Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Pmdg 737 thrust reversers

5 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I idle my throttles, push the toggle, and push the throttles forward to engage the reversers

I think this is the best option. It seems however that the "toggle reverse" option does absolutely nothing in the PMDG. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

this was helpful now got the reverser as well as gear working correctly....

has anyone figured out how to use the ground services yet?(assume there is some settings in the FMC) - I usually use the toolbar pushback app but this appear not to work with the PDMG?

8 minutes ago, mac44 said:

has anyone figured out how to use the ground services yet?

This is also different from the FBW A320. Make sure chocks are set for ground services to be available. It's possible to call for power supply, air supply, refuel truck, cabin cleaning, catering, baggage loading, passenger loading (jetway/stairs). Need to wait until the vehicles have "connected" properly before start fuel/baggage/passenger loading. It's all in the MCDU menu. 

Eventually it will be great to have all these function on a "flypad"/EFB. 

Also note that it seems that regular MSFS ground services seem to be disabled and that only the PMDG options are available. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is also different from the FBW A320. Make sure chocks are set for ground services to be available. It's possible to call for power supply, air supply, refuel truck, cabin cleaning, catering, baggage loading, passenger loading (jetway/stairs). Need to wait until the vehicles have "connected" properly before start fuel/baggage/passenger loading. It's all in the MCDU menu. 

Eventually it will be great to have all these function on a "flypad"/EFB. 

Also note that it seems that regular MSFS ground services seem to be disabled and that only the PMDG options are available. 

thanks for the reply!

1)so if MSFS ground services are disabled would assume maybe that's why the pushback app ground services do not work....?

2)so key seems to be setting chocks (where in the MCDU/FMC can you do this was unable to find an option or is there a default key? - usually just set the parking brake! ) - assume when checks are set some options for the ground services should appear on the same page of the MCDU/FMC?

Set chocks in same menu in FMC as fuel, ground power etc. Its on the menu main screen on the right side. Unless you set chocks lots of options are greyed out / unavailable.

I just tried assigning hold reverse thrust to my X56. When I assigned it, it showed I have about 10 buttons assigned to hold reverse thrust. I've never used this before so there is no reason any buttons would be assigned to it. So I click to remove them, the sim locks up and I have to close out with an alt+ctrl+del. Tried it again, same thing.

This sim is so messed up...

Decrease thrust (repeat when held) works using FSUIPC at a programmed button.  I am sure it will work as well on default MSFS button setup.  This is with the Honeycomb throttle.  Its not perfect because the reversers work even without pulling the reverse levers.  I have not figured out how to use these on the PMDG.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 5/10/2022 at 4:59 PM, ShawnG said:

It’s fiddly and I don’t like it.

I was the same way at first, but now I actually prefer it. The P3D method with the button mapped to throttle-down made it difficult to be precise about how much reverse thrust you were dialing in. The old MSFS method where you toggled reverse on and off made it tough to hit reverse quickly (necessary when trying to go full beta while landing turboprops in places like St. Baarts) and sometimes the sim missed the button press, which meant you thought you had toggled reverse, but instead found yourself at full forward thrust at just the wrong moment. 

The MSFS method lets you know 100% whether or not you're in reverse/beta throttle mode, and you can precisely control how much reverse you're applying. Works really well for the majority of controllers that don't have a beta/reverse range on the throttle.

The P3D method works perfectly with my PMDG 737NGX and 777. I activate the thrust reversers by pressing Button 2 on my CH Flightstick Pro joystick, and hold it down to increase the thrust. However, I do not have autobrakes enabled, which results in a smoother deceleration. I manually apply the brakes (by pressing and holding Button 1 on my joystick) when I disengage the thrust reversers at around 75 knots.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

At my CH throttle quadrant I mapped Throttle Decrease for each of the 4 throttle levers from the detent to the lower limit, and it works perfectly well.