Sign in to follow this  
John Miller

Reverb G2 Support with MCE

Is there a way to get the MCE Config file to support the Reverb G2 VR Headset?  I have tried the "Assign Sound Device" but the window never opens.

Thanks,

John

18 hours ago, John Miller said:

Is there a way to get the MCE Config file to support the Reverb G2 VR Headset?  I have tried the "Assign Sound Device" but the window never opens.

Thanks,

John

There is no configuration required other than to run Start->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device to ensure speech goes through the VR mike (if any) and FO audio out comes out of VR headet output.

MCE won't display in VR mode.

You need to run in non-VR mode initially in order to understand how the app works.

Then set your preferences in the UI and you won't need the latter until you want to change co-pilot voice, ATC system or things like that. You aren't expected to stare at the UI when flying.

MCE is a "fully interactive crew simulation", not a voice activated button. Your voice runs the show.

Ask the FO what you want, when you want and even using custom speech if you want.

There is no protocol to follow, like start in cold and dark, keep your mouth shut, wait until you hear this, then speak this exact phrase (and only this one) before anything else happens.

By default, pre-made flows are "verbose" (FO comments on everything he does). You can turn them into silent execution by switching that option off for each flow.

By default FO flips all the switches. It's up to you to modify the flows so you can remove the stuff you'd rather handle yourself,

If you can't be bothered to memorize the trigger sentences for the various flows, rename them to something that comes to you naturally and the new names become the trigger sentences.

Thanks Gerald,

I would just like to follow up that I have the program working in VR as you described above.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, John Miller said:

Thanks Gerald,

I would just like to follow up that I have the program working in VR as you described above.

Cheers,

John

Any chance you can tell me how you did this? I'm trying to do exactly the same thing...

When I run the Assign Sound Device program and have the Reverb G2/WMR already running, the sound wizard drops to the tray and the drop-down dialog box to choose the sound and mic does not display at all...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:21 AM, FS++ said:

You need to run in non-VR mode initially in order to understand how the app works.

Is this the key sentence to allow the Assign Sound Device window to open?

In other words, start WMR, and then start MSFS 2020 but do not activate VR (CTRL+TAB or assigned yoke switch)?

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Is this the key sentence to allow the Assign Sound Device window to open?

In other words, start WMR, and then start MSFS 2020 but do not activate VR (CTRL+TAB or assigned yoke switch)?

The thing to keep in mind, MCE and the wizard won't show up whn immersed in VR.

Therefore, device assignment and MCE preferences must be adjusted in Window mode.

Plug your headgear and run "Assign sound device" tool.

The other option is to set the headgear mike as the default Windows mike.

Since you don't need to stare at MCE UI when flying, and flight phase is worked out automatically, all you need is FO executing your tasks, be it the ones we pre-made or new ones you may want to get him tio learn.

Edited by FS++

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to express how excited I am about MCE. When the software works, it's a sublime experience to use with MSFS and Virtual Reality (HP Reverb G2).

Unfortunately, now comes the but:

I'm having significant problems with the MSFS ATC. Everything starts correctly at first. I can talk to the co-pilot as well as the ATC. When I'm in the air and after a while the ATC stops responding to my voice but can still talk to the co-pilot.

If I say "confirm Callsign" it is played back correctly.

Now I ask the co-pilot to answer the ATC. He also communicates with this, but the ATC does not react to his inputs.

If I now ask the copilot to change a COM frequency, he answers correctly and tries to set it. The simulator does not respond to its inputs. But if I ask him to switch Taxi Lights on or off, for example, this works.

If I restart MCE, it works again for a short time or the message comes up that it cannot recognize the aircraft.

I tested it with all GA Asobo airplanes. Everywhere the same problem.

I am very at a loss.

I thought it was the Axis and Ohs software at first, but tried it without it and it behaves the same.

Any solution for this problem ? I'm frustrated 😞

11 hours ago, MawaCiN said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to express how excited I am about MCE. When the software works, it's a sublime experience to use with MSFS and Virtual Reality (HP Reverb G2).

Unfortunately, now comes the but:

I'm having significant problems with the MSFS ATC. Everything starts correctly at first. I can talk to the co-pilot as well as the ATC. When I'm in the air and after a while the ATC stops responding to my voice but can still talk to the co-pilot.

If I say "confirm Callsign" it is played back correctly.

Now I ask the co-pilot to answer the ATC. He also communicates with this, but the ATC does not react to his inputs.

If I now ask the copilot to change a COM frequency, he answers correctly and tries to set it. The simulator does not respond to its inputs. But if I ask him to switch Taxi Lights on or off, for example, this works.

If I restart MCE, it works again for a short time or the message comes up that it cannot recognize the aircraft.

I tested it with all GA Asobo airplanes. Everywhere the same problem.

I am very at a loss.

I thought it was the Axis and Ohs software at first, but tried it without it and it behaves the same.

Any solution for this problem ? I'm frustrated 😞

I suggest you update to the very latest V3.02.6 where tweaks have been made with regards, dialling of 8.33 khz spaced frequencies. And we'll take it from there.

Also remember, it's important for MCE to track the content of the ATC menu at any given time. For instance, when you transmit "Heathrow tower, speedbird 347 holding point two seven left standing by for takeoff", your speech will be recognized and shown in red text, but no menu selection will take place unless the MSFS ATC menu has a line somewhere that reads "Request takeoff clearance from ..."

You can check that with a verbal request to Fo "confirm ATC options". A TTS voice should read out aloud the comntent of the ATC menu at any time, unless there are none.

It's also why it is a requirement to set MSFS user language to English US when using the Native ATC feature in MCE..

You don't want the ATC options to come in German, French or other languages, in which case MCE would be totally unprepared for them.

It's also possible that ASOBO has added a few menu items that MCE isn't aware of yet . When interaction stops, please report what's showing in ATC menu at the time and whether you had the COMMs or FO was in charge..

Latest version also adds support for the iFly 737 MAX.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Keep us updated.

EDIT: If you are on some "aircraft specific edition", don't install the Demo and rather contact support in order to get the latest files suitable for your edition.

Edited by FS++

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply ! I have a registered MSFS version and of course I also need the installation files. So I will try to ask the support.

"Also remember, it's important for MCE to track the content of the ATC menu at any given time. For instance, when you transmit "Heathrow tower, speedbird 347 holding point two seven left standing by for takeoff", your speech will be recognized and shown in red text, but no menu selection will take place unless the MSFS ATC menu has a line somewhere that reads "Request takeoff clearance from ..."

I am aware that MCE needs the contents of the ATC window. As I mentioned, it also works perfectly for a while.

For some reason, however, MCE seems to get out of step during flight so that even the copilot cannot respond to ATC.

If I ask the copilot to read the ATC window to me, he reports content that is no longer up-to-date. It seems like MCE suddenly stopped receiving data from the simulator for some reason.
It seems to me that the WASM module suddenly stopped working.

My language settings are US English in MSFS. MCE, including ATC, works correctly for the first few ATC communications. Until it suddenly stopped responding to ATC. Communication with the co-pilot continues to work without problems. however, the copilot cannot do any COM input afterwards. he answers correctly that he sets Com 1 to frequency xyz, but there is no input in the MSFS. It just sticks.

I hope an update solves the problem. I will report as soon as it is done. I would be grateful for any other ways to troubleshoot.

greetings,

Markus

• Like 1