Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

There has been a lot posted about using Simbrief, but anyone know what, if anything, can be done with the flight plans set up in MSFS Scenario set up?

For instance a flight KDEN to KSEA, with an ILS approach into 34R.

With the BAE 146, I can pull that Dep/Arr & waypoint structure into the FMC with a few key strokes  and the aircraft will follow the flight plan.

Can the same be done with the 737 FMC?

T45

Edited by Treetops45

38 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

There has been a lot posted about using Simbrief, but anyone know what, if anything, can be done with the flight plans set up in MSFS Scenario set up?

With the BAE 146, I can pull that Dep/Arr & waypoint structure into the FMC with a few key strokes  and the aircraft will follow the flight plan.

T45

From what I've read, no, you can't use the sim's in built flight planner, you have to do it manually or or import from simbrief.

52 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

Just need to Down load the MSFS version of the SImbrief flight plan. 

Then on the world map DONT click on the gate/stand you want, use the drop down window. That works if you want to use MSFS ATC. 

But you cannot import from MSFS route  into the 73.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

Did the performance numbers seem pretty good?  I might have to dust off Topcat too.

All seemed reasonable.  It was 33 degrees C on a short runway so the recommended derates were pretty high but I got off the runway at a reduced thrust without crashing into anything so all good!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

sorry double post

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 5/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, rjack1282 said:

Another example of SID over shoot, KPHX ZEPER2:

hmm i just tried this SID and it didn't overshoot like that. maybe like a tiny bit but nothing like your vid. i wonder what is different? i was using the bbj and loaded at 140.7, climb 2 (same as yours) assumed thrust 40

puzzling

spacer.png

Edited by spesimen
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, spesimen said:

hmm i just tried this SID and it didn't overshoot like that. maybe like a tiny bit but nothing like your vid. i wonder what is different? i was using the bbj and loaded at 140.7, climb 2 (same as yours) assumed thrust 40

puzzling

I don't think it is puzzling. Look at the WIND. On your approach, you have a 7kt wind hitting you on the left nose.

Ryan's post shows him with a 39kt wind hitting him in the left rear quarter. In his video (on the still shot shown in his post), the curved thrust vector line is pointed directly at the next waypoint. If you imagine the plane rolling out of that turn to level flight where the turn ends, it looks like the wind would push the airplane right over it's intended waypoint. 

In the slow wind, it exactly tracks the line to the waypoint. In the higher wind, it needs to fudge to the left a little to compensate for the quartering tailwind so it ends up in the right spot. 

That being said, I'm sure there's room for improvement.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I don't think it is puzzling. Look at the WIND. On your approach, you have a 7kt wind hitting you on the left nose.

Ryan's post shows him with a 39kt wind hitting him in the left rear quarter.

aha! good eye, i didn't think to look at the wind until you mentioned it. interesting!

• Like 1

Not sure if it's MSFS or the 737, but I am constantly getting a CTD 60NM after my last save in flight, Anyone is having CTD after 3-4 hours flying this plane?

Edited by bendead

Is it not possible to create a flight plan in LittleNavMap and fly it with the B737 ?

Just now, Beagle12 said:

Is it not possible to create a flight plan in LittleNavMap and fly it with the B737 ?

I don't see why not, you should select format and folder to export

On 5/10/2022 at 8:31 PM, thepilot said:

Said simbrief integration, ACARS/CPDLC implementation, proper LNAV performance, smooth animations, automated playback of cabin announcements,… 

MMR unit, GLS, animated autonomous AI copilot, fuel sync to MSFS fuel, much more options (as in Zibo tablet).

7 hours ago, Greazer said:

animated autonomous AI copilot

I'm going to call it right now: this is going to be the next frontier for non-GA flightsim. A developer that can do this well (i.e. not like the X-Plane addon I've seen that has an animated copilot that looks RIDICULOUS), will have set the bar to meet.

This is the innovation piece, raising the bar, that has so far (all due respect to PMDG and others who are putting out good work) been rather notable for its absence when it comes to airliner addons for MSFS.

10 hours ago, bendead said:

Not sure if it's MSFS or the 737, but I am constantly getting a CTD 60NM after my last save in flight, Anyone is having CTD after 3-4 hours flying this plane?

I'm halfway through a 12 hour flight which I've saved and resumed several times now. No problems yet (touch wood).

[Edit]: 62 miles to my next step climb point, let's see if it keeps working, hehe. I reckon it should since I've let the plane fly for hundreds of miles after loading a flight before.

Edited by JSmith2112
  • Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

At first I thought it was hardware, overheating and such, but since every time I am reloading it will crash at the same position, it must be MSFS or addons. I will try to clean my community folder and try again.

• Like 1