Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

While I strongly suspect some of the accounts that were created since 2020 that are posting in a very partisan way are linked to the success of MSFS, others who have a long history of flight simming should really take a hard look at themselves for some of the unedifying behaviour that they have displayed for a long time now to anyone not sharing their views.

Not too wise to make such assumptions 🙂... take for example me, I've been flight simming since 1986 up until around 2014 when I stopped. And only got back into it around 2020 after evaluating all the current sims and intending to only be bothered by building up an experience and add-ons around one sim, went with MSFS based on my needs. And only actually started to post on avsim recently although I've been a very long-time lurker 🙂

Also yes quite agree that just because others share a different view they don't deserve unedifying behaviour... but the banter in that FSLabs thread is so over OTT and full of false/laughable info I think mocking it incessantly on this thread is not exactly shocking.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

So what?

He's 'preaching to the choir' on a completely different forum. How does that really affect anyone here?
The last 5 pages (1/3 of this entire thread) since the first link to the other site, is nothing more than a pile-on.

I hear you, but an opinion isn't some sort of unassailable safe space. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you make up outright ridiculous arguments purely for the sake of venting rather than say something useful you can't complain if other people, well, have their opinions about that.

I agree though that everything has been said on the matter.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I hear you, but an opinion isn't some sort of unassailable safe space. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you make up outright ridiculous arguments purely for the sake of venting rather than say something useful you can't complain if other people, well, have their opinions about that.

I agree though that everything has been said on the matter.

Exactly. I don't understand why @F737NG expects a safe space in the MSFS forum, when people compare P3D to MSFS. If you want a safe space, maybe stick to the P3D forum. If you're here in the MSFS forum, and you say something outrageous, expect pushback.  If I go to the P3D forum and say something outrageous, I would get pushback too.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Also yes quite agree that just because others share a different view they don't deserve unedifying behaviour... but the banter in that FSLabs thread is so over OTT and full of false/laughable info I think mocking it incessantly on this thread is not exactly shocking.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I hear you, but an opinion isn't some sort of unassailable safe space.

You're both right, an opinion does not convey carte blanche protection from criticism.
My point stems from the fact that in this thread of 15 pages, the last 6 of them have been about mocking someone who hasn't posted on the Avsim forums in nearly 6 weeks, whose opinions aren't exactly widely held, nor get a lot of traction.
He's hardly a prolific influencer on YouTube/Twitch, either.

Banter is fine. Responding to a post made here would also be fair. But this is a pile-on for someone having the 'wrong' opinions on a completely different website.

There's someone currently over on a thread in the XP sub-forums here telling people that a real world 737 pilot's YouTube comments that they like the Zibo mod flight model over the PMDG 737 one in MSFS is also wrong, because the Fenix A320 is about to arrive on the scene.
How that's relevant, I just don't know.

Perhaps a downvote button would be better. That way at least we may stay on topic better rather than have to read 10+ subsequent posts of all-out defence of MSFS every time someone posts something less than 100% praise for it.

Think I'll take a break from the forums until after the Fenix launches...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

25 minutes ago, F737NG said:

You're both right, an opinion does not convey carte blanche protection from criticism.
My point stems from the fact that in this thread of 15 pages, the last 6 of them have been about mocking someone who hasn't posted on the Avsim forums in nearly 6 weeks, whose opinions aren't exactly widely held, nor get a lot of traction.
He's hardly a prolific influencer on YouTube/Twitch, either.

There's someone currently over on a thread in the XP sub-forums here telling people that a real world 737 pilot's YouTube comments that they like the Zibo mod flight model over the PMDG 737 one in MSFS is also wrong, because the Fenix A320 is about to arrive on the scene.
How that's relevant, I just don't know.

Ok, all fair points. If we were to take the high ground then we really should ignore him and not mock him.  It's just that this thread was about FSLabs and that lead to that thread on there being discovered 🙂

Re: the point about flightdeck2sim's thoughts on the PMDG 737 vs the Zibo 737, well let's be fair enough to look at everything he said on his reviews so far, which basically boils down to both being great and pretty much equals to him, the PMDG beats out the Zibo in systems by a bit, and the Zibo beats out the PMDG in handling by a bit, for him (and he has much more experience with the Zibo and one week experience with the PMDG in its first incarnation). At end of below video at https://youtu.be/oq_X6I8DiDU?t=16543 he says: "both are great, I can't put my money on which one I prefer".. I suspect this part was left out in the post on the XP forum 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 5/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, lwt1971 said:

I didn't want to keep adding to the FSLabs posts on the Fenix thread so posting here... Like some of you have already said, FSL really need to think out their MSFS plans/strategy and just focus on the A330 and/or Concorde.  They really have no business case for trying to put out an A320 for MSFS some time in the future (distant future if they stick to current development paces) given what Fenix and FBW bring to the table. Even if they match or exceed Fenix (and a future FBW) in depth of simulation by small or non-trivial margins, I still don't see a business case. Quite frankly maybe just focus on the Concorde as that's the only way they're bound to stand out from the rest of the quality devs for MSFS.

And on a related note, I was browsing the FSL forums and came across this amusing thread https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/31978-excellent-news-about-a320neo-and-concorde-for-p3d-first-thank-you/ , a certain someone along with some other acolytes of a certain sim still trying very hard to bash MSFS and failing in embarrassing fashion per usual, similar to what we see in some other parts of avsim 🙂

What a ridiculous clown fest over there

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Lukas Dalton

22 minutes ago, DaWu said:

What a ridiculous clown fest over there

Absolutely.  A grown man fervently arguing about pixels on a screen of a GAME. 

the simple answer is people just spend a lot of money on a platform and when a new player enters the field they need to justify their past purcahses and feel like they didn't go to waste. ive spent quite a bit on P3D but have all but abandoned it except for flying the 747 and 777, hopefully those arrive soon in mfs

• Like 1

- Anthony Price

This discussion has descended into a slagging off of individual members. It no longer serves any useful purpose. Locked.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather