Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

PMDG 737 --- Stunning

The PMDG is stunning. We now have a sim. Its so dang smooth. Lighting is simply ridiculous. No Studders.

• Like 24

Chris Chiozza

Agreed it's outstanding, on my system is the pest running plane period

• Like 5

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just bought it. Gotta go to work and play with the real things unfortunately, but a quick look confirmed that it looks pretty good. Good price too, pretty close to my guess.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We just need AI Traffic fixed in the sim and it's back to Airliner flying like the older sims.😎  I almost wish AI was addressed first with real world traffic and liveries present at airports before the release of the high end airliners but it is what it is.  PMDG's choice to release the -700 along with the BBJ was great.  With the BBJ I can avoid those major airports and fly corporate until Asobo and some amazing third party developer fully addresses AI.  The AI options we have now don't quite cut it but again the BBJ option here fills the niche!💯

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would love to know what the sounds are like.  The engine sounds were a bit weak on the one YouTube video I watched, but they may have been reduced a bit by the reviewer. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I would love to know what the sounds are like.  The engine sounds were a bit weak on the one YouTube video I watched, but they may have been reduced a bit by the reviewer. 

Fabio was showing some sounds from both internal and external views yesterday, esp the apu and engines etc... be sure to listen on a good set of headphones or speakers with bass capabilities: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1479378039?t=03h39m20s

Also, a PMDG developer posted some sound examples in this thread here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/618517-pmdg-737-release-next-week/?do=findComment&comment=4768033

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

12 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

be sure to listen on a good set of headphones or speakers with bass capabilities:

This is SO important! I was listening on the TV speakers first, but it is nothing compared the to headphone sound.

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

The flight model is the best thing I’ve ever flown in any sim including Xplane. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

The sounds are prefect.  As your sitting in the cockpit you shouldn't hear the engines as if you were sitting in the cabin over the wings.

• Like 6

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’m glad to read this… it’s where the rubber meets the road… VERY FEW deliver in this arena.

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

35 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Indeed... with properly flight-modelled aircraft like this PMDG 737, Milviz C310 and Maddog MD80, one begins to see the true potential of MSFS and its core flight-model/aerodynamics and the overall flight sim experience it provides.. something which is really just beginning to come into its own with future enhancements yet to come. Really looking forward to what the Fenix A320 also brings to the table!, and impatient for the long haulers like PMDG's 777/747 and FBW's A380 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

When you pan around to look out of the cockpit window, what is that increase in sound? I cannot tell what it is simulating engine, wind? 

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Wow, that's amazing.  When MSFS has planes with a better flight model than XPlane, that's progress for MSFS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'll say this, I somehow wasn't impressed with it when I watched all these previews and streams. Not until I fired it up on my box, on a 46" curved monitor, in Renton around early dusk time, then it hit me and I'm in love. They really did a good job with it!

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The Milviz C310 is another good example of excellent FDs. For me, better than anything I flew vertually in XP11.

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.