Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

New update 1.25.9 is out

1 hour ago, AOB said:

I have offloaded the ORBX YSSY that I bought this morning and everything works fine now with no CTD's.

Make sure you disable the ASOBO YSSY in your content manager in the sim, so uninstall that one so you only have Flytampas YSSY. Orbx is the supplier FLYTAMPA is the developer of that airport. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Performance test with 1.25.9.0:

Static on ramp at KSFO in the stock C172, neither AIG nor ship traffic, high level clouds, 2D screen. No scenery addons active. Usually, I fly in VR but that's my longtime testbed (from FSX over P3D to MSFS).

13 fps. I can't believe it. This was ~ 28 fps until the first SU9 beta.

This figure jumped to 30-33 fps as soon as the tires left the runway. That's the exact behavior I keep seeing since SU9 beta, which I reported on the official forum, was confirmed by others and marked as "bug-logged".

I didn't check yet but I'm sure it's the mainthread being exhausted again. I already knew what to expect when I saw the jittery airport screens before pressing Fly Now.

This doesn't apply to all airports, I took off from several European hubs in SU9 normally, also some Bahama airfields were fine. 

contents.xml rebuilt as always.

Despite, I learnt something new from @ttbq1. Starting as an admin brought fps  on ground to ~20. This doesn't solve the bug as I got the 28 fps on ground before without admin launch, but it's certainly a good performance boost. Thanks for that hint.

I'm getting tired but I'll report on the official forum - again.

Kind regards, Michael

I went to KSFO in the 152 28.5 fps. Used Devmode and switched to C172 (glass display version). 12 fps as to be expected until I close the Select Aircraft window, then fps goes back to 28.5 again.

That all seems normal.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Sorry, but the VR toolbar looks fine to me. This is upon opening it the first time after switching to VR:

20220512013306_1.thumb.jpg.b5fe2a915128e7b9644932ff080087da.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the screenshot function of the OpenXR toolkit to work, so this is a straight shot from the 2D screen.

Kind regards, Michael

You've not opened any windows as described in my post, do that and then take a picture please 👍🏽🙂

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thank you Ridvan Celik. Disabling Asobo YSSY did indeed solve my problem. Now flying the Fly Tampa version with no CTD issues.

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

You've not opened any windows as described in my post, do that and then take a picture please 👍🏽🙂

Ah, this was not clear, but I guess I know what you mean now: If you open, say, a map it's only displayed in half. You have to rescale it to display it in full. I didn't try this after the latest hotfix yet but wouldn't be surprised if that bug still survived.😟

I see a couple of more annoyances in VR: One is the dreaded double-curser occuring in certain places only when pointing somewhere on the panel (one being the digital clock in the steam C172). I'm still not sure if this is something which can be corrected via settings (world-size/IPD?), though. Another one is the cursor being sluggish in VR in general.

So I agree, there are some long-standing issues in VR which should be resolved ASAP.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

I went to KSFO in the 152 28.5 fps. Used Devmode and switched to C172 (glass display version). 12 fps as to be expected until I close the Select Aircraft window, then fps goes back to 28.5 again.

That all seems normal.

This makes me think but, maybe, you just happen to have a better system than me. My observation is the drop of fps on the same system and using the same settings at a definite point, i.e. with the first SU9beta.

However, this was with the Steam C172, I'll check with the glass C172 later. I didn't use the Dev Mode in this connection at all.

Anyway, thanks for the report. There are so many parameters, this may be well something specific to my system/settings.

Kind regrads, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I just went through the hotfix thread on the official forum. Results on performance are highly inconsistent. There are reports on continuously high performance during all SU8/9/HF (as @Fielder reports), even improved performance after the hotfix, as well as degraded performance, notably on ground, since SU9 and still persistent after the HF (like in my case), all in multitude.

I have difficulty to get a clear image at this point.

Kind regards, Michael

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

continuously high performance during all SU8/9/HF

glad I am in that group, all fine. maybe just lucky but won't complain

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Yes, bugs as it was. Shame for Asobo VR team 😞 .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, DAD said:

glad I am in that group, all fine. maybe just lucky but won't complain

It's not that I have bad performance in general, just to the contrary. I can fly with 30 fps over a stunning looking San Francisco which I was unable to achieve in any previous simulator. It's just the degraded ground performance on some selected airports after SU9 which bugs me.

Kind regards, Michael

I think the issue has to do with programs in the background, because where I used to be gpu limited, now it's main thread limited. Something is eating up cpu power after SU9. It does not show up on some systems as a problem because they have cpu headroom. Maybe, all this is just a guess.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I just went through the hotfix thread on the official forum. Results on performance are highly inconsistent. There are reports on continuously high performance during all SU8/9/HF (as @Fielder reports), even improved performance after the hotfix, as well as degraded performance, notably on ground, since SU9 and still persistent after the HF (like in my case), all in multitude.

I have difficulty to get a clear image at this point.

Kind regards, Michael

When the SU9 was dropped, I had/have the exact same experience that you have, Paul.  I also had 28-30 FPS on the ground, at taxi...but now at those same airports....12-15 FPS.  Within 500 feet off the ground, wham bam, 30 FPS.  It seems to be a Main Thread issue, ( can watch the Main Thread Bar be full red, to red/yellow at taxi...and then at around 500 feet off the ground...and leaving (obviously) the airport behind, the Main Thread goes from red/yellow, to full yellow, and then to green.  Always...so something is conflicting when on the ground at airports, using SU9 that is within the realm of running on the Main Thread pipeline.  Check this out yourself and you will see the exact same thing regarding the 'load' pressure upon the Main Thread pipeline...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Always...so something is conflicting when on the ground at airports, using SU9 that is within the realm of running on the Main Thread pipeline.  Check this out yourself and you will see the exact same thing regarding the 'load' pressure upon the Main Thread pipeline...

I already checked this and you are completely right. There are long threads on the official forum confirming this. Next comes the question will Asobo ever be able to isolate and correct it?

Kind regards, Michael

8 minutes ago, pmb said:

I already checked this and you are completely right. There are long threads on the official forum confirming this. Next comes the question will Asobo ever be able to isolate and correct it?

Kind regards, Michael

Guys, humor me and try something for me.  When on the ground, toggle all the planes lights on and off by pressing "L" on the keyboard.  For me, when I turn the lights on, my GPU usage goes up 6% and I lose 5 FPS.  Is this normal?  I just noticed this after the hot fix.  I have only tried it with the C414 and the Baron 58.

11 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Turn Terrain LOD down to 100 (leave everything else maxxed) and see if that fixes it.

Yup, 3090 here and this is what I have had to do.