Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Where is the PMDG Flt plan Folder?

Using Simbrief to create a flight plan and weather data
In your SimBrief Downloader define an additional two folders pointing at <MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans under PMDG FLIGHTPLANS
and
<MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX under PMDG WIND UPLINK.
Make sure you check the tick mark next to the PMDG FLIGHTPLAN and PMDG WIND UPLINK entries.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 4

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

That's many good stuff !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Search for pmdg-aircraft 737 folder on your PC, then it's going to be inside of the Work folder. 

If you did not initialize the aircraft in the sim yet, these directories will not be created. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Holy Molly, its deep within its crevasse...

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Holy Molly, its deep within its crevasse...

C:\Users\cpgmm\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans

Glad you found it, Manny. Another easy way to locate that folder is to search via explorer for the file named placeholder.txt

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

This is driving me batty. I've not got the \xxxx\work\ directory at all under my PMDG-737 in the Community Folder.

The Placeholder.text file is in \pmdg-aircraft-737\config\flightplans but any Flight Plans I put there can't be found by the aircraft.

Selecting the Flt Plan Request soft key shows no entries at all. What the heck am I doing wrong?

You cannot use the directory in the Community folder.  It has to be similar to the following below.  Same for the WX folder.

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans

If you can't find that directory, search for placeholder.txt and make sure it is in the folder shown above, not the one in the community folder.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Thanks Viper, I was hoping it would be a simple user error like that. I'm just fuelling up this flight (manual Flight Plan entry!) and will sort it out after I've arrived in Zurich!

Cheers mate

• Like 1