Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

PMDG 737 frozen sim

Recommended Posts

No luck for me with this 737. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I click set departure on any airport. It starts to load and the blue line goes all the way to the end and just sits there. Locks it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First load can take some time. Even up to 30 min. 
 

But once that’s done, subsequent loads are normal. 
 

just sit there and let it load. Give it at least 45 min. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dark.

The first load for the 737 can take 10-30mins depending on PC specs.

 

It happens with all addon aircraft etc. Once you do the first any after are fast.

 

  • Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up. I've never experienced that with other aircraft. Even the Concord started fast but I imagine this is much more intense. I'll try it again in the morning. So you're saying when the blue load line reaches the end just let it sit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes just let it sit. If it doesn’t load after 30-40 min then you have an issue. 
 

on my machine (5600x, 32 GB, NVME, 3080 Ti) first load took about 15 min. After that it’s been normal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yes just let it sit. If it doesn’t load after 30-40 min then you have an issue. 
 

on my machine (5600x, 32 GB, NVME, 3080 Ti) first load took about 15 min. After that it’s been normal 

Ryzen 3700, AMD 5700XT and 32 GB as for me as well. Sounds like I'm in the same boat. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mroberts95 said:

Hi Dark.

The first load for the 737 can take 10-30mins depending on PC specs.

 

It happens with all addon aircraft etc. Once you do the first any after are fast.

 

Not all add-on aircraft, but add-on aircraft written in WASM have to be compiled by MSFS itself, the first time they are run. This includes the Aerosoft CRJ, the Leonardo Maddog and the new PMDG 737. It will also apply to the Fenix A320 whenever it releases. The more complex an aircraft is, (meaning the WASM source files are larger) the longer it takes. On my system, the CRJ takes about 10 minutes on first run, and the Maddog takes about 25 minutes. The 737 is probably more complex than either in terms of the amount of WASM code, so I would expect it would take as long (or longer) than the Maddog.

This long wait period only happens the first time you load a particular aircraft. Once the compiled files are created, subsequent loading is quick.

  • Like 7

Jim Barrett

Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic, Avionics, Electrical & Air Data Systems Specialist. Qualified on: Falcon 900, CRJ-200, Dornier 328-100, Hawker 850XP and 1000, Lear 35, 45, 55 and 60, Gulfstream IV and 550, Embraer 135, Beech Premiere and 400A, MD-80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

Ryzen 3700, AMD 5700XT and 32 GB as for me as well. Sounds like I'm in the same boat. Thanks again

Hardrive? HDD, SSD, NVMe, HD speed plays a role also.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took at least 20 minutes on my box before I was able to fly it. 


Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX2070S | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DarkMantle said:

No luck for me with this 737. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I click set departure on any airport. It starts to load and the blue line goes all the way to the end and just sits there. Locks it up. 

check this from PMDG: 

 


Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just have to wait 10-15 mins some patience could be helpful..

cheers 😉

  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0,  Asus Prime X299-A,  Now on a ASUS Prime X299 A II - reason; my X299 A died.. , 32 GB 3600-16 Trident Z64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Windows 10 V.1909 - Now on Win10 V.21H2, in use 3 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Not all add-on aircraft, but add-on aircraft written in WASM have to be compiled by MSFS itself, the first time they are run. This includes the Aerosoft CRJ, the Leonardo Maddog and the new PMDG 737. It will also apply to the Fenix A320 whenever it releases.

Heya, it doesn't actually apply to the Fenix - we will not have long loads at first launch. First load is the same as the all the others - snappy. 

  • Like 6

Aamir Thacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting! You are not using WASM? I assume  that the ProSim core is a stand-alone package that does not run as an in-sim process, but I thought that you would need WASM to drive the graphics at least. 


Jim Barrett

Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic, Avionics, Electrical & Air Data Systems Specialist. Qualified on: Falcon 900, CRJ-200, Dornier 328-100, Hawker 850XP and 1000, Lear 35, 45, 55 and 60, Gulfstream IV and 550, Embraer 135, Beech Premiere and 400A, MD-80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Interesting! You are not using WASM? I assume  that the ProSim core is a stand-alone package that does not run as an in-sim process, but I thought that you would need WASM to drive the graphics at least. 

WASM isn't for the graphics. As I understand it it is used to program the aircraft systems and more complex instruments such as the FMC etc.

Presumably as the ProSim is simulated external to the MSFS environment they don't use WASM.


Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...