Sign in to follow this  
ludekbrno

PMDG 737-700 cockpit views edit?

Hello, I just finished my first flight with this fantastic plane, everything works fine as expected, but I hate one small thing 🙂 I really dislike, if I change direct view to the left/right or closer to the panel or another else, that in addition to changing the direction of the camera view, the zoom will also change. This is very unreal compare to real head rotating or movement. When I move my own head, only direction of wiev will change, but my not angle of view, because my eyes can't zooming 🙂 So I want remove zooming with view direction change in PMDG cockpit. In older FSX there was aircraft.cfg for each plane, where I could edit parameters for every default view, including Zoom. I can't find something similar in MSFS for PMDG plane. Is it somewhere in MSFS too? Thanks!

Might want to take a look at the camera definitions in the cameras.cfg file in this directory:

\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

Save and Load Custom Camera (0-9) are configurable options in the controls camera section of the msfs menu.  From there you can set up to 10 custom camera views without having to play with config files.  Saving custom cameras are unique to each aircraft as well.

Edited by Gilandred
  • Like 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Thanks for the hints, but after few hours of researching camera.cfg parameters I am still not able change the default cockpit views. Basic front view is good and when I press and hold numpad 4 or 6 on keyboard, or move joystick hat to the left/right, view changes to desired direction, but allways with some unzoom. It is absolutely unreal and disruptive and if I tried overwrite many values with "zoom" parameters in this file, still without effect. So I think, that this default cockpit view must be defined somewhere else 😞

7 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Thanks for the hints, but after few hours of researching camera.cfg parameters I am still not able change the default cockpit views. Basic front view is good and when I press and hold numpad 4 or 6 on keyboard, or move joystick hat to the left/right, view changes to desired direction, but allways with some unzoom. It is absolutely unreal and disruptive and if I tried overwrite many values with "zoom" parameters in this file, still without effect. So I think, that this default cockpit view must be defined somewhere else 😞

Camera Settings MSFS

Here's a step by step:

1.  Go into Options > General > Camera (NOT the in-flight Camera Menu) and make absolutely sure that Height, Horizontal Position, and Zoom are set to 50!  These are the global values and if they're not set to default (50), all of your future custom views will not save correctly.  This is probably a bug because it's counter intuitive to apply global changes all over again when trying to save a view; but it is what it is.

2. In Options > Controls, search for the command "VFR Pilot View Save" and assign a key binding.  By default, this command is unassigned... I assigned it to Ctrl + Alt + V.

3. Make a note of your controller assignments for  "Reset Cockpit View".  Default is Left Ctrl + Spacebar and/or "F" (I also have it assigned to the trigger on my joystick).

4. Load the aircraft of your choice and use the translation, look, and zoom controls to position the camera exactly where you want it.  When you have what you want for a default view, press the "VFR Pilot View Save" binding assigned in step 2 (Ctrl + Alt + V in my case).  Now, every time you press the "Reset Cockpit View" button(s), it will go back to this view and will NOT alternate to other intermediate views with subsequent presses... yay!

5.  Now that you have a default view defined, custom cameras may also be saved the same way using the associated key bindings... default is Left Ctrl + Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9.  These views are recalled using the corresponding "Load Custom Camera #" commands... default is Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9 

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to set individualized default and custom views for each aircraft you own.

7. To save yourself a lot of pain... never, ever, EVER change the global settings in Options > General > Camera again... forget those settings even exist... they are evil !!!

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Sounds odd, not something I've noticed on PMDG or other MSFS Aircraft. 

I tend to set custom views on the numeric keypad, which works fine for me and still has PMDG views on CTRL+1 etc etc.... not noticed any zoom changes whether I use mouse, joystick or gamepad to pan and/or move around. Does it do the same if you use the mouse to "freelook" around ..... ?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Sounds odd, not something I've noticed on PMDG or other MSFS Aircraft. 

I tend to set custom views on the numeric keypad, which works fine for me and still has PMDG views on CTRL+1 etc etc.... not noticed any zoom changes whether I use mouse, joystick or gamepad to pan and/or move around. Does it do the same if you use the mouse to "freelook" around ..... ?

G

Yes, it is a very bad speciality of PMDG. This strange view zoom manipulations was in all previous PMDG737 version and I don't understand why. But in FSX/P3D there was possible fix it with a small parameters edit in aircraft.cfg Maybe in MSFS version too, but I can't find right parameter to change it.

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Camera Settings MSFS

Here's a step by step:

1.  Go into Options > General > Camera (NOT the in-flight Camera Menu) and make absolutely sure that Height, Horizontal Position, and Zoom are set to 50!  These are the global values and if they're not set to default (50), all of your future custom views will not save correctly.  This is probably a bug because it's counter intuitive to apply global changes all over again when trying to save a view; but it is what it is.

2. In Options > Controls, search for the command "VFR Pilot View Save" and assign a key binding.  By default, this command is unassigned... I assigned it to Ctrl + Alt + V.

3. Make a note of your controller assignments for  "Reset Cockpit View".  Default is Left Ctrl + Spacebar and/or "F" (I also have it assigned to the trigger on my joystick).

4. Load the aircraft of your choice and use the translation, look, and zoom controls to position the camera exactly where you want it.  When you have what you want for a default view, press the "VFR Pilot View Save" binding assigned in step 2 (Ctrl + Alt + V in my case).  Now, every time you press the "Reset Cockpit View" button(s), it will go back to this view and will NOT alternate to other intermediate views with subsequent presses... yay!

5.  Now that you have a default view defined, custom cameras may also be saved the same way using the associated key bindings... default is Left Ctrl + Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9.  These views are recalled using the corresponding "Load Custom Camera #" commands... default is Left Alt + Numpad 0 to 9 

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to set individualized default and custom views for each aircraft you own.

7. To save yourself a lot of pain... never, ever, EVER change the global settings in Options > General > Camera again... forget those settings even exist... they are evil !!!

Thanks to you, but I'm not sure, that it will works so simply, as default with joystick hat. I would like to replace default view controlled by hat with this custom views. So if I move and hold hat to left/right side, view should be change to one of custom views and when I release hat, view should by return to straihgt ahead. Is possible set it by this method?

9 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Thanks to you, but I'm not sure, that it will works so simply, as default with joystick hat. I would like to replace default view controlled by hat with this custom views. So if I move and hold hat to left/right side, view should be change to one of custom views and when I release hat, view should by return to straihgt ahead. Is possible set it by this method?

I don't think so, you have to assign a button to "Reset Cockpit View"

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I bought the BAe, but this is supposed to work for PMDG (it works for me in any plane in Community).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.