Sign in to follow this  

19 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

One thing about Fenix announcing a wide body airbus though, is that I don't know if they have the base code/engine for that.

So, and my opinion here is complete conjecture with 0 facts, but I imagine Pro-Sim was just a one-time strategy that Fenix used to get their first product to the market at a level of fidelity that would have been completely cost prohibitive without pro-sim. BUT, once they start to collect on the massive influx of revenue generated by the A320, they'll be able to grow their development team to fund future products at a speed that won't require pro-sim. And so, in my opinion, the A320 could allow Fenix to fund a from-zero-to-hero production line of products, as long as Aamir and the team don't spend all the revenue on vacation homes and nights at the pub. 😂

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 minutes ago, WestAir said:

So, and my opinion here is complete conjecture with 0 facts, but I imagine Pro-Sim was just a one-time strategy that Fenix used to get their first product to the market at a level of fidelity that would have been completely cost prohibitive without pro-sim. BUT, once they start to collect on the massive influx of revenue generated by the A320, they'll be able to grow their development team to fund future products at a speed that won't require pro-sim. And so, in my opinion, the A320 could allow Fenix to fund a from-zero-to-hero production line of products, as long as Aamir and the team don't spend all the revenue on vacation homes and nights at the pub. 😂

Software development is not that easy though.  I think the money Fenix makes, can definitely help them to hire new developers.  But adding, say, 2x more developers to their team doesn't mean they will develop at 2x the speed.

For some tasks, like textures and graphics, yeah, I think adding more artists can speed things up.  But not for software development, it's not that easy. Having said that, adding more specialized people can help in a software project, and does speed things up, just not at a 1 to 1 factor (ie. 2 people working on a software project does not necessarily mean double the speed of 1 person working on it).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Not sure why FSL is wasting time and money developing the Neo for P3D. There is already an amazing freeware product on a arguably much more advanced simulator.(msfs) FBW will only get better and better as we wait an age for the FSL development cycle. FSL need to get their skates on as they are quickly becoming irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

This flight simmer will also never give Flight Sim Labs another dime, but for another reason:  Their crazy obsession with proprietary  rights, plus crazy installation requirements, and RE-installation of their products has driven me batty over the years.  I spent untold hours trying to re-install the A320 to no avail (I have given up and it is now lost to me), and the Concorde is still is not right working right after re-install.  Yes, I contacted FSL Support - totally inadequate...   

• Like 2

Better late and done right than something thrown into the simulator as is right now. Even PMDG's 737 which was superb when launched for FSX and P3D later on is buggy in MSFS, missing features and even has flickering screens due to the state MSFS is in. MSFS needs a lot of time to mature, there's lots of time to enjoy P3D still.

FENIX? We don't know what that is, it's not even out yet. FBW? It's getting somewhere, but still underway, in a WIP environment.

MSFS should be the future, it's not there yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 minute ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Better late and done right than something thrown into the simulator as is right now. Even PMDG's 737 which was superb when launched for FSX and P3D later on is buggy in MSFS, missing features and even has flickering screens due to the state MSFS is in. MSFS needs a lot of time to mature, there's lots of time to enjoy P3D still.

FENIX? We don't know what that is, it's not even out yet. FBW? It's getting somewhere, but still underway, in a WIP environment.

MSFS should be the future, it's not there yet.

That's not true at all. Almost any version 1.0 software as bug. To blame MSFS for every issue that are most likely on the PMDG side is not the correct representation of the situation. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

No, historical weather in MSFS is possible with compromises.  Like @JRBarrett said, storing all that data, and storing many years worth of it, is not feasible.

But compromises can be made, such as only storing 7 days worth of data, taking smaller areas of data and averaging it into a larger area, etc, to save on space.  Interpolation can also be used between two points of data to save space (ie. if it's 30 degrees at noon and 24 degrees by 5 PM, you can interpolate that at roughly 2:30 PM, it's approximately 27 degrees, so there is no need to store data for 2:30 PM).

As someone coming from a software development background myself, I don't see any technical reasons why historical weather is not possible, if certain compromises are made.

Asobo needs to get the current weather in check before worrying about historical weather, just saying.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, KERNEL32 said:

Asobo needs to get the current weather in check before worrying about historical weather, just saying.

I don't disagree with you.  I guess that's where the voting system comes in, so Microsoft/Asobo knows what the priorities are.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

21 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

That's not true at all. Almost any version 1.0 software as bug. To blame MSFS for every issue that are most likely on the PMDG side is not the correct representation of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, espent said:

So because one airplane has a bug the whole sim is in a "state"? I am curios on which developer lately has said that the sim is in a "state" that stops them from developing great products.

The  f a n b o y s  are in, i'm out. 

I really should stop picking up any flaws....er... i'm sorry, "issues" MSFS might have, it's too dangerous in AVSIM nowadays.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

OK, this is going way off the reservation.  Back to the topic please, which is not "my sim is better than your sim", or the PMDG 737, or weather in MSFS...

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Members defending their turf to the death provides no end of entertainment. At the risk of incurring the wrath of all and sundry, I have BOTH P3D and MSFS installed. No intention of deleting P3D and will buy the FSL Concorde and 330 for P3D.

There, I've said it. 🤣

Live and let live...

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

I wouldn't write fslabs off just yet, even if they are very late to the MSFS party.

They were revolutionary in many ways with both, their Concorde and especially their A320 series. They are a very talented and passionate group. It's not without reason they have (had?) a large fan base amongst serious simmers, which could have been even bigger, if they had chosen a better way to protect their software from piracy.

If I was in their position, I would try to get the P3D Concorde out the door quickly and sooner rather than later concentrate on the A330 for MSFS - and only that.

• Like 2

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Concorde sure. A320 ,way too late to enter the game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Glad to see FSL is coming to MSFS.  Sure they will be out after the Fenix a320, however, I only care about one thing and that is having the highest fidelity in my sim as I can, if the FSL is better in anyway than I will buy it, even if I bought the Fenix a week prior. 

Same can be said about the Neo.. sure, the FBW is great but I will pay happily for a more in depth experience 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

FSL should do the A350. A320 is saturated now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.