Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

since new update patch1.25.9.0 problems today

Have Steam version since updated to new patch for update 9 1.25.9.0 today have problems downloading flights.  Any body else havin problems?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

16 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

have problems downloading flights.  Any body else havin problems?

What's this - a 20 questions post?  How about being a tad more specific if you want some help.  Since I started using the sim, I haven't downloaded a flight yet...so no problems here.

Edit:  I'll go out on a limb and guess your sim loading bar hangs while starting a flight and the mod that you're using for the latest, greatest satellite imagery isn't working after the sim update. 

Edited by irocx
  • Like 1

Regards, Kendall

Guess what, u are right.  I have been simming for many years, and never before did I have a problem with these updates.

To be more specific  the sim loads up, then i set a flight plan through the sim and the download just hangs, Just recently downloaded it and put a Cessna in, and no porblems, but when I put the MAddog in for a flight plan, it hangs and doesn't download.

So  I guess my problems must be my addon the Maddog.  I purchased it a few days ago and no problem downloading flight plans.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

2 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

To be more specific  the sim loads up, then i set a flight plan through the sim and the download just hangs,

Using the google mod?  Check your windows host(s) file.  Happens to user of the mod after every update. 

Edit:    see    V V V V V V

Edited by irocx
  • Like 1

Regards, Kendall

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

Guess what, u are right.  I have been simming for many years, and never before did I have a problem with these updates.

To be more specific  the sim loads up, then i set a flight plan through the sim and the download just hangs, Just recently downloaded it and put a Cessna in, and no porblems, but when I put the MAddog in for a flight plan, it hangs and doesn't download.

So  I guess my problems must be my addon the Maddog.  I purchased it a few days ago and no problem downloading flight plans.

They may not (Maddog) updated it yet with the new patch give them a few days they will deliver. This the downside of flighsimming with new updates. Patiences 

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

The Maddog is a WASM plane, and has to reset on the new sim version like it did the first time you flew it.  it will take more than 10 minutes, up to a half hour if you own a potato, and then it will be fine.  any other complex WASM planes you own will do the same on first flight.  this will happen every time the sim updates, and any time the aircraft in question updates.

• Like 1

I don’t own any of these WASM aircraft yet (waiting on B738) but it seems this lengthy first load to recompile code after installation and on updates is catching a lot of people out, thinking their sim is broken. Hopefully the devs of these products are making this very clear in their documentation, so that people don’t start fiddling with a sim that is not broken - and break it in the process.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Right. WASM planes need to recompile with any sim update. Just took some 10-15min here for the PMDG 737 on my end 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I don’t own any of these WASM aircraft yet (waiting on B738) but it seems this lengthy first load to recompile code after installation and on updates is catching a lot of people out, thinking their sim is broken. Hopefully the devs of these products are making this very clear in their documentation, so that people don’t start fiddling with a sim that is not broken - and break it in the process.

They ARE making this clear in the documentation. People are just too lazy to read.

Aerosoft did it, PMDG did it. They even have a text about that in the scrolling text info during the loading screen. 

What they did not make clear is that this happens again after a sim update.

We'll need to post a PSA about this in the forum with each update...

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Hopefully the devs of these products are making this very clear in their documentation, so that people don’t start fiddling with a sim that is not broken - and break it in the process.

They do. At least I saw a clear mention to it in the Maddog forums

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers