Sign in to follow this  

14 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

To suggest that P3D is visually more impressive is quite frankly delusional.  

What do you possibly mean?

Surely you can see that this video of P3D, running Active Sky v4, REX Sky Force, TomatoShade, Flightbeam Portland, Orbx Global, Orbx Open LC North America and Turbulent Designs TerraFlora on an i9-9900K (Overclocked to 5.0 GHz) and EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is vastly superior to MSFS?

https://youtu.be/wBos4flnHXs?t=889

Default MSFS;

https://youtu.be/BartOkx7em0?t=305

🤣

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Really? Are they really actively bashing the Fenix team and product?? Wow! 

Distasteful.

Nah not really bashing, actually they have a hard time finding something to critisise at all. Most of it is "let's wait until it's released before judging it" with the odd "sounds in the FSL are better" and one mentioning the "MSFS default engine model". But well Rob hasn't joined in yet, so that might change...

EDIT: Oh and just to clarify - that#s the customers discussing, not the devs. They said "we won't comment, keep it civilized please" and nothing ore.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

Nah not really bashing, actually they have a hard time finding something to critisise at all. Most of it is "let's wait until it's released before judging it" with the odd "sounds in the FSL are better" and one mentioning the "MSFS default engine model". But well Rob hasn't joined in yet, so that might change...

LOL! I'll grab the popcorn...

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Let's at least get the facts straight. No one from FSLABS is bashing anyone. Don't put falsehoods like that out there.

This is a very important piece of information. Say what you will about Lefteris et.al., but they are very diplomatic about the competition in general, and the fact they even allow a thread about another developers product is quite a refreshing sight. Try that on Aerosoft forum.

• Like 5

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

7 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Let's at least get the facts straight. No one from FSLABS is bashing anyone. Don't put falsehoods like that out there.

That's also not what he said, but I agree one could understand it this way. So to clarify: No FSL dev is bashing anything, they are simply not commenting. It's the crowd over at the forums.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

This is a very important piece of information. Say what you will about Lefteris et.al., but they are very diplomatic about the competition in general, and the fact they even allow a thread about another developers product is quite a refreshing sight. Try that on Aerosoft forum.

Oh yes, I mean it's good to every once in a while remind people of the devs that really deserve criticism 24/7, like Aerosoft. I already said it in another thread: The CRJ 550/700 costs only 10 dollars less than the Fenix A320...

Edited by Fiorentoni

All the P3Ders bashing on MSFS in the FSLabs forums aside, yes gotta give props and respect to the FSLabs devs themselves where it's due... I sincerely hope Lefteris and team take a realistic look at the MSFS ecosystem and market currently and just focus their efforts on the A330 as their first MSFS endeavor, because they'll surely do much better vs the A320. Of course Concorde as well, but if given a choice I'd take the A330 over it. Lefteris chimed in on this thread here earlier so assume he'll monitor these parts once in a way 🙂

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

This thread is just as bad as the one linked on the FSL forums.

The level of Evangelicalism displayed by some long-standing forumers on here in defence of MSFS is, quite frankly, appalling.
While I strongly suspect some of the accounts that were created since 2020 that are posting in a very partisan way are linked to the success of MSFS, others who have a long history of flight simming should really take a hard look at themselves for some of the unedifying behaviour that they have displayed for a long time now to anyone not sharing their views.

In the same way that a lot of you don't like the other flight sim platforms because they are missing key features for you, there is a sizeable (albeit smaller) number of people who feel likewise about the current state of MSFS.

Opinions are not facts, nor can they be wrong.

I want to read multipage threads about the stuff that makes MSFS great / will make it even better.
Go post on Reddit if you want to word not allowed about how unenlightened other XP/P3D/FSX/FS9/Aerofly flight simmers are.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737NG said:

The level of Evangelicalism displayed by some long-standing forumers on here in defence of MSFS is, quite frankly, appalling.
While I strongly suspect some of the accounts that were created since 2020 that are posting in a very partisan way are linked to the success of MSFS, others who have a long history of flight simming should really take a hard look at themselves for some of the unedifying behaviour that they have displayed for a long time now to anyone not sharing their views.

In the same way that a lot of you don't like the other flight sim platforms because they are missing key features for you, there is a sizeable (albeit smaller) number of people who feel likewise about the current state of MSFS.

I want to read multipage threads about the stuff that makes MSFS great / will make it even better.
Go post on Reddit if you want to word not allowed about how unenlightened other XP/P3D/FSX/FS9/Aerofly flight simmers are.

Opinions are (or should be) based on arguments, which can be proven wrong or right, or at least weighted appropriately. When someone says P3D looks better than MSFS, it might be his opinion, but I can criticise his arguments (or the lack thereof), especially when he tries to frame his opinion as the "right" one, like Rob did over at the FSL forums.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Opinions are fine. But when the opinion is so awkward, we have the right to point out the issues with an opinion too. There was an "opinion" here that P3D has lighting that is just as good as MSFS.  Many of us rightfully pointed out, that unless the picture is a cherry picked of P3D, even with the best add-ons and best circumstances for P3D, if you rotate around a plane externally in P3D in day time, the lighting in MSFS is still much better than P3D (thus, you can't cherry pick a single picture).

If somebody really has an opinion that lighting in P3D is equal to, or better than MSFS, I also have an opinion that maybe they should get their eyes checked.  There was a similar post in the XP forums here in Avsim, where the poster tried to convince everyone of side by side XP 11 vs MSFS pictures, that XP 11 had better graphics than MSFS.  Almost everyone pointed out in the side by side pictures, that MSFS had the better graphics. That XP 11 advocate, also had an opinion, which was quickly countered by the opinions of everyone else.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Opinions are (or should be) based on arguments, which can be proven wrong or right, or at least weighted appropriately. When someone says P3D looks better than MSFS, it might be his opinion, but I can criticise his arguments (or the lack thereof), especially when he tries to frame his opinion as the "right" one, like Rob did over at the FSL forums.

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Opinions are fine. But when the opinion is so awkward, we have the right to point out the issues with an opinion too. There was an "opinion" here that P3D has lighting that is just as good as MSFS.  Many of us rightfully pointed out, that unless the picture is a cherry picked of P3D, even with the best add-ons and best circumstances for P3D, if you rotate around a plane externally in P3D in day time, the lighting in MSFS is still much better than P3D (thus, you can't cherry pick a picture by rotating around a plane externally in real time).

If somebody really has an opinion that lighting in P3D is equal to, or better than MSFS, I also have an opinion that maybe they should get their eyes checked.  There was a similar post in the XP forums here in Avsim, where the poster tried to convince everyone of side by side XP 11 vs MSFS pictures, that XP 11 had better graphics than MSFS.  Almost everyone pointed out in the side by side pictures, that MSFS had the better graphics.

So what?

He's 'preaching to the choir' on a completely different forum. How does that really affect anyone here?
The last 5 pages (1/3 of this entire thread) since the first link to the other site, is nothing more than a pile-on.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, F737NG said:

So what?

He's 'preaching to the choir' on a completely different forum. How does that really affect anyone here?
The last 5 pages (1/3 of this entire thread) since the first link to the other site, is nothing more than a pile-on.

So we can also counter an opinion here?  Sure, if you think lighting for P3D is equal to, or better than MSFS, you have the right to that opinion. If you post that opinion here, especially in the MSFS forums (we are not the P3D forums, mind you), expect to have your opinion countered.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

So we can also counter an opinion here?  Sure, if you think lighting for P3D is equal to, or better than MSFS, you have the right to that opinion. If you post that opinion here, especially in the MSFS forums (we are not the P3D forums, mind you), expect to have your opinion countered.

Did he post on this MSFS sub-forum or on a completely different site?

And I'm well aware that I'm on a MSFS sub-forum, thank you. You don't need to slyly try and tar me with the same brush.
Anyone can see my own views on MSFS in my posting history.