Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

New update 1.25.9 is out

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

...and you use VR? As above, show a picture of the toolbar windows ATC, weather etc

No I don't use VR, guess I didn't follow the thread. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Did you by any chance test this yet Dave to see if the issue is sorted?

I departed KMDW about two hours ago with AIG traffic which would normally result in a quick death for ATC transmissions given how busy the Chicago area is.  I’m now approaching the TOD into Albuquerque and all is working, so far so good!  Haven’t lost Azure voices or all audio.  

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, FlyAndFight said:

That actually had me laughing out loud!   "Elephant Invasion" and in London Heathrow, no less...

Little known fact...the London elephants were brought by Hannibal when he crossed the channel on his way to capture Liverpool. Two bulls escaped his army and the rest is history!

I just quickly loaded up the pmdg at YSSY before I left the house, performance seems better on the ground…didn’t stutter much while panning as it usually does, not much testing done but did seem ok. Will report after further testing. Community folder empty before update and content.xml deleted before launch. 

Performance test with 1.25.9.0:

Static on ramp at KSFO in the stock C172, neither AIG nor ship traffic, high level clouds, 2D screen. No scenery addons active. Usually, I fly in VR but that's my longtime testbed (from FSX over P3D to MSFS).

13 fps. I can't believe it. This was ~ 28 fps until the first SU9 beta.

This figure jumped to 30-33 fps as soon as the tires left the runway. That's the exact behavior I keep seeing since SU9 beta, which I reported on the official forum, was confirmed by others and marked as "bug-logged".

I didn't check yet but I'm sure it's the mainthread being exhausted again. I already knew what to expect when I saw the jittery airport screens before pressing Fly Now.

This doesn't apply to all airports, I took off from several European hubs in SU9 normally, also some Bahama airfields were fine. 

contents.xml rebuilt as always.

Despite, I learnt something new from @ttbq1. Starting as an admin brought fps  on ground to ~20. This doesn't solve the bug as I got the 28 fps on ground before without admin launch, but it's certainly a good performance boost. Thanks for that hint.

I'm getting tired but I'll report on the official forum - again.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

13 fps. I can't believe it. This was ~ 28 fps until the first SU9 beta.

This figure jumped to 30-33 fps as soon as the tires left the runway. That's the exact behavior I keep seeing since SU9 beta, which I reported on the official forum, was confirmed by others and marked as "bug-logged".

I didn't check yet but I'm sure it's the mainthread being exhausted again. I already knew what to expect when I saw the jittery airport screens before pressing Fly Now.

This doesn't apply to all airports, I took off from several European hubs in SU9 normally, also some Bahama airfields were fine. 

This has been my experience and the inconsistency is pretty frustrating. Seems to be pot-luck over which airports are affected.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Show me a picture of the toolbar windows when you first open them (ATC, weather etc) and we'll see if they are "fine"....edit: or are you being facetious? 😄

Sorry, but the VR toolbar looks fine to me. This is upon opening it the first time after switching to VR:

20220512013306_1.thumb.jpg.b5fe2a915128e7b9644932ff080087da.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the screenshot function of the OpenXR toolkit to work, so this is a straight shot from the 2D screen.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I haven't been using the sim much these last few weeks, so I'm not sure if I'd flown since SU9 before this last weekend. I have just gone and bought myself a 3090ti, and when taking out the Titan had a bit of a problem removing the card and ended up buying a new (identical) mobo as I was worried I might have cracked the original.

I have just installed everything today and on a first trial this evening I tried KJFK, KORD and EGLL and in each case I was lucky to get 20fps on the ground. And not that much better once I got going, maybe 28-45 until I got up quite high.

OK, I need to triple check my setup all the way from the BIOS though Windows as well as MSFS but this is not exactly what I was hoping to get out of a 3090ti, for sure! I am a major fan of MSFS, and I don't want to launch in to one of those rants that sometimes get going on here, but I have to say the sim has not yet got back to the sort of vibe I was getting (not to mention the LODs and smoothness) back before SU5, I think it was.

Oh well, c'est la vie. Or something.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

3 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

I haven't been using the sim much these last few weeks, so I'm not sure if I'd flown since SU9 before this last weekend. I have just gone and bought myself a 3090ti, and when taking out the Titan had a bit of a problem removing the card and ended up buying a new (identical) mobo as I was worried I might have cracked the original.

I have just installed everything today and on a first trial this evening I tried KJFK, KORD and EGLL and in each case I was lucky to get 20fps on the ground. And not that much better once I got going, maybe 28-45 until I got up quite high.

OK, I need to triple check my setup all the way from the BIOS though Windows as well as MSFS but this is not exactly what I was hoping to get out of a 3090ti, for sure! I am a major fan of MSFS, and I don't want to launch in to one of those rants that sometimes get going on here, but I have to say the sim has not yet got back to the sort of vibe I was getting (not to mention the LODs and smoothness) back before SU5, I think it was.

Turn Terrain LOD down to 100 (leave everything else maxxed) and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

James

Just now, Phantoms said:

Turn Terrain LOD down to 100 (leave everything else maxxed) and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for that James, I'll try that tomorrow (I'm done for the day now)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

53 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Try this...go into your bios and set everything to "default" and report back....Good Luck

2 CTD's so far! I bought YSSY Sydney and YAYE Alice Springs this morning in the ORBX 737 sale and installed then along with the freeware Renton airport scenery from flightsim.to. I fired up my sim and realised there had been an update. I selected my Grumman Widgeon and the longest runway in YSSY and got a CTD. Restarted and tried YAYE in a stock aircraft and it worked perfectly. Using the same stock aircraft I went to the shortest runway in YSSY and it seemed to work although no on screen guages appeared in external view. When I stopped my flight to check out Renton I got another CTD. I do not know if this is a problem with ORBX YSSY and the latest update or maybe a conflict with their Sydney Landmarks that I also have or what but I am going to get the add on manager mentioned on this thread and disable stuff until stability is restored. 

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

but I have to say the sim has not yet got back to the sort of vibe I was getting (not to mention the LODs and smoothness) back before SU5, I think it was.

I'm afraid for me, it's never been the same since SU5. I really wish it was like it was then, it was such a joy to fly. Now it's like meh. The clouds are so bad compared to before SU5 and often ruin the look of the sim. Pretty sure draw distances are much lower too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can someone confirm if there was the in sim update or just the application got updated? My version seems accurate, but no update during start up.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have offloaded the ORBX YSSY that I bought this morning and everything works fine now with no CTD's.