Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius2018

Traffic visible outside but not on the TCAS

From some version of PSX to this part the traffic is correctly displayed outside but not on the TCAS of my airplane, which retrieves it via SimConnect ().

Is there a PSX problem with Simconnect likely?

VATSIM and IVAO traffic visible on TCAS, traffic PSX not visible.

Edited by Sagittarius2018

What aircraft are you using? 

There are no problems with SimConnect. 

With Leonardo Maddog the PSXT was visible, actually not. I’m not sure what was changing. According Leonardo they did no changes. 

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

This is a P3d recorded clip.

That does not matter, it was only to show that it works, if the aircraft supports it.

Note that PSXseeconTraffci is different from VATSIM traffic. Aircraft from PSXT do not have a flightplan, they are aircraft objects. The aircraft software should scan in Simconnect for aircraft objects. Not all aircraft software does that apparently. But fortunately a lot do, as LittleNavMap.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Thank you Nico, will check this. 
btw. Is there anywhere a tool where I can make a readout which informations exactly will be injected by PSXT to compare it with Vatsim?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

btw. Is there anywhere a tool where I can make a readout which informations exactly will be injected by PSXT to compare it with Vatsim?

No there is not. However, it is very simple:

Aircraft are spawned with the SimConnect function: SimConnect_AICreateNonATCAircraft

and they get a position update 30 times per second with the SimConnect function:  SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject

I cannot change anything. It is the TCAS software in the custom aircraft that has to detect these objects.

• Like 1

@kiek I got this developer feedback.

BTW the correct function is not SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject(), but obviously SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObjectType(), which is the one the Maddog always used, requesting SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE_AIRCRAFT

Greetings Andrew Bowler

2 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

@kiek I got this developer feedback.

BTW the correct function is not SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject(), but obviously SimConnect_RequestDataOnSimObjectType(), which is the one the Maddog always used, requesting SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE_AIRCRAFT

Sorry but you don't understand the technical details apparently...

The SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject is used by me for setting the aircraft position (30 times per second), I did not say I was using that for retrieval.... .

I am using the same function as Maddog for getting info about all aircraft in the neighbourhood.

But maybe he is (now) filtering parked and taxing traffic from flying traffic by the squawk code. That - a squawk- is something that PSXT aircraft don't have (and never had since 2017...)

If he wants to filter he has to take ground speed for instance

Give him that info please.

Edited by kiek

Just curious (because it should not matter), do you guys have Add  from -> to checked?

10 hours ago, kiek said:

Just curious (because it should not matter), do you guys have Add  from -> to checked?

I have never activated that parameter (no check mark).

49 minutes ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

I have never activated that parameter (no check mark).

Give it a try, I'd say, Manual 9.3