Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

iniBuilds A310 interesting tidbit

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Graphic visualization team? Wow they up to rough start LOL 

as the final "nice to have" merits,  the job description reads:
"...some basic understanding of engineering and flight dynamics is desired"

Flash the student-Pilot ID and you're in! (or just link to your instagram feed showing it off,  and don't forget hashtag #futureAirlineCaptain)

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

47 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Graphic visualization team? Wow they up to rough start LOL 

When your narrative is the important matter, one tend to be selective about what he reads eh? Despite actual proofs of actual uses for it's "only marketing hype" flight model. So to be more precise "plane maker" and "airfoil maker" are just graphics apps per your stand yeah? A way to twist it 😉

If all needed was graphics, they would probably go the unigine route, much better looking than p3d, x-plane or...MSFS.

Edited by mtaxp

4 hours ago, mtaxp said:

So you think  they use XP for the flight model??

Is that why they have added this note at the end of the document?

Also, some basic understanding of engineering and flight dynamics is desired.

yeah, looks like flight dynamics is REALLY important for that project. 😂 

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Lol I've noticed this NASA thing mentioned a lot by XP acolytes, and I suppose to give credit where it's due is probably because of XP's plane maker and other tools that are more approachable for the end-user to quickly prototype aircrafts? In any case, ya don't think it says much about anything but I guess the acolytes sure love to prop up whatever they can to try and convince the flight sim world that XP's flight model is the best-est ever-est, including some throwing around the term "engineering tool" a lot 🤣

Anyhow hope this is not another thread destined to derailment-ville, let's keep it focused on the iniBuilds A310 and getting our hands soon on the first high fidelity long hauler for MSFS!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Is the A300 coming, too?

Don‘t like the A310 too much, it‘s like its chubby unattractive brother. 😂 

From JustFlight i think. It should be great

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, espent said:

So you think  they use XP for the flight model??

Is that why they have added this note at the end of the document?

Also, some basic understanding of engineering and flight dynamics is desired.

yeah, looks like flight dynamics is REALLY important for that project. 😂 

There are multiple proofs of real world vehicles built using this simulator. It speaks for itself. Choosing to ignore it is your call not mine. 

It's impossible to discuss when the mindset around here is x vs y, so again i'll just leave it and you can believe what you want.

The question I have. Is when will it be released for msfs?  By year end?  I sure hope so

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

At NASA, Our motto is:

Anything will fly if you put a big enough explosion under it's butt.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

The question I have. Is when will it be released for msfs?  By year end?  I sure hope so

Dave from all what I'm reading inbetween the lines over on their discord, it sounds to me more like summer rather than end of year. Maybe even before SU10, but they might wait till after SU10 if too close to that timeframe.

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

26 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

There are multiple proofs of real world vehicles built using this simulator. It speaks for itself. Choosing to ignore it is your call not mine. 

It's impossible to discuss when the mindset around here is x vs y, so again i'll just leave it and you can believe what you want.

It is not "Strong knowledge is Required", it is basically "If you know Matlab that would be awesome, and btw if you know Trust and Drag you'll get not one, but two muffins on your first day".

Most likely someone on the project knows Xplane from previous and that is the reason why they picked it.

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

33 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Pretty sure this year 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

Is the A300 coming, too?

Don‘t like the A310 too much, it‘s like its chubby unattractive brother. 😂 

Yes.

I think IniBuilds was smart to bring the A310 first. Mainly because there is no long range high quality airliner for MSFS and assuming it will be released before the PMDG 777, it will be the first.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mtaxp said:

When your narrative is the important matter, one tend to be selective about what he reads eh? Despite actual proofs of actual uses for it's "only marketing hype" flight model. So to be more precise "plane maker" and "airfoil maker" are just graphics apps per your stand yeah? A way to twist it 😉

If all needed was graphics, they would probably go the unigine route, much better looking than p3d, x-plane or...MSFS.

You can't be serious? LOL I'm pretty sure they have program for kids with lego building spaceshuttle! LOL

Also please explain me if XP is so great what are you doing in MSFS forum? LOL

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

58 minutes ago, edu2703 said:

Yes.

I think IniBuilds was smart to bring the A310 first. Mainly because there is no long range high quality airliner for MSFS and assuming it will be released before the PMDG 777, it will be the first.

Might just be the aircraft that will make me install MSFS to see how it is (all the other ones on the horizon I already know from FSX or P3D) 😀 Ironically to relive the past with the American and Lufthansa A300. Very fond memories of the HNAC for FS9.

1 hour ago, espent said:

It is not "Strong knowledge is Required", it is basically "If you know Matlab that would be awesome, and btw if you know Trust and Drag you'll get not one, but two muffins on your first day".

Most likely someone on the project knows Xplane from previous and that is the reason why they picked it.

There are no vehicles built and tested for reality using x-plane, it's all a fraud by LR, you are right, keep it up! 🤣