Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Manchester & Glasgow

Has anyone had any success with Seb's new photosceneries over at flightsim.to or is it just me?

With an RTX3070, 5600X and 32 GB RAM at 1440 rez they seem to bring my system to it's knees and contain purple areas where textures do not seem to be loading even at considerably reduced settings.

A shame for me as from what I have seen of them, they are visually excellent and I would love to be able to run them.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have downloaded the Glasgow scenary, but yet to use it. The only thing that puts me off these scenaries is exactly what you describe, a massive hit to the fps etc. I think the main issue is they are maybe not optimised, therefore causing the issue.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Yeah. Seb does say that he has run them through the optimiser, but even that doesn't seem to be enough.

I never had a problem with photosceneries at 1080 but at 1440 there are a few I can't seem to use any more, John Lovell's really nice Plymouth for one.

I hate to imagine how people are running them at 4k.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yeah, with a 2K monitor I can't even run the Swiss mesh sold in the marketplace (due to my modest PC). A few months ago I could, but the last 2 world updates killed the smoothness. I can't explain how a world update impacts frame rates at places not in that part of the world but the smoothness ended on the same day as the world update.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

23 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Yeah, with a 2K monitor I can't even run the Swiss mesh sold in the marketplace (due to my modest PC). A few months ago I could, but the last 2 world updates killed the smoothness. I can't explain how a world update impacts frame rates at places not in that part of the world but the smoothness ended on the same day as the world update.

Definitely an issue.  Whilst my framerate counter is often showing 30, 40 or even 50 fps, the framerate does appear to be lower than that.  The smoothness does appear to have gone.

Yeah, stutters. But only in the Swiss mesh on my system, and at the payware Heathrow (everybody gets stutters at that Heathrow payware, because the airport is so long and wide and dense). It must be the largest airport in the world!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.