Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

FSLabs bringing the Concorde to MSFS

We also expect to release the Concorde on Prepar3D first and again, we're working to release it to the MSFS platform. We will be excited to share more previews of this title as it enters beta testing in the next six to eight weeks!

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/31971-may-12-2022-a-news-update/

There you have it folks. I myself was speculating that FSLabs would try to bring the Concorde to MSFS, because there's just much more money to make in MSFS than P3D at the moment.

• Like 6

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

In 5 years 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

In 5 years 

Haha. Well, they said the Concorde will enter beta testing in the next 6 to 8 weeks for P3D.  It will probably show up in MSFS before 5 years.  But yeah, I get what you mean, about FSLab's very slow pace of development 😆

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Absolutely brilliant news 🙂

I was thinking about re-installing P2D, but today's announcement thankfully buried that idea.

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hopefully it'll be a quicker turnover to MSFS since I assume that much of the core code will be unchanged from their P3D version? Even if it's a "straight" port like the Maddog MD80 I'll gladly take it!

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I love fslabs but they're sooooo sloooooowwwwww.... my god

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

It’s always easy to tell the nationality of the person when they mention Concorde. Americans invariably add “the” to it whereas Brits just refer to Concorde.

No criticism intended, just a harmless observation by a Limey. 😉

I shall buy it for P3D as soon as it becomes available and maybe by the time a MSFS version is available that sim will be in a far more mature state than it is now.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

46 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s always easy to tell the nationality of the person when they mention Concorde. Americans invariably add “the” to it whereas Brits just refer to Concorde.

No criticism intended, just a harmless observation by a Limey. 😉

I shall buy it for P3D as soon as it becomes available and maybe by the time a MSFS version is available that sim will be in a far more mature state than it is now.

Will the FsLabs Concorde for MSFS make you try MSFS ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@GSalden Nothing but nothing will get Ray into MFS 🤣 He has his P3D how he likes it, and more power to him I say, I wish I could be as happy with it as he is.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

😉

I for sure will not buy it (or anything else) for P3DV5. I have so much trouble with that sim so it is incredible. I will consider the FSlabs Concorde if it can be expected to be better than the DCS Concorde and the wait will not be to long

• Like 1

Well, at least we now know that FSLabs are aware of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator :wink:

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Will the FsLabs Concorde for MSFS make you try MSFS ?

If I’m still alive in 3-4 years - maybe. 😉

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

@GSalden Nothing but nothing will get Ray into MFS 🤣 He has his P3D how he likes it, and more power to him I say, I wish I could be as happy with it as he is.

I have P3D v5.3 setup perfectly and it really doesn’t give me any problems. My Goflight hardware works great with Pollypot GIT. RC4 is great and has a Speedbird Concorde callsign. I use AIG Ai aircraft so there’s Ai at every airport I own. In short, the only thing I lack is satellite scenery and better lighting.

But when you’re flying the PMDG 738 7 miles up the representation of the ground with the new ground textures in v5 for the whole world have made a big difference. I no longer need UTX addon packages.

When I compare the pros and cons for both sims there are far more plusses in the P3D column than the MSFS one. It’s really not a hard decision to remain with the status quo. 😉

I’m not ruling out buying MSFS but I’d only use it for low-level VFR flights. That’s where it’s so much better than P3D.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not ruling out buying MSFS but I’d only use it for low-level VFR flights. That’s where it’s so much better than P3D.

This picture has changed dramatically in the last weeks. I have been flying the MD-82 and 737 in the most remote places of the earth and had luck with the weather. From terrain textures, higher quality AI traffic, flora & fauna, to the sounds, clouds, and pretty much everything else…just mind blowing.

Hopefully I won’t be afraid of trying new platforms when I am older. There are bumps on the road, but the overall experience is definitely worth it. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Hopefully I won’t be afraid of trying new platforms when I am older.

I do think age is a factor when it comes to huge upheavals in your choice of flight simulator software. I’d rather spend a couple of hours enjoying a flight in P3D than having to start from scratch with a new sim about which I know nothing and my 20+ years of accumulated MFS/ESP knowledge is useless.

And especially one where there are two different installation options ( Steam v non-Steam) plus 3 different versions of the product - Standard, Deluxe and Premium. Not straightforward at all.

One thing in my favour is my gigabit Ethernet connection.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather