Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rayed

HiFi release TWO new products for FSX

Guest abulaafia

i don't think that's true. You are a bit optimistic. There is a lot of overpriced rubbish out there. Wilco comes to mind, Abacus ... won't go on. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

Guest Challenger604

I agree it looks great but yikes $70 bucks?

>There is>a lot of overpriced rubbish out there. Wilco comes to mind,>Abacus ... won't go on. On the contrary it only supports what I said - for $25-$35 for large aircraft you only get mediocrity. So don't be surprised that prices for PMDG aircraft will be more like $70. Mediocrity still sells, still has customers, lets not forget it. What is "rubbish" for you may be a treasure for someone else but most importantly the price reflects it.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest weeniemcween

There's plenty of schlock selling for top dollar over at simmarket. And the pmdg prices were just artificially inflated, if you were paying attention, but let's not get into that thread again.The nice thing about the hifi bundle is that it's a very polished release. Not full of bugs and shortcomings like the majority (yes majority) of fsx add ons hitherto which have been rushed out. Now that some time has passed, I hope more can reach the same standard of merely having a finished product let alone the high quality of that product.

> And the pmdg prices were just artificially>inflated, if you were paying attention,Yes, I was paying attention but I didn't see anything inflated in a well done $60 aircraft. Do you want to see something 'inflated' for a change - get yourself a $1000 jetsim from Elite and taste some real world prices.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest weeniemcween

If you're talking about the real world, when you pay for an elite ATD, you're paying for the FAA stamp and all that went into acquiring it. That doesn't come with the PMDG now does it, even if it is ultimately about bureaucracy and not necessarily quality.And adding hardware also costs a bundle if you do it yourself with your pc, a fact many of us experienced first hand when we upgraded (and will continue to upgrade) for fsx, or bought our yokes, pedals, and goflight equipment. The thing is, I don't expect elite to make a furtive switch of the currency sign.

>Hi,>>What English was appalling in previous releases? This is the>first time I have ever read that. We go to great lengths to>make sure things look, read, and are spelled correctly.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/I'm curious too? I've never noticed any spelling errors in AS?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest weeniemcween

It's not about the profit but the approach, as that whole other thread with annoyed former fans demonstrated. Let's not get into it again.

>Hi,>>What English was appalling in previous releases? This is the>first time I have ever read that. We go to great lengths to>make sure things look, read, and are spelled correctly.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Relating to the graphical side of things, as I recall.I wish I could provide you with further detail but sadly I can't; just remember being unable to make neither head nor tail of the instructions for usage and being surprised the quality was so poor. It was incongruous with the rest of the package.Wasn't there some sort of integration with a flight environment type package a release or two back? It related to that, I'm sure.

Guest Xiderpunk

>Relating to the graphical side of things, as I recall.>>I wish I could provide you with further detail but sadly I>can't; just remember being unable to make neither head nor>tail of the instructions for usage and being surprised the>quality was so poor. It was incongruous with the rest of the>package.>>Wasn't there some sort of integration with a flight>environment type package a release or two back? It related to>that, I'm sure.Lol, yes was almost certainly Peter.. now must buy him a spell checker! :-D