Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

News from FSLabs

Exiting news from FSLabs.

"Hello all,

It's been a couple months since our last news, so I wanted to take this opportunity and give you an update of our current project development status.

We've so far been very quiet as regards our MSFS development plans - we've taken some time to investigate the best possible way to bring our product family into the new platform while maintaining a common code base that still keeps a high level of realism and fidelity as regards the flight model characteristics our customer base has been used to up to now. Given the well documented state of the Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK we are continuing our efforts to innovate beyond the platforms' current limitations.

Over the last eighteen months, FSLabs has undergone a period of growth where we've brought a number of new developers on board as well as a new support team member and this allows us to utilize functional teams to develop our products in parallel.

A few words regarding our current product road map:

We're very excited to be working on the A320 NEO which we expect to make available on the Prepar3D platform initially. The A320 NEO will join the A320-X Master Series line of products that we are working to bring onto the MSFS platform.

We also expect to release the Concorde on Prepar3D first and again, we're working to release it to the MSFS platform. We will be excited to share more previews of this title as it enters beta testing in the next six to eight weeks!

We're also happy to announce that the A3XX product that we've been teasing for a while now is in fact the Airbus A330. We've been working on this product along side our other development and we expect to give you more news on that later on.

Last but not least, as promised in my last news announcement, we're excited to bring a functional update to the A319/A320/A321 offensive initials not allowed series that brings the EFB, and Jump Ahead feature to these aircraft as part of today's update that will become available in the next few hours as part of our experimental channel. This update will also include more fixes and improvements to the FMGC logic as part of our continued commitment to supporting our existing product family.

As always, thank you for your continued support!"

Looking forward to the NEO and A330.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

"New" is the 330. The rest was already known...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

Yes the A330 is good news and will definitely provide solid competition to the Aerosoft rendition.I am sure FSLabs will do a great job! 👍

Looking forward to this release, whenever it comes! I was in two minds about purchasing the Aerosoft version but I think I will wait it now.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Be more excited if there were dates tbh....

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Nice to hear the Concorde is close to entering beta testing, can't wait to get my hands on that.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Looking forward to an FSLABS level A330! We all speculated that it would come but it's nice to know for sure! Hopefully with RR Trents!

• Upvote 2

It's a sign of the times when this thread has so few posts and there are 100+ posts on the similar thread on the MSFS forum

I had bought the winglets package just for (the offensive initials not allowed - edit: wing tip fence) EFB so very much looking forward to flying it and appreciate the support they continue to give to P3D (unlike other developers *PMDG*)

i think certainly FSLabs could have been much more strategic in the way they made their announcements of their upcoming products

Edited by level7
  • Upvote 1

...100+ posts of mostly conjecture, hyperbolic sim bashing, and insults 😉

Ok, seriously now, I agree it's been more quiet than usual lately. Doesn't mean no one's here. Probably has more to do with there being little to discuss, which is a bad AND a good thing.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Also its holiday season so could also be a bit quieter for this reason.I was also doing some beta testing for a developer couple of weeks ago before going on holiday so this kept me personally occupied.

On the development front it has definitely slowed but thankfully there are still some developers out there continuing to support P3D and more importantly bringing fresh products to the market. 

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, level7 said:

It's a sign of the times when this thread has so few posts and there are 100+ posts on the similar thread on the MSFS forum

Maybe once Concorde for P3D is released it will convince those who wiped it off their drives to reinstall. I’m convinced the version for MSFS won’t arrive for a few years. No reason why both sims can’t happily coexist.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Maybe once Concorde for P3D is released it will convince those who wiped it off their drives to reinstall. I’m convinced the version for MSFS won’t arrive for a few years. No reason why both sims can’t happily coexist.

I hope what Concorde enthusiasts can take from our announcement yesterday is that we not only have brought the new Concorde title up to par with our Airbus series, but more importantly it features in our road map for the foreseeable future. I know our Concorde customers felt left behind for many years - we've gone to great lengths to rectify that and keep the aircraft flying, in the virtual skies at least 🙂

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

2 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

I hope what Concorde enthusiasts can take from our announcement yesterday is that we not only have brought the new Concorde title up to par with our Airbus series, but more importantly it features in our road map for the foreseeable future. I know our Concorde customers felt left behind for many years - we've gone to great lengths to rectify that and keep the aircraft flying, in the virtual skies at least 🙂

I am definitely very appreciative of Concorde's place on the road-map in the longer term - I'm not an Airbus person myself but I'm a bit of a sucker for the classics and Concorde is in many ways the classic - so assuming I do eventually move to the other sim it'll be nice to have a Concorde waiting there!

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

I know our Concorde customers felt left behind for many years - we've gone to great lengths to rectify that and keep the aircraft flying, in the virtual skies at least 🙂

Can’t disagree with you over that Andrew. 😉 But it warmed my heart yesterday reading Lefteris’s announcement. Knowing your attention to detail I’m not expecting much of a delay after beta testing before release.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

...100+ posts of mostly conjecture, hyperbolic sim bashing, and insults 😉

Ok, seriously now, I agree it's been more quiet than usual lately. Doesn't mean no one's here. Probably has more to do with there being little to discuss, which is a bad AND a good thing.

But that used to be the conjecture, hyperbolic sim bashing, and insults that were here!
It has been a bit too quiet lately, hope that's because everyone has just enjoying P3D so much! If the Concorde for P3D is good, it may be quite difficult to resist...

2 minutes ago, level7 said:

It has been a bit too quiet lately, hope that's because everyone has just enjoying P3D so much! If the Concorde for P3D is good, it may be quite difficult to resist...

Probably because v5.3 has settled down nicely and very few are having problems. How many people post saying their installation is great and not causing any issues? 😁 With the whole world ground textures and terrain vastly improved I'm enjoying v5 immensely.

Those Concorde lovers in the other place will be green with envy and may regret wiping P3D off their systems. Let's face it - when you're flying across the pond overtaking lesser aircraft at 800mph what benefits does that sim give you over a 64-bit P3D?

I've been flying the 32-bit P3D version for years and despite having bought a powerful PC back in 2018 I could only use a fraction of the settings in order to prevent running out of VAS.

The virtual cockpit was heavily compromised to keep VAS as low as possible. I also have to run it at 1920*1080 on a UHD display again, for reasons of VAS saving. Not ideal for the sharpest view.

This new version is going to transform my enjoyment of the world's most iconic passenger airliner. :smile:

3 - 2 - 1 - NOW! 👍

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather