Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Birds. Everywhere.

Yeah, I have them . They work well, show up frequently, and have no noticeable impact on frame rate. I would recommend them.

• Like 3

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Nice, I think I’ll r grab them for U.K. and Europe. I believe that this is something that could heighten immersion. Just need them to be able to collide with the plane engines eventually for total realism. 

I've got the whole Birds series, they indeed enhance immersion. One of my top 5 add-ons for MSFS together with Addons Linker, Navigraph Charts, Global AI ships and ATC Chatter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yep, I've got them all too. Nice thing is they feel quite subtle. Sort of thing you just notice occasionally and makes you realise you'd been missing something.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just picked them up for U.K. and Europe, Will try them this evening 

By all means tell how you like it.  Been seeing this add-on allot for various areas around the world and wondered does it add anything to the sim outside of bird strikes...😳

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Bird strikes? Are they solid models? If we hit them with the aircraft does damage happen?

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I have never hit one, but I have come close to a few, and seeing them rush past is indeed very similar to how it is in real life. I have also taxied past little flocks of pigeons gathered on the ramp and wondered if I was going to suck them into the engine... It is a really nice addition.

• Like 3

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I would get them if the variety of birds was bigger and especially, regionally different and season dependant.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:59 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just picked them up for U.K. and Europe, Will try them this evening 

What do you think, good?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Just now, alpha117 said:

What do you think, good?

Bought it, installed it, haven’t flied yet. Should get a chance to maybe test this coming week fingers crossed. Life is crazy busy until at least mid June my end

I picked these up for the US regions.  Very nice add on, they show up often and cool as you whiz by them on takeoffs and landings.  Have not encountered a strike, albeit I'm not sure that is even part of it.