Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

FSLabs bringing the Concorde to MSFS

3 hours ago, xender said:

I love fslabs but they're sooooo sloooooowwwwww.... my god

Yeah, they will lose so much market share to Fenix.  But for the Concorde, I think only DC Designs is their competitor in MSFS.  For a high fidelity, study level Concorde in MSFS, I don't think they have a competitor yet.

For the A330, their competitor is Aerosoft and the free A330 that uses the FBW A320 code by Headwind, which may improve as time progresses: https://flightsim.to/file/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yeah, they will lose so much market share to Fenix.  But for the Concorde, I think only DC Designs is their competitor in MSFS.  For a high fidelity, study level Concorde in MSFS, I don't think they have a competitor yet.

For the A330, their competitor is Aerosoft and the free A330 that uses the FBW A320 code by Headwind, which may improve as time progresses: https://flightsim.to/file/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion

I hope they embrace a faster development cycle. By sticking to p3d they risk making themselves irrelevant (At least in the entertainment market).

The Concorde is nice and i will get it (Supposing it costs less than 100) but it is a niche aircraft for sure.

I can only hope that they can enter the msfs market. We need as many quality developers as we can get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Juan Ramos

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

For a high fidelity, study level Concorde in MSFS, I don't think they have a competitor yet.

They don’t have a serious competitor and never will. The number of people who have that unique knowledge is sadly shrinking.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The DC Designs Concorde isn't a competitor to the FS Labs Concorde, just an alternative ( and maybe a stepping-stone for those who learn to fly my version and then want something more detailed ). In many ways, having more than one option creates more sales for both as folks can decide which is right for them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I do think age is a factor when it comes to huge upheavals in your choice of flight simulator software. I’d rather spend a couple of hours enjoying a flight in P3D than having to start from scratch with a new sim about which I know nothing and my 20+ years of accumulated MFS/ESP knowledge is useless.

And especially one where there are two different installation options ( Steam v non-Steam) plus 3 different versions of the product - Standard, Deluxe and Premium. Not straightforward at all.

One thing in my favour is my gigabit Ethernet connection.

Yeah, I can relate to that, even though I think that MSFS' business model is fine, especially with the Game Pass option. Certainly easier to understand than the other sim's EULA kerfuffle. 😄

In any case, if you ever jump into MSFS and would rather buy it instead of subscribing to GP, my recommendation would be the Steam version.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I do think age is a factor when it comes to huge upheavals in your choice of flight simulator software. I’d rather spend a couple of hours enjoying a flight in P3D than having to start from scratch with a new sim about which I know nothing and my 20+ years of accumulated MFS/ESP knowledge is useless.

And especially one where there are two different installation options ( Steam v non-Steam) plus 3 different versions of the product - Standard, Deluxe and Premium. Not straightforward at all.

One thing in my favour is my gigabit Ethernet connection.

Ray, it is all straight forward in MSFS. Very simple. At startup for the first time it checks your cpu / gpu / memory and sets all sliders for you as a start.

Like with P3D you choose Airport , Runway , Aircraft and you go Start flightsimming.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Ray, it is all straight forward in MSFS. Very simple. At startup for the first time it checks your cpu / gpu / memory and sets all sliders for you as a start.

Like with P3D you choose Airport , Runway , Aircraft and you go Start flightsimming.

It all sounds very straightforward Gerard but I’ve lost count of the number of posts I’ve seen complaining that settings have been deleted / lost and the poster is so frustrated. Plus numerous other issues after a major update. Nine to date. I couldn’t even consider it until those are done.

I don’t like the idea of my settings being decided for me unless it’s a one-off action when it’s run for the first time. After that it should stay well away from them.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s always easy to tell the nationality of the person when they mention Concorde. Americans invariably add “the” to it whereas Brits just refer to Concorde.

No criticism intended, just a harmless observation by a Limey. 😉

I shall buy it for P3D as soon as it becomes available and maybe by the time a MSFS version is available that sim will be in a far more mature state than it is now.

I don't say this to be morbid Ray...but I sincerely feel that you and I won't be around when it finally comes to MSFS...based on their history on releasing updates...let alone entire planes...and especially on a completely new platform to boot. (How many years did it take to create sharklets?)

I find it almost comical that they say with any seriousness that they plan to create "the" Concord  in MSFS. (hehe...see the Yank used "the" and left the e off the end...dam Yanks!)  

In a decade from now when they are announcing their 6 month window for beta testing it, today's announcement will be long forgotten.

To me, they are not even relevant developer anymore in the community, and not because of their snail like development process. 😉 

I painted 21 planes for their Airbus series,  out of respect to the simmers who enjoyed them, I left them there for them to enjoy.  I felt taking them down would only hurt simmers, not the Dev.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was in the early beta already. Immediately switched to Steam after release which I would suggest, too.

Never ever have my settings been deleted or modified, despite I have some manually edited figures in UserCfg.opt (that's part of what prepar3d.cfg was). Even the latter have been respected during all updates. The only bad experience was the whole sim was deleted after I made a "Verify Files" in Steam once, which you NEVER should do with MSFS (while it works with other programs).

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

I don't say this to be morbid Ray...but I sincerely feel that you and I won't be around when it finally comes to MSFS...based on their history on releasing updates...let alone entire planes...and especially on a completely new platform to boot. (How many years did it take to create sharklets?)

If a version for MSFS was many years away Steve I don’t think they would have even mentioned it. I’m sure they would have done a feasibility exercise and perhaps the results of that have convinced them it’s viable in a 3-4 year timeframe.

That may sound a long time but by the time beta testing of the P3D version starts in 6-8 weeks around 4 years will have passed since the 64-bit version was mentioned. They do have some very clever programmers and testing is very thorough so I’d expect the P3D version to be released late summer.

Have you any plans to buy the P3D version?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If a version for MSFS was many years away Steve I don’t think they would have even mentioned it. I’m sure they would have done a feasibility exercise and perhaps the results of that have convinced them it’s viable in a 3-4 year timeframe.

That may sound a long time but by the time beta testing of the P3D version starts in 6-8 weeks around 4 years will have passed since the 64-bit version was mentioned. They do have some very clever programmers and testing is very thorough so I’d expect the P3D version to be released late summer.

Have you any plans to buy the P3D version?

I will buy you a copy of the MSFS version if it releases in fewer than 8 years...that is how confident I am that its nowhere close.  Make sure you remind me...hehe because I wont remember. LoL.

I think if they have not done more than a feasibility study and actually got their hands dirty in the actual coding in MSFS, they will be in for a rude awakening if they think they can change a bit of old code and throw it in MSFS and poof...it works.  As you know I was on the PMDG beta team, and I can assure you that they will confirm that its no cake walk, and their original 6 month estimate, even when they were coding in it for a while, got pushed way out the more they coded in it the more they found out what they had to change.  I can't begin to tell you how hard they worked to get it out when they did...and they are in no way finished with it.  Rob said this himself.  I'm exhausted just testing it...imagine how the Devs felt.  The team was getting emails from Rob at 2-3 am, while he was on a trip, in a hotel, trying to manage the Dev team and keep the beta testers in the loop (as much as he could).

I don't have any plans to buy it for P3D...as much as I'd love to learn how to fly her...I just don't have the time.  And with the exception of the iFly 737 Max project for P3D that I'm the beta team for, I never go into P3d anymore...even though V5 was just getting interesting. 🙂

Just like you mentioned, maintaining one flightsim platform is hard enough...I still have to manage 2, and with beta testing, I get to look forward to multiple installs, over and over....every time a new build comes out.  How fun is that? 🤪

Oh, and did I mention in the last few months, I've painted 14 737s for PMDG, 32 for iFly and a few 414s..and this one counts...even though I technically UN-painted it. 🤣

irrBdE.png

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Slight change of thread route. But as someone who first saw Concorde on a radar scope climbing away from me at 35000ft - and I was in a fighter capable of M2 at the time,  - it has always fascinated me.  First met it in flight sim with the PSS/Just Flight  box. Missed the first FS Labs FSX version but voted to buy it in P3dv5 when FSLabs asked.

Installed MSFS just to see what all the fuss was about and have to say DC Designs is in impressive.  Spent a couple a weeks reading the manual, following Ray’s flying tips, and reading the Concorde Heritage site. It’s the ideal training vehicle in preparation for FS Labs (if that ever appears) and in the meantime, it is great fun. 

10 out 10 for DC (just got back from holiday and looking forward to trying the update)

(sorry about the font - how the heck do you change it ……)

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Edited to switch to plain text
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I will buy you a copy of the MSFS version if it releases in fewer than 8 years...that is how confident I am that its nowhere close.  Make sure you remind me...hehe because I wont remember. LoL

By then my attitude may have softened. 😁 I still need a decent ATC program mind.

I’m sure Lefteris and Andrew will have studied things pretty extensively before issuing their statement. You know the speed they work at and don’t make rash decision. 😉

Don’t work too hard Steve. Save some time for flying for fun. Your repaints are excellent. Who knows, one day I might even install one. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

32 minutes ago, FOD said:

sorry about the font - how the heck do you change it …

Select all your text and choose Cut. Then choose Paste and a prompt will appear suggesting plain text. Choose that. I’ve done it for you.

Nice story about Concorde. Lucky man! 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for doing the change Ray.  Keep working on FS Labs - Concorde is still unique - I happily fly (and sometime beta test) Boeing and Airbus but nothing is really like the challenge of Concorde.

Cheers

• Like 1