Sign in to follow this  
MatteoR

FSX Disk 2 not working

Good evening to everyone,
some years ago (2012) I have bough the retail disc version of "Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Deluxe Edition)".
I have used it since then and everything works fine on my pc.
Unfortunately, I need to reinstall it on my pc but an error occurs during the installation procedure. In particular, error 1305 stating that some files are not found in the DVD number 2.
Do you know a way to receive a replacement of such disk? Or maybe download the online version to be activated with the product key (which I have).
I hope some of you can help me in solving this issue.

Best regards,
Matteo

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! 😀   

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You just need Disk 1 to make the full install.

The rest will get downloaded from the Internet.

OI made an ISO of Disk 1 and mount it in my Win 11. I don't even have a DVD bay on my PC these days 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I went with the Steam Edition a year ago, don't miss the disc version one bit.  Just saying.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

You just need Disk 1 to make the full install.

The rest will get downloaded from the Internet.

OI made an ISO of Disk 1 and mount it in my Win 11. I don't even have a DVD bay on my PC these days 🙂

At some point during the installation, it asks me to insert Disk 2. What should I do?

As far as I know it needs disc #2 to complete the install.  Did you clean disc #2?  Are there any scratches to the surface?  I have heard that cleaning the disc surface with Brasso will help!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If you bought the disk version and have the binding key, you should be able to bind it to your xBox or Store account. 

After you bind you'll be able to install from the Internet, and only Disk1 will have to be used.

I only have Disk 1 and have installed MFS a few times already thorugh the Internet.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

As far as I know it needs disc #2 to complete the install.  Did you clean disc #2?  Are there any scratches to the surface?

Yes I have tried to clean it.
There are some small scratches actually.

Do you have any suggestions on how to bypass them?

Just now, jcomm said:

If you bought the disk version and have the binding key, you should be able to bind it to your xBox or Store account. 

After you bind you'll be able to install from the Internet, and only Disk1 will have to be used.

Can you please send me the proper link to be used?

Try the Brasso that I mentioned.  It can take out light surface marks and scratches.

Charlie Aron

Try the Brasso that I mentioned.  It can take out light surface marks and scratches.

Do you mean the Brasso Wadding for Metal?

1 minute ago, MatteoR said:

Do you mean the Brasso Wadding for Metal?

This is what I used.  It is a metal polish.  Non-abrasive, chemical cleaner and polish.

download.jpeg

Charlie Aron

This is what I used.  It is a metal polish.  Non-abrasive, chemical cleaner and polish.

download.jpeg

Ok thanks. 
And what about isopropyl alcohol?