Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

PMDG BBJ Range Seems Off

Just wondering if there's something on my end or is there something off with the fuel range of their BBJ.   The range of the BBJ with AUX tanks is 6,000nmi.  A flight from Atlanta to EGGW (Luton) is 3,646nmi. The PMDG BBJ tells me 'Not Enough Fuel' with AUX tanks fully loaded with the maximum tank choice option.  Basically, I can only get half the range of the real BBJ.  Is anyone else seeing this?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I want to say I saw something like this buried in the release thread.  Is there an option in the FMC to enable aux tanks for the BBJ?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Is there an option in the FMC to enable aux tanks for the BBJ?

Yes you have the options for either 1 or 2 front and 1 or 2 rear aux tanks in the FMC. So with 30 PAX 6000nm is the range.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

I am still trying to find in the fmc where to add the tanks.  The maximum fuel that can be added in Fuel is about 46ooo lb.

Harry Woodrow

6 hours ago, RW1 said:

Yes you have the options for either 1 or 2 front and 1 or 2 rear aux tanks in the FMC. So with 30 PAX 6000nm is the range.

can you tell me where in the fmc

Harry Woodrow

No means of getting wind data into/from the sim will make fuel planning for longer flights impossible.

Previously you would use PFPX/Simbrief + Active Sky for flight planning using the latest weather data and then import your flightplan and do a data request in sim to verify winds/expected fuel.

Edited by Antonov22

Kind Regards,

Peter

5 minutes ago, Antonov22 said:

No means of getting wind data into/from the sim will make fuel planning for longer flights impossible.

Previously you would use PFPX/Simbrief + Active Sky for flight planning using the latest weather data and then import your flightplan and do a data request in sim to verify winds/expected fuel.

See here:

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

2 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

See here:

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

34 minutes ago, harrry said:

can you tell me where in the fmc

On the FMC click on Menu > PMDG Setup > Aircraft > Equipment > Page 10 (Fuel) > AUX Fuel System > Turn this on and then you are given a number of options that you can configure.

DB79bac.png

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

10 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Disregard . Wrong reply

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Oh I don't need help - I was just showing Harry where you can enable this and configure to your needs 😛

Yea sorry. was replying to you instead of Harry. 

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I want to say I saw something like this buried in the release thread.  Is there an option in the FMC to enable aux tanks for the BBJ?

I've added the AUX tanks but it makes no difference in the range.  I found with the BBJ you have to add the fuel for all the tanks in the FMC.  There's fuel options that work different than setting fuel through the default menu.  When you set fuel full in the FMC you can see through the AUX gauge the AUX tanks are full.  Even with this the range is half what it should be to get from KFFC to EGGW.  The FMC states not enough fuel even though all tanks are full including the AUX tanks.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for this.  Just what I was looking for and must have scrolled over it many times,  The max for this is round 60000lbs  a bit lower than the maximum allowed but still very useful.  Problem is as stated there seems to be more to it than this.  You can after doing this go out to the map and adjust it in the fuel options but this is not the way  you add fuel to MDG planes.  

Well I guess the job is not done till the paperwork is done....and we could do with some....in fact a lot...of documentation if this is to keep its name as value..

Harry Woodrow