Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

16 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

Or the ingame flight planner if they were wise enough to integrate it.

If using the in game plight planner to input the waypoints manually in the PMDG FMC will the flight plan be followed and directed by ATC?

This is the biggest issue for me right now as I’d rather have flight following and ATC instructions rather than pinpoint realistic real world flight plans…

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Please tell me that PMDG have not ignored Simbrief integration.  Its a fairly basic development essential for an airliner.

EDIT:  They haven't. It works

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

If using the in game plight planner to input the waypoints manually in the PMDG FMC will the flight plan be followed and directed by ATC?

My understanding is that in order to get ATC guidance / IFR clearance you need to both load the flight plan in MSFS before the flight, as well as import the simbrief flight plan in the FMS. 

Would be great eventually to have to option to only import PMDG flight plan and that it would also be active in MSFS ATC. Like in the Flybywire A320. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Had a small bug. The speed target bug was flickering up and down by ten knots in VNAV climb. It sorted itself out but it was a bug. How do I report it?

53 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Had a small bug. The speed target bug was flickering up and down by ten knots in VNAV climb. It sorted itself out but it was a bug. How do I report it?

I saw that bug on flightdeck2sims stream yesterday.  I think you have to open a support ticket to officially report it.

Ryan

3 hours ago, tfm said:

But then … they’ve spoiled it by leaving it as a clunky “find this file in one directory, find another directory, copy it over” piece of nonsense. Manually copying files is just a recipe for disaster:

If you can't find a file directory one time to set the simbrief downloader, without creating a disaster, maybe this hobby isn't for you?

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

If you can't find a file directory one time to set the simbrief downloader, without creating a disaster, maybe this hobby isn't for you?

Haha come on, that might have been ok in 2014, or for a freebie now, but it’s the wrong perspective for a premium add-on surely?

It should be “If you can’t write a bit of code to put the files in the right place transparently to the consumer, maybe the add-on business isn’t for you?”

Edited by tfm
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Nor sure where to post a request for a 737-700 livery, but if anyone can tackle:

Canadian North

https://canadiannorth.com/about/our-fleet/

It would be appreciated.

T45

I saw this one on flightsim.to today

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

51 minutes ago, tfm said:
2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Haha come on, that might have been ok in 2014, or for a freebie now, but it’s the wrong perspective for a premium add-on surely

It should be “If you can’t write a bit of code to put the files in the right place transparently to the consumer, maybe the add-on business isn’t for you?”

The directory has to be found ONCE.  Flight plan import then works fine.  For an overreaction to a minor niggle, see tfm.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The directory has to be found ONCE.  Flight plan import then works fine.  For an overreaction to a minor niggle, see tfm.

Hahaha and we know who to contact for an over-zealous defence of PMDG come what may 🙂 

and actually … you’re missing the point. “Flight import” lets you use the 737 more or less as was possible in FSX and P3D. That’s ok, as far as it goes. But we are now in 2022 and a much closer simulation of datalink is available - as demonstrated by a freeware aeroplane (FBW A320 neo).

So I don’t think it’s an over-reaction simply to call out PMDG, who are endlessly boasting about their supposed perfectionism, for this kind of issue.

As I said, it’s not a deal-breaker, but we deserve (and are paying for) better than “adequate”, from a producer who claims (in effect) to be selling us “the best in class”. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tfm said:
15 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Hahaha and we know who to contact for an over-zealous defence of PMDG come what may 🙂 

Where did I defend PMDG?  I just pointed out it is a minor niggle.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

25 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Where did I defend PMDG?  I just pointed out it is a minor niggle.

What a strange remark! You said I “overreacted”, when all I actually did was “react”. So whatever you may have thought you were doing, in fact your criticism of me is a defence of PMDG.

Anyway, not a productive line of discussion. Or enjoyable. 

42 minutes ago, tfm said:

As I said, it’s not a deal-breaker, but we deserve (and are paying for) better than “adequate”

The PMDG 737 is coded in C++/WASM (as I imagine they had 1M+ lines of established C++ code already) and as such _cannot_ make calls via the network at this time, thus this feature is presently not possible for them to implement, no matter how much they might want to. This is a limitation of the available sim APIs for that language stack, and is an area the MSFS team is working on.

Other airplanes with SimBrief download capabilities (CJ4, FBW) are coded in JavaScript where this API is already available and secured, which is why they exist there.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I saw this one on flightsim.to today

Thank you.

Missed it on 1st search.

T45