Sign in to follow this  
Guest YEGspotter

Blurries Solution - and it's so simple!

Guest rob747

Well,For me - I've cracked the bluries - and it was so so simple! Not sure how it will work for all users but would be interested in feedback.This solution may only be good for people who fly full screen or with a 2d cockpit.Anyway, here goes: Switch to Anisotropic filtering and reduce your zoom to .70! That's it!I used a zoom setting (+/- keys) of .70 which looks absolutely normal when flying but greatly reduces any evidence of bluries and even allowed me to move some sliders up! If I reverted back to a zoom of 1 then - wham - blurries back with a vengence! So .70 zoom is now my default. The key here is also to ensure that your frame rates can make their target. I set mine to 20 and that looks fine. If your machine struggles to make the target (should hover just below normaly) then you need to lower your target frame rate otherwise the blurries remain. My anisotropic filtering and AA are application controled - not set by the graphics driver. (Which you must make sure you have the latest driver version for!)My machine is a Single Core 3.4 Intel (HT), 2gig's ram, 7800 GLH AGP 512mb and twin WD SATA Raptors. So a mid range machine but now I'm well happy with FSX! :) Hated it a week ago.I tried this in Seatle and Malaga with stock scenery - works great and in the UK with photo scenery - amazing resulys there!Let me know if it makes a difference.Oh - do I win a prize or something?

I must admit, a zoom of 1.00 is always a bit like being hunched over the dashboard for me. I'm always pulling back to about 0.75 generally so TrackIR can see properly. I don't have a blurry problem though, so maybe you're right.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest rob747

Also - important - limit your visibility to about 20 miles - let's face it - anything above that is pretty unrealistic anyway!

Agreed. That's what I do also. 20mi is a beautiful difference. That haze is spot on.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest SimDog

Limt visibility to 20 miles? Where is that setting in FSX? I only see the ability to set clouds to 60 miles which is the lowest setting but no setting for 20 mile visibility.SD

Yes, it is confusing! You can set this option ONLY on the weathertab when you choose Custom weather.

Guest SimDog

Still not seeing it. I set Weather / Global setting / Custom, but still do not see a slider or anything to set FSX visibility to 20 miles. SD

Guest rob747

no - it's not in options - it's in the "WEATHER" Menu! - There used to be a .cfg entry for this in fs9 - probably is one for FSX also.

Guest jaapverduijn

Free flight/Current weather/Change/Customize/Visibility.Hope this helps.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest SimDog

Finally found it. Thank you Jaap!SD

Guest jaapverduijn

Good oh! Be well!Jaap.

>Free flight/Current weather/Change/Customize/Visibility.>>Hope this helps.>>Jaap Verduijn.What if you fly real weather? How to limit the visibility? In AS's UI?

I believe that the registered version of FSUIPC will provide a hard limit regardless of how the weather has been generated. Bruce.

>I believe that the registered version of FSUIPC will provide>a hard limit regardless of how the weather has been generated.> >>Bruce.>I wonder if visibility is fixed in FSUIPC 4.10 after FSX SP1. Pete wrote it didn't work right with the oriinal release of FSX/Simconnect (correct me if I'm wrong here). Also there is a setting in FS9.cfg MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS= where you can limit your visibility not using FSUIPC. But if it is fixed now either in FSUIPC or the new AS release, then we are all fine of course.

Guest Redvan

is there a way to limit vis to 20mi w/o using custom weather? ie, can you use real world, but limit to 20mi?