flying there on a regular basis.

This is my first Alaska delivery to Renton and i don't intend to stop there.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 hours ago, Booms said:

The HUD in VR is not correctly aligned. Could be titled forward a bit more. Hopefully PMDG will update it so we can move it further or closer instead of a fixed position.

It's also the same without VR, it's a known issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon

I don't know if anyone tried yet, but the save in flight feature is working really well, it will keep all the config, FMS data and flight modes engaged. It's nice for long flight in case of CTD and trying approaches over and over

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

It's also the same without VR, it's a known issue, hopefully it will get fixed soon

Yeap, it prevents me from using it for this reason.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

15 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

1. Never assume anything, Chris.

2. You don’t need to restrict your use of KRNT to a single flight, but please remember that there are only 31.5 Boeing 737’s made per month on average. That number has to be shared by all of us. So please limit yourself to 2-3 flights per month max.

Although I’m pretty sure that number is per sim platform.

As I think, from memory, you’re still on P3D v2.1, you and the other guy still flying that sim can probably split the 31.5 aircraft 50/50.

😉

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."