Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

8 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

I have some problems with my NEW ( got it yesterday ) Honeycomb Bravo Trottles with the Gear up/down, anyone else ? 🤔

cheers 😉

I had the same question.. how well does PMDG 737 integrate with honeycomb alpha and bravo? do I need FSUIPC to map all the key bindings the way we used to in P3D.. I should be able to flick the fuel and hydraulic pumps and the GEN 1 & 2 ON with just my hardware and not the mouse.. that's the way I have it configured in P3D and XP11.. hope MSFS or FSUIPC7 offers that level of functionality.. I have hardware controls for just about everything including nose wheel tiller.. hope tiller axis is separate from rudder axis..

I definitely want to control all the lights with my hardware switches (on the alpha yoke) and not use the mouse like we did in 1998..

Edited by vin747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

also hope the flight load and save restores the full panel state like it does in P3D.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

PMDG has fallen way behind the curve in the past few years… no amount of polish can take away from that. My prediction is that after the initial excitement has worn off, more people will become vocal about the lack of certain features.

Nope, maybe save for some P3Ders the vast majority of MSFS users will happily keep using this aircraft while also enjoying the free enhancements to come during the next 2-3 months that addresses these lack of certain features and more. It is already pretty darn complete as it is, and all of the planned enhancements are features that were never in a PMDG 737 before (with the exception of weather radar due to core sim support coming late). 

The amount of P3Ders using this in MSFS (who feel it doesn't add much to what they already know) are far outnumbered by new users to the sim, and they're who PMDG are (and should be) catering to. In its initial state, PMDG's 737 brings to a sim platform (that is leagues ahead in world/weather/environmental/lighting/etc simulation) an aircraft that is immersive with very deep systems simulation and flight modelling, with much better visual modelling and sounds compared to the P3D version, not to mention the riddance of that flying-on-rails feeling in P3D. It is that *combination* which is very hard to beat and what all the excitement is about... dare I say, for me, it's probably the best 737 experience in a computer sim ever (and I've pretty much flown them all over the last 3+ decades)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

35 minutes ago, robert young said:

The most important facet of "immersion" is how an aircraft flies and whether its characteristics are believable, absorbing and have authenticity. 

I haven‘t necessarily found that to be true. Ever since I started flying the FSL A320 I have come to appreciate how important the features around the actual aircraft are for an immersive experience. It feels like I have actual passengers in the back that the cabin crew is making announcements for throughout the flight. Not to mention the ATSU implementation that interfaces perfectly with both simbrief and GSX. 

Look, I‘m not saying the NG3 or NGXu are bad aircraft. (I can only comment on the latter, which I still enjoy flying in P3D, and have even bought expansions for.) They just feel like „vintage“ to borrow that term from the OP. And when you say flight characteristics, try flying a demanding SID with tight turns and see how it goes. It‘s not fun. Even the old NGX from 2011 used to have this problem, and more than a decade later it still isn‘t fixed. And that, I think, is disappointing.

• Like 3

Do PMDG supply a comrehensive user manual for the B737 ?

Second request. Surely this is not a difficult and hard question to answer ??

or do you want to ignore my post again ??

3 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

They do, and a tutorial flight as well (altough for that, go to 737NG Driver on Youtube).

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

Simbrief integration is essential. PMDG is still living in 2014 while my FBW (and others) fly in 2022. Its EA and they have time until the -800 arrives to convince me its a finished product and not an EA like now

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

Flight plans and WX winds up loads. 

Very nice for a "EA."

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

46 minutes ago, thepilot said:

And when you say flight characteristics, try flying a demanding SID with tight turns and see how it goes. It‘s not fun. Even the old NGX from 2011 used to have this problem, and more than a decade later it still isn‘t fixed. And that, I think, is disappointing.

So is this really confirmed ?that during tight and complex Sid and STARS the plane still has trouble following with LNAV ? 

Edited by anthony500

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

I flew a SID out of KSJC last night that includes a climbing 180 degree turn after takeoff and it over shot the turn and busted the 250kt speed limit.  That’s a sample size of  1 for me but I was surprised it happened.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I flew a SID out of KSJC last night that includes a climbing 180 degree turn after takeoff and it over shot the turn and busted the 250kt speed limit.  That’s a sample size of  1 for me but I was surprised it happened.

It's the same as with all first releases of AddOns for Flightsims, none of them are probably bug-free, a first update will probably fix some things - at least I hope so !

( Would be nice they could fix this Gear up/down Issue with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle )

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Yes but this LNAV behavior in these complex sid and stars has apparently been a ongoing problem  since the old ngx and if this indeed hasn’t been fixed yet it’s disappointing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

3 hours ago, VBHB said:

The plane is as the same as the P3D version. Everyone's wetting themselves over it at the moment. I'm still waiting for the -800 which will be a more better product by then.

It's a 737. Did you buy it?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

Precision Manuals Development Group

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |