Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

FSNavigator

HiDoes anybody have any news for FSNavigator 5?I wish that this version comes out soon.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Tired of waiting I bought FS Commander instead. The first impression wasn't the best, but after getting into it it turned out to fill the gap after FS Navigator! In fact there are things I even like better with it.Also I have FS Commander on a separate pc, connected through Wide FS. By placing both Active Sky and FS Commander on a separate pc I take some workload off the main pc, and besides it's incredibly convenient!So: if you have an old pc, laptop or Intel iMac, why not use it?Eagle

Guest troppo

I also use FSC8, no probs and no hurry to get FSNav when it comes out.

It's a pity that we have no news or an announcement even from the developers to tell us when to expect FSNav 5. Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest Hocking

Most people appear to have pretty much giving up on FSNavigator and have made the switch to FSCommander. FSNavigator was developed by one individual, and you just can't keep up with the add-on developers by yourself like some single-person developers used to be able to do with earlier versions of Flight Simulator. The software is getting more complicated, and the man power needed to build quality add-on programs is growing. In the long run, this is better for us all, but not so good for the smaller add-on developers trying to keep up. Fully staffed add-on developers are popping up that will start dominating the add-on market for Flight Simulator.Maybe the next FSNavigator will be released in the future sometime, but it will no longer be the dominant flight planner for Flight Simulator in my opinion. FSCommander will more than likely be the most widely held and used flight planner for FSX. People are simply not going to sit around and wait for a flight planner that they have no information about when another good flight planner is available and constantly getting new features added to it. I think FSNavigator is only the first small-guy developer to bite the dust and plenty more will follow over the next several months.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Just out of the blue, has anyone taken the time to figure out why FSN won't work on FSX? I've wondered but not tried to install it.Best, Clay

Could someone please post a few things that FSCommander does not do that FSNav used to do?I was a huge fan of FSN and now sorely miss it. Can FSC generate and export flight plans to FSX and most of a can you access FSC without leaving the sim (like the old F9 hotkey)?Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest thx1137

It looks good though complex but I only ever buy download products so I probably wont get it. When I want it I want it NOW! :-) That, and the only reason for not allowing download purchases is usually copy-protection which usually means having the CD in the drive. One of my pet hates! At the moment I still use FSBuild.

Guest FlyingBear

Below is a quote from the FS Navsite, Fingers crossed."FSNavigator version 5 is being developed, and is expected to be available mid-2007." CheersPete

Guest abulaafia

ditto. much prefer it over FSNavigator. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

These are the "Save as" options:FSC/FSRadar ContactSqualkboxOldSqualkboxNewPMDG 737PMDG 747IVAOLevelDIt is a separate program, not a module, so I don't know if it it runs while the sim is running. There is a setting somewhere in FSX where you can tell fs not to stop on task switch, but it has never worked for me in Vista. I think most people use FSC on a separate computer, which is extremely convenient. Do you have a laptop, old computer or intelMac at hand?Eagle

"FSNavigator version 5 is being developed, and is expected to be available mid-2007." There you are...let's be patient for just a little longer. This guy deserves some loyalty from our community.Mike

I am with you on the developer POV, he has done a tremendous job on the addictive Navigator.However, the default map is beyond stink, I simply do not fly at all whith this as the only option. FSX has been out for a looooong time, and I simply couldn't stretch my patience any longer. So I went out and looked for an alternative, and found one.This actually reminds me of my own professional situation. Right now I have two choices

Guest dpc

> FSX has been out for a>looooong time, and I simply couldn't stretch my patience any>longer. >>Eagle>:-lol I must just be getting old. Man, if the time that FSX has been out is a looooong time to you, you are way too much in a hurry. Take a trip to some islands or something. :-kewl