Sign in to follow this  

"Last but not least, as promised in my last news announcement, we're excited to bring a functional update to the A319/A320/A321 Wing Tip Fence series that brings the EFB, and Jump Ahead feature to these aircraft as part of today's update that will become available in the next few hours as part of our experimental channel. This update will also include more fixes and improvements to the FMGC logic as part of our continued commitment to supporting our existing product family."

This is great news for current owners.

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Upvote 2

I am glad that the Concorde will make it to MSFS as well. Releasing it just for P3D probably wont be enough to recoup their costs at this point. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 11

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Good news especially in regards to a decent A330 being made. Easily the best aircraft developer in our hobby.

• Like 3

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

7 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I am glad that the Concorde will make it to MSFS as well. Releasing it just for P3D probably wont be enough to recoup their costs at this point. 

Yup. I was also speculating that FSLabs will probably make a loss on their Concorde for P3D. It's only logical to also bring it to MSFS, where they can earn the real money.

I think FSLabs/Leftaris, if they are smart, will drop future projects for P3D, and just focus on MSFS. Or perhaps just leave the home flight simulation market altogether and focus on government /military/private contracts.  The issue for FSLabs is, they losing market share to companies like Fenix, and more, in MSFS, the slower that FSLabs takes their time in MSFS.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The most exciting thing in that announcement to me is the A330 so we’ll eventually have an option other than Aerosoft.  Knowing FSL’s typically glacial development time though we probably won’t have to worry about anything being released in MSFS for quite some time.

If Fenix lives up to the hype then FSL may as well skip the A320 series and jump ahead to A330.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

As someone who loved FSLabs Concorde in FSX, but never migrated to P3D, this is awesome news.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, regis9 said:

The most exciting thing in that announcement to me is the A330 so we’ll eventually have an option other than Aerosoft.  Knowing FSL’s typically glacial development time though we probably won’t have to worry about anything being released in MSFS for quite some time.

If Fenix lives up to the hype then FSL may as well skip the A320 series and jump ahead to A330.

There is already the freeware A330 project by Headwind that uses the FBW A320 code: https://flightsim.to/file/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion

With every improvement in the FBW A320 code, the Headwind A330 project can benefit from it. And Headwind probably got offers of help, since this project went live.  You should keep track of this Headwind A330 project, and it's free.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, MrNuke said:

As someone who loved FSLabs Concorde in FSX, but never migrated to P3D, this is awesome news.

I anticipate it will take several years before it arrives. Their development time, not impacting P3D sales plus an incomplete SDK guarantees that.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yup. I was also speculating that FSLabs will probably make a loss on their Concorde for P3D. It's only logical to also bring it to MSFS, where they can earn the real money.

It was questionable to begin with. They may have had a narrow window had they got it out before the "study level" planes started coming out for MSFS. But with PMDG, Leonardo, Fenix (soon) etc, releasing compelling products for MSFS; and MSFS already having overwhelming market share before that happened, it is hard to see many people beyond the fanatics (and I consider myself one, and still won't touch it...) buying it.

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I anticipate it will take several years before it arrives. Their development time, not impacting P3D sales plus an incomplete SDK guarantees that.

If that is the case that is fine. I don't think impacting P3D sales is going to be an issue. I suspect though based on the announcement they've been developing in MSFS for awhile and it may not take as long as you expect. The only major issue that I see that needs to be overcome is upper level weather and presumably metoblue and Asobo can overcome that for them.

Edited by MrNuke
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

So A320 master edition + new products A32N /  A330 for MSFS.

Interesting....getting crowded in the Airbus segment.

And Concorde - WOOW that are exiting news, at last for me..🥳 👍🏽

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

So it sucks to be FSLabs in MSFS, because Fenix effectively cornered FSLab's market share with the Fenix A320, not to mention that the FBW A320 is also a competitor to FSLabs (and a competitor to Fenix, of course).  And I believe Fenix will do the A319 and A321 after their A320, effectively taking away the A319/A320/A321 market share away from FSLabs.  Fenix has put FSLabs between a rock and a hard place, with respect to MSFS 😅

Hence why they are releasing everything for P3D first....I would not want to be in their shoes right now. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

35 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

In the history of Flight Simulation, this hast to be the least exciting announcement I have ever read.

Yep exactly. Another A32X, meh, too later as we mentioned. A33X, well, they are extremely slow, give them I don't know 5 years, by that time, you will have another A33X released plus great freeware. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I think it's good news. Competition is always good for the potential customers.

And you know what. I wish them well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Just now, NovemberUniform said:

I think it's good news. Competition is always good for the potential customers.

And you know what. I wish them well.

It's not going to be competition as I think it will be a while before they release something for MSFS.....By that time everyone will have and be enjoying other released aircrafts. 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case