Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

PMDG 737 --- Stunning

I just took if for first flight from KSEA to CYVR.

My first impression is that it is superb!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The Milviz C310 is another good example of excellent FDs. For me, better than anything I flew vertually in XP11.

Wow, really? The Milviz 310 is better than anything you flew in XP11? I think the lead developer for Working Title, Matt, mentioned that MSFS's flight model is actually higher in resolution than XP (this is a rough paraprhase, I can find his exact comment if need be). But from my understanding, MSFS's flight model was new and not well understood by the 3rd party developers at the start.  I guess after almost 2 years, some 3rd party developers are understanding MSFS's flight model and capabilities much better, and are able to produce very good flight models in their planes.

It remind me of console games, like PS3 games, PS4 games, etc.  The best games are never the first games released for a console.  The best games for a console come at the very end of that console's lifecycle, when the developers figure out the fine details of that console, and how to push that console to its limit.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It remind me of console games, like PS3 games, PS4 games, etc.  The best games are never the first games released for a console.  The best games for a console come at the very end of that console's lifecycle, when the developers figure out the fine details of that console, and how to push that console to its limit.

This is so true. The early vs late differences can be so mindblowing that it's hard to believe it's the same hardware!

• Like 1

Great aircraft for sure...one thing I do wish is to get a louder wind sound when you are flying. You should be hearing the engines much during high speed flight. I do notice a slight decrease in frames from the flight deck like 3 to 4 frames compared to the FBW A320

• Like 2

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The flight model is the best thing I’ve ever flown in any sim including Xplane. 

How do you know that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I'll say this, I somehow wasn't impressed with it when I watched all these previews and streams. Not until I fired it up on my box, on a 46" curved monitor, in Renton around early dusk time, then it hit me and I'm in love. They really did a good job with it!

I have a similar sentiment and experience. I was just not overly excited with all the previews and streams. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I was enjoying the MV 310 and the JF BAe 146, both incredible MSFS aircraft in their own rights, but also just kept telling myself that I can wait awhile for the 737. Well, then it was released yesterday, I got it downloaded and installed and took off on a short flight last night from EGPH down to EGLC and was blown away. The PMDG 737 on my G9 Odyssey Ultra Wide Curved display was gorgeous, performed as smooth as any other aircraft on my system, and was a joy to fly. I can't wait to dive deeper into the systems. Also, talk about the sounds on a good set of speakers or headphones? You should try with some good speakers AND a Buttkicker...just plain surreal (btw, the PMDG DC-6 with the Buttkicker is as good soundwise). I have no complaints with this 737, and it is really fun to fly. 🙂 🙂

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

The Milviz C310 is another good example of excellent FDs. For me, better than anything I flew vertually in XP11.

I'm a passionate X-Plane fan and will defend that sim to my dying day 🙂 ... But.... I also have to admit that hand flying the C310, the 414 and even the newly FDE updated default C172s this week, I realized that some (not yet all) planes in MSFS are now giving me a more realistic perception of true flight, than I get in XP11.

The sense of motion and that the plane is moving through unstable air (even in calmish winds) from the C310 is just amazing.  XP11 had that sense when FSX/P3D really did feel like flying on rails.... but if anything, in XP11, some of the effects in this regard feel overdone;  eg.  gusts in XP11 are just ridiculous!  

As a skeptic of MSFS for the last 18 months, I can honestly say the future is very bright; and not just for eye candy scenery. 😎

Edited by JYW
  • Like 8

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

yep first flight tonight, test flight EGPH to EGCC currently en route absolutely lovely.  Need to unlearn my airbus (isms) though, two much FBW A320 recently!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Just finished my first flight... a great experience. I just love the Boeings and the 737 is one of the best.
PMDG did a very good job in regards to the "feeling". Now let's get the QOL-level out of the year 2008 and into the year 2022 (EFB, Simbrief, ACARS, GSX integration) - and this could very well end up the best addon for MSFS ever.

• Like 2

Just bare in mind that the MSFS Sound settings need to be setup correctly for optimal sound experience!  Especially the two settings related to Headphone simulation and Spatial Sound.

I also noticed a lot of videos which didn't have these settings, and hence the sounds didn't sound correct.

See here for the settings!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/180056-no-sound-with-new-737

Thanks!

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Side note: PMDG has a sense of humor

aa1ek5drwpy81.jpg

Can totally picture Rob at 2:30am singing to his 737 as he tests the latest dev build.    "You're the girl for me,  I need to make you mine,   8675309...."

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, Bill A said:

Great aircraft for sure...one thing I do wish is to get a louder wind sound when you are flying. You should be hearing the engines much during high speed flight. I do notice a slight decrease in frames from the flight deck like 3 to 4 frames compared to the FBW A320

I think FSRealistic is a great add-on for this kind of thing. I did my first flight with the 737 last night and was fiddling around with things during cruise and noticed when I turned off FSRealistic it seemed very quiet. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

In my XPlane days, 99% of the time I flew the amazing 737 Zibo, loved it and missed it. Now with PMDG's 737-700 I'm finally back in business. 

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 5/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, Bill A said:

Bill - Hmm - The wind sounds should be loud - please refer to my link in this post that takes you to the recommended sound settings for the best sound experience, especially the two config settings of Headphone Simulation and Spatial Sound = OFF.

We have FIVE different wind sound layers implemented in this aircraft!!!!! 

Now - if you followed my recommended settings and still you feel the wind sounds are not loud enough, then its a simple matter of turning down the "Engine", "Cockpit" and "Miscellaneous" MSFS sound sliders to relatively increase the wind sounds.  Btw, the wind sounds are linked to the "Environment" sound slider.

Edited by chiswick72
  • Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Just now, chiswick72 said:

Bill - Hmm - The wind sounds should be loud - please refer to my link in this post that takes you to the recommended sound settings for the best sound experience.

BIG congrats for the sounds, btw. They are excellent and very immersive. Thank you so much!

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"